Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JTDestroyer5900

Anyone getting a Mini SNES?

8 posts in this topic

I just heard about it this morning on the news and I'm hoping to see if I can preorder one at gamestop. Now I can finally play games such as Earthbound, Super Metroid, and Super Mario World. I also heard it comes with the never before released Star Fox 2. $80 seems great for 21 classic games. Its like those garbage plug-n'-play consoles but licensed by an actual company. Anyone else gonna get one?

I hold out hope to be able to pick one up for the collection however if it end up like the NES classic did; it'll end up being a scalper's paradise and hardly anyone who actually wants one will pay retail for it. Simplest way to play your old favorites is to get an older Wii and install the home-brew channel or alternatively go get a Retro-Pi

I was lucky enough to get the NES Classic at GameStop back in the day. The only reason I was is because my wife's little brother works there. I know, it was an underhanded move, but it was for my kiddo.

I did pre-order the SNES Classic @Target, and it is still showing up in my cart. But, I have heard horror stories about the pre-orders disappearing from other people's carts. My card has been charged for it, so, hopefully it will all work out. It's more of a collector thing than really wanting the system. I have a regular SNES that is still in pretty good condition.

32 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

I was lucky enough to get the NES Classic at GameStop back in the day. The only reason I was is because my wife's little brother works there. I know, it was an underhanded move, but it was for my kiddo.

I did pre-order the SNES Classic @Target, and it is still showing up in my cart. But, I have heard horror stories about the pre-orders disappearing from other people's carts. My card has been charged for it, so, hopefully it will all work out. It's more of a collector thing than really wanting the system. I have a regular SNES that is still in pretty good condition.

If your purchase went through you will be all set. What people mean about it disappearing from their carts is during the check out process. You get to a screen and it removes the item and says out of stock or you have nothing in your cart. It is due to a flood of people accessing the site at one time and it errors out. I unfortunately had that happen to me in attempts to pre-order one. But a confirmed pre-order you are all set so do not worry and congrats on snagging one.

SNES classic pre-orders have already sold out everywhere. Anyone's best chance is to try and grab one on release day at a physical location. There will be others posted through out the rest of 2017 as Nintendo has previously stated however online sales you will be competing with bots that automate the entire check out process which in turn puts item in carts and pays for it far faster than any human is capable of. They unfortunately are utilized by scalpers to resell on eBay for a much higher price. They go at about a 300% mark up on eBay and there is a lot of listings so it will be very tough to snag one online. 

Hopes are that Nintendo keeps production streamlined through out 2017 as promised because after that they will discontinue it. Unfortunately that mean not everyone will get one and you must remain vigilant if you hope to get one. Good luck to everyone!

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, JPops said:

If your purchase went through you will be all set. What people mean about it disappearing from their carts is during the check out process. You get to a screen and it removes the item and says out of stock or you have nothing in your cart. It is due to a flood of people accessing the site at one time and it errors out. I unfortunately had that happen to me in attempts to pre-order one. But a confirmed pre-order you are all set so do not worry and congrats on snagging one.

SNES classic pre-orders have already sold out everywhere. Anyone's best chance is to try and grab one on release day at a physical location. There will be others posted through out the rest of 2017 as Nintendo has previously stated however online sales you will be competing with bots that automate the entire check out process which in turn puts item in carts and pays for it far faster than any human is capable of. They unfortunately are utilized by scalpers to resell on eBay for a much higher price. They go at about a 300% mark up on eBay and there is a lot of listings so it will be very tough to snag one online. 

Hopes are that Nintendo keeps production streamlined through out 2017 as promised because after that they will discontinue it. Unfortunately that mean not everyone will get one and you must remain vigilant if you hope to get one. Good luck to everyone!

Thanks for he info @JPops! I thought that if the transaction went through that I would be good. But, after the fiasco that was the NES Classic release, I won't believe it until I am un-boxing the thing in my living room. :lol:

I hope that the supply will be adequate enough for everyone to snag one. I know that it will be a hot Christmas item, but as more time goes by, I think it will be harder to get a hold of. Good luck to you and everyone else!

I hope so too. I remember going to about 5 brick and mortar stores myself. My girlfriend trying 4 herself. She actually was behind the person whom got the last one at one Game stop. SNES is way better to me. I really want to play Final Fantasy 3 again. Secret of Mana was great. Contra 3 Alien wars was my favorite entry in the series. Add iin original Mario Kart and either my favorite or second favorite Zelda. Sold,if I can find one.

Picking mine up today (I'm in the UK) ... I've got a Raspberry Pi emulator which pretty much does the same thing, so I'm already having slight buyers remorse!! 

Probably give it a whirl tonight then decide if I wanna keep hold of it or not.

I really want to, but I'll wait until they hit stores again. Not paying eleventeen billion on eBay/etc.