GunMedia_Ben

Dedicated Servers Update and Why Host Migration Won't Happen

62 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Outta the likes, so here`s a 

Thanks.

vanishing-cookie-with-only-crumbs-remain

1 person likes this

Everyone is crying for host migration because all they've ever played is CoD. 

@GunMedia_Ben late to this thread, but thanks for the update and thorough communication on what to expect from it. Kudos to the team for listening to the concerns and updating us.

Hey everybody,  quick question about dedicated servers, apologies if it has already been answered, but will this mean lower pings for international players i.e i am in Australia but regularly play with players in the US or UK (much to their dismay with 400+ ping. Will this improve with dedicated servers?

10 hours ago, Orrwhat1986 said:

Hey everybody,  quick question about dedicated servers, apologies if it has already been answered, but will this mean lower pings for international players i.e i am in Australia but regularly play with players in the US or UK (much to their dismay with 400+ ping. Will this improve with dedicated servers?

This is a really good question. I wonder if they will be renting or purchasing server space across seas to help out international players. P2P may have had lower pings if they do not I would think, due to the hosts being near you. Then again on P2P i play with a couple Aussies and some people in the UK and rarely had major ping issues. However I am sure Gun and Illfonic will have the proper solution for you overseas players. 

so when are those bans coming for quitters? I played for the first time in a while today and both games the host quit. I haven't been playing much because of the quitting, cheating, bad sports, etc. and it's still the same. it's so disappointing because the game is fun when all of the above isn't happening. Quitting is acceptable in most fps's because the slot almost immediately gets filled but this game doesn't work like that. Just overall annoyed whenever i play this game lately and that isn't good for keeping players. People shouldn't sit down at the end of a day and be like, "yes, i'm ready for some more frustration, let me play F13."

1 person likes this

in response to hosts dropping out it would be much simpler to remove the quit game option from hosts menu until a definitive fix can be made. If they didnt have the quit option then theyd need to quit the whole game...this may not work all the time but it would most likely reduce dropouts by a massive percentage.

Also why not impliment a simple vote to kick button as it always seems to be the innocent ppl who have to quit and spend another 10 mins waiting for a game while the idiots get to play all day!

On 9/1/2017 at 8:58 PM, SHLIMPOLE said:

in response to hosts dropping out it would be much simpler to remove the quit game option from hosts menu until a definitive fix can be made. If they didnt have the quit option then theyd need to quit the whole game...this may not work all the time but it would most likely reduce dropouts by a massive percentage.

Also why not impliment a simple vote to kick button as it always seems to be the innocent ppl who have to quit and spend another 10 mins waiting for a game while the idiots get to play all day!

I cannot agree enough with the "Vote to Kick" option. That was a saving grace in Red Dead Redemption. Anytime people start ruining games by trolling others (and even with the removal of Team Killing, they'll find a way!), the ability for the majority rule to kick any player (except Jason) would be extremely helpful. 

2 people like this

Nice. This will vastly improve the game. What an awesome forum keeping the userbase up to date. Some of the previous forms I've been on have been brutal so kudos to you guys! 

Great game and keep up the good work!

On 10/09/2017 at 10:09 AM, BigRed said:

What an awesome forum keeping the userbase up to date.

I agree. I'm amazed with the amount of info we get from the devs. That shows respect and value to the gamers (i.e. Customer).

I cant wait for the dedicated servers. That's gonna fix almost all the cons of the game, in my opinion.

10 hours ago, slvrs said:

I cant wait for the dedicated servers. That's gonna fix almost all the cons of the game, in my opinion.

Forgive my lateness to the game (pardon the pun), but have they given any approximate timeline on the launching of the dedicated servers? 

3 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Forgive my lateness to the game (pardon the pun), but have they given any approximate timeline on the launching of the dedicated servers? 

On 8/22/2017 at 4:36 PM, GunMedia_Ben said:

We don’t have a set date at this time. We are aiming for late-September, but it is not out of the question that it might take more time and could go into October before we release. There has to be an audit that ensures things run properly on consoles and that is a process that takes time.

They gave us an approximate timeframe. It is possible we're close, but not guaranteed.

1 person likes this