HorrorMan77

If you could save only one character from there death in the Friday the 13th movies which character would it be ?

84 posts in this topic

Tough call. After a long while of consideration I've decided to save Annie! That sweet, light-hearted, innocent girl that hiked her way to Crystal Camp in the first movie in order to persue her dreams. She was the first person to be killed in the movie, and the most unexpected too! 

Honorary mentions to Mrs. Jarvis, Paula Mott, Brenda Jones, Maddy and Tamara. 

3 people like this

Demon. It's going to be really tough for Reggie with his grandpa and brother dead.

Terry from part 2. Always had a crush on her when I was a kid.....and her poor muffin.....that dog got left out to dry by the events.

1 hour ago, lazerus_86 said:

Kevin Bacon in the first movie, why would anyone want to murder someone with the name of Bacon?

I could murder some bacon, right now.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, HorrorMan77 said:

Or Gordon the Dog from the final chapter was he thrown out of the window or did he jump ? 

I am pretty sure he panicked and jumped out. And I would save Alice, who was only acting in self defense when she killed Pamela.

Demon from part 5. He has a promising singing career ahead of him

She didnt die, but KM 14 from jason x, id save her body. Cuz no replacement will look as good as the original lmao

8 hours ago, lazerus_86 said:

Kevin Bacon in the first movie, why would anyone want to murder someone with the name of Bacon?

If only he had kept that banana hammock on, maybe Jason would have let him go.

There are so many, JJ because her music career will go downhill once she becomes a cokehead and become a stripper. Demon, he suffered enough with that burrito. Mrs. Jarvis. The nerdy girl from part 7 thay put on make up and wanted to get laid but instead got murdered. Drunk Ted. Did you see how many beers he had? Maybe Violet so I could see her move the repetitive pop n lock over and over again. Shelly. I kind of liked the greaser in Part 5 that works on the car, not the douche who takes a dump though.

Most of all, Joey. Then we would never have these Roy killer debates and the series would remain about the Voorhees family. Smh at Victor.

Jenna from the remake.  She totally should have been the Final Girl.

friday_the13th22.jpg

3 people like this

Joey from part 5 he was just trying to be nice and offer people some chocolate 

1 person likes this

Good question.

Hmm....Annie from part 1 is a great shout. Alice from getting killed in 2, and Mark & Vickie were a sweet couple as well. Shelly in 3. Paula in 6, and probably Garris too (think how devastated Megan will be when she finds out post-film that he's dead). Maddy from 7. And J.J. from 8 seemed cool.

Quite a few, really.

Debbie from part 3....she was pregnant .that ain't right Jason...disappointed in you 

Definitely Violet, weird dance and all...

or Annie from part 1.  I always had a soft spot for her

16 hours ago, Jokesonu! said:

Crispen Glover lol, at least he would do the happy dance. 

Yeah every time I watch Part 4 I can't watch his death scene cuz all I see is George McFly! He dies off camera in BTTF Part 2 and I could barely handle that! 

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, Emperiex said:

I've always chose to believe that he was thrown out the window. That was the original intent behind the sequence anyway.

Apparently Kane Hodder refused to kick a dog in Part 8, arguing Jason would never hurt children or animals It's why he chooses to scare the gang kids rather than kill them, as even he has a code, and they're just a bit too young for him to blame for the world's faults yet.

In Jason's view, he isn't a crazed killer, but genuinely punishing the corrupt and evil types of people who left him to drown and killed his beloved mother. He's the good guy in his mind. He's the one cleaning up evil.

It's why Part 9 is so shit. It reimagines him as some kind of arcane hellspawned demon that just wants to murder everyone for the sake of EVIL!!! ...when in reality, he's always just been a tragic spirit of vengeance with quite a narrow geographical focus. Jason should always be portrayed with a (tiny) degree of sympathy IMO. Part 9 fails that test.

Another thing to notice is (as far as I recall) he never tortures or toys with anyone. He kills them in the most efficient manner at the time, often improvising tools. He's never shown to be a sadist, or killing for fun. Again, in his mind, he isn't the bad guy.

2 people like this

9 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

It's why Part 9 is so shit. It reimagines him as some kind of hellspawned demon that just wants to murder everyone for the sake of EVIL!!! ...when in reality, he's always just been a very specific type of spirit of vengeance.

I bet all the names in this list would disagree.

I came here to say SHELLY... but then I remembered Mrs Jarvis. That always bothered me. She was so awesome. And, to be honest, she is one fine looking mama. She wasn't the normal type of victim in these movies. Usually everyone was an annoying punk or delinquent - and most often an abrasive caricature that I looked forward to seeing Jason murdering (hey, it's fiction!!). Mrs Jarvis was too sweet, realistic, and lovable (and she was a MOM).

Of course, that is what truly creates the Tommy Jarvis that opposes Jason...

Mad props to those who answered to save Jason. Best answer, by far. :)

Vickie from part 2, she genuinely loved Mark and didn't get bothered by his disability.

19 hours ago, Ultimusone01 said:

I would save Alice in a heartbeat. I had a crush on her when I was a kid, and seeing her killed in the beginning of Part II was devastating. Why didn't she go back to California?

Same. But since you saved her first, I'll focus on Terry in part 2, my next crush.

17 hours ago, lazerus_86 said:

Mrs Voorhees was serious about bringing home the Bacon that time.

19 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Imagine all the deaths you could have prevented if someone had saved Jason.

jason-sad.jpg

Woa thats deep dude ?

1 person likes this

23 minutes ago, RandallFlagg said:

Same. But since you saved her first, I'll focus on Terry in part 2, my next crush.

Mrs Voorhees was serious about bringing home the Bacon that time.

Woa thats deep dude ?

Yeah always thought terry was hot when i was young. Total crush as a kid. That is why I chose her too lol.

Just now, jameson87 said:

Yeah always thought terry was hot when i was young. Total crush as a kid. That is why I chose her too lol.

Damn, everybody stealing my crushes, you know what I'm gonna say "F" it and save Crazy Ralph. Dude probably has some stories...

1 person likes this

Just now, RandallFlagg said:

Damn, everybody stealing my crushes, you know what I'm gonna say "F" it and save Crazy Ralph. Dude probably has some stories...

I almost forgot about that guy. My wife has never seen the first 3 movies. We might have to have a marathon tonight and watch them.

1 minute ago, jameson87 said:

I almost forgot about that guy. My wife has never seen the first 3 movies. We might have to have a marathon tonight and watch them.

Hell yeah I periodically watch a sequential patch of 2 or 3 at a time. Usually parts 2 through 4 and parts 5 through 7. 

9 hours ago, Davidt said:

Joey from part 5 he was just trying to be nice and offer people some chocolate 

Interesting concept, but then again Roy would have never went on his glorious rampage...