I want devs to actually read this, so lets just get right to the point. The game is awesome, but in need of some quality of counselor life improvements in lieu of counselor communication, which is few and far between and even when present, difficult to relay. How can a dead player tell the group he dropped the gas in the woods?
1. Like Jason's abilities that get better over time, additional objective items should spawn as the counselors become fewer and fewer - but not to the point where everything gets duplicated. Maybe another gas or propeller, fuse...etc. - Final 2 counselors too often try to wait out the clock as items get lost on the map. Give them a push to keep them motivated and keep things interesting. Perhaps even a sole survivor buff that increases stats for the last remaining counselor (not Tommy and not while Tommy is active).
2. If someone with a walkie-talkie walks in the vicinity of an objective item, it should appear on the map for everyone with a walkie - this should be retroactive for anyone who finds a walkie after items have been discovered. You can't count on other people to talk.
3. Change the dodge mechanic completely. It shouldn't be timed with Jason's swings. Pings are too scattered in the game for it to be a consistent means of battling Jason. Shift + direction in combat stance should juke at the cost of a little stamina. Characters with low strength (less than 5) should have significantly weaker dodge mechanics - so much that even a very skilled player should struggle with Deborah against Jason.
4. IF and only if counselor improvements are made - start giving Jason visual cues no matter what direction he is facing that someone screwed up a repair, or has run out of stamina in the water, or got caught in a trap.
5. Characters with composure over 5 get an adrenaline rush that increases their stamina after surviving a close encounter with Jason. It should be enough that Jason cannot catch back up to them if he's been hit with a pocket knife - he gets too many second and third chances with people as is. Certain characters deserve to get away if Jason plays it wrong. Close encounter should be defined as: taking 1 melee hit from almost full health, escaping a grab, passenger or driver of a car that's been stalled by Jason. Knife throws and bear trap wounds negate adrenaline rush or prevent it from happening. Once used, 1st aid spray must be applied before it can happen again.
6. Jason shouldn't be able to see cars on map until he's discovered them or until they've been started. Really good Jasons have been able to decimate counselors far too early because of this, especially on packanack.
7. Objective Items removed from the map should immedietly respawn. A text message should appear notifying players that an objective item as been replaced so they know to recheck houses. This message should only appear for removed game items - NOT duplicate items from suggestion 1 items that have been used to complete and objective (i.e. filling a car with gas will not force an extra gas tank to appear on map).
1. Tommy Jarvis should get XP rewards based on the number of escaped counselors AFTER he entered the game and for 1 MINUTE AFTER dying. Too many Tommy's try and play like they are a counselor. His purpose should be to assist counselors' escape if killing Jason isn't a possibility (which it almost never is). Jason should receive less reward for killing Tommy before counselors and increased reward if Tommy is the last to die and no counselors escaped. Make the conflict interesting in game! Give Jason greater objective!
2. Mute Jason by default. Player doesn't have an option to change this. This hurts the game more than anything I've written above. You guys did so good with the atmosphere, why ruin it all with this?