VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

4 Jason Strengths & Weaknesses

7 posts in this topic

Here's my ultimate thread on Jason having four strengths and weaknesses! I think I've really nailed it down. Before going into the list, some fundamental changes:

1. Stalk change: Stalking while walking now lasts twice as long as the original values. Stalking while fast-walking lasts  60% longer than the original values. Stalking while Running Lasts 25% as long as the original values. The stalk duration for standing still is the same. Additionally, Stalk now silences footsteps. This works in 3 tiers:

• Stalk weakness: Silent footsteps while slow-walking. Fast-walking & running have audible footsteps.
  • Neutral Stalk: Silent slow and fast-walking footsteps. Running has audible footsteps.
  • Stalk strength: Entirely silent footsteps, be it walk, fast-walk, or running.

2. Throwing Knives: No more knives in Jason's shack. The 2 knives from the shack are added to every Jason's inventory except for those with a -Knives weakness. There is +Knives with 6, neutral at 2, and -Knives at zero.

3. New Strength/Weakness, Rage: Varies how quickly each Jason gains rage ability.

• Rage Weakness: 85% of original Rage gain rate.
  • Neutral Rage: 100% of original Rage gain rate
  • Rage Strength: 120% of original Rage gain rate.

4. New Strength/Weakness, Fear: Varies how quickly each Jason raises counselor fear.

• Neutral Fear: 100%, "Vanilla" game rate of fear gain.
  • Fear Strength: 200% or 2x fear gain rate.

Regular fear gain rate makes Chad at 1 composure gain full fear in 35 seconds. Enhanced Fear would make Chad gain full fear at about 15-20 seconds. My math could be wrong with the percentage fear gain rate so if I am please let me know.

5. Guard Break: Currently Jason is seemingly invincible while blocking. There should be a system for breaking Jason's block. In this system, if Jason absorbs a set limit of damage within a given time frame, the chance of the damage transferring through the guard goes up. This is all determinate on a variety of factors; counselor strength rating, weapons and perks used, damage and stun values, etc. Guard efficiency restores over a set time frame while not taking damage. After a successful guard break, Jason's guard efficiency restores to 66%.

• -Defense: 75% guard efficiency
  • Neutral Defense: 100% guard efficiency
  • +Defense: 120% guard efficiency.

6. Sense Change: After toggling Sense on then off, the meter no longer immediately recharges. It still consumes about 1/4 of the meter then remains where it is. To fully recharge, Sense must be allowed to fully deplete.

And now for the list. Credit to @bewareofbears for the foundation for Roy's stats.

Credit to @NoOneK9503 as the inspiration for the Uber Jason stats(I changed a couple of them though).

I am open to feedback. If you believe some of these need changing then let me know and why you feel that way.

Part 2:

Strengths

• +Can Run - Self-explanatory.
  • +Traps - This Jason starts with 7 traps.
  • +Stalk - This Jason can remain in "Stalk" longer than others. Can run silently.
  • +Sense Duration - This Jason's sense lasts longer once activated.

Weaknesses

• -Shift - Slower speed and longer cooldown on this ability.
  • -Defense - This Jason has lower HP and lower chance to successfully block attacks.
  • -Water Speed  - This Jason is very slow in the water.
  • -Grip Strength - Counselors can break free from this Jason's grasp faster than others.

Part 2 Changed Strengths & Weaknesses

• +Morph - Removed in favor of Stalk and Sense strength because I believe the combination of +Morph and +Traps made Part 2 annoying to play against. The change to +Stalk and +Sense makes Part 2 a trapper/hunter style killer, which I feel will be more fun to play with and against.
  • -Grip Strength - Added because Part 2 is one of the weaker Jasons in the films.

Part 3
Strengths

• +Weapon Strength - This Jason can deal more damage with his weapon against counselors.
  • +Grip Strength - It's harder to break out of this Jason's grasp, once he grabs you.
  • +Defense - This Jason has a higher chance to successfully block attacks(but not more HP).

Weaknesses

• -Stun Resistance - This Jason gets stunned more frequently than others.
  • -Sense Duration - Once sense is activated, it doesn't last very long for this Jason.
  • -Stalk - Shorter duration on this ability. Can only walk silently.
  • -Throwing Knives - This Jason starts with no throwing knives.

Part 3 Added Strengths & Weaknesses

• +Defense - Added to make Part 3 a melee powerhouse. Also because the new guard break mechanic I came up with will make it more viable to combat Jason without being unfair.
  • -Throwing Knives - Added to limit Part 3's ranged ability and thus emphasize the melee focus of the character.

Part 4
Strengths

• +Stalk - This Jason can remain in "Stalk" longer than others. Can Run silently.
  • +Stun Resistance - The chance this Jason will be stunned will be lower.
  • +Fear - This Jason raises counselor fear more than others.

Weaknesses

• -Less Hit Points - This Jason has lower HP than other Jasons.
  • -Traps - This Jason only has 3 traps to use.
  • -Grip Strength - Counselors can break free from this Jason's grasp faster than others.

Part 5(Roy)
Strengths

• +Stalk - Roy can remain in "Stalk" longer than others. Can fast-walk silently.
  • +Weapon Strength - Roy can deal more damage with his weapon against counselors.
  • +Stun Resistance - The chance Roy will be stunned will be lower.
  • +Rage - Roy gains Rage mode sooner than others.

Weaknesses

• -Sense Cooldown - Once activated, Roy's sense has a longer cooldown.
  • -Can't Run - Can fast walk, but can't run.
  • -Defense - Roy has lower HP and lower chance to successfully block attacks.
  • -Grip Strength - Counselors can break free from Roy's grasp faster than most Jasons. Same strength as Part 2, 4, and Savini.

Part 6
Strengths

• +Grip Strength - It's harder to break out of this Jason's grasp, once he grabs you.
  • +Throwing Knives - This Jason starts with 6 throwing knives.
  • +Sense Duration - This Jason's sense lasts longer once activated.
  • +Shift - Greater speed and faster cooldown on this ability.

Weaknesses

• -Defense - This Jason has lower HP and lower chance to successfully block attacks.
  • -Morph - Slower cooldown, so he cannot morph as frequently as other Jasons.

Part 6 Added Strengths & Weaknesses

• +Grip Strength - Added because it's a zombie Jason and to allow for flexibility with environmental kills.
  • -Stalk - Added because as Part 6 Jason plays in the current game Stalk is not frequently used anyway. Additionally he was slightly less sneaky in that film.

Part 7
Strengths

• +Sense Cooldown - Faster cooldown with this ability.
  • +Water Speed - Very fast in water, slightly faster that the boat.

Weaknesses

• -Rage - This Jason takes longer to gain Rage mode.

Part 7 Changed Strengths & Weaknesses

• +Fear - Added to allow Part 7 to keep track of counselors more and to keep their mobility down with stamina regeneration decay from fear.
  • - Traps - Removed for -Stun Resistance to allow Part 7 to have more map control ability. -Stun Resistance is also more accurate to the film.
  • -Rage - Added to provide a counter to being able to track counselors much better than any other Jason.

Part 8
Strengths

• +Water Speed - Very fast in water, slightly faster that the boat.
  • +Destructon - Reduced amount of hits required to break doors/walls.
  • +Morph - Faster cooldown, so he can morph more frequently than other Jasons.
  • +Stalk - This Jason can remain in "Stalk" longer than others. Can fast-walk silently

Weaknesses

• -Sense Duraton - Once sense is activated, it doesn't last very long for this Jason.

Part 8 Changed Strengths & Weaknesses

• +Morph - Added to better reflect the film. Allows Part 8 to have more map control.
  • -Grip Strength - Removed in favor of -Throwing Knives and -Stun Resistance to reduce his close range effectiveness when given the extra map control. Weak Grip Strength didn't make sense for me since Part 8 punched a guy's head off.

Part 9
Strengths

• +Rage - This Jason gains Rage mode sooner than others.
  • +Stun Resistance  - The chance this Jason will be stunned will be lower.
  • +Stalk  - This Jason can remain in "Stalk" longer than others. Can fast-walk silently

Weaknesses

• -Less Hit Points  - This Jason has lower HP than other Jasons.
  • -Traps - This Jason only has 3 traps to use.
  • -Sense Duration - Once sense is activated, it doesn't last very long for this Jason.

Part 9 Added Strengths & Weaknesses

• +Rage - Added to make up for being more vulnerable to death. Also reflects the film. Jason was seriously pissed in that film.
  • -Sense Duration - Added because it best balances against the enhanced close and medium ranged ability buffs. Also reflects the film because Jason lost track of the FBI agent at the start of the film.

Savini
Strengths

• +Weapon Strength - This Jason can deal more damage with his weapon against counselors.
  • +Destruction - Reduced amount of hits required to break doors/walls.

Weaknesses

• -Water Speed - This Jason is very slow in the water.

Savini Added Strengths & Weaknesses

• +Fear - Added because he's fresh out of hell and damn if that ain't scary.
  • -Throwing Knives - Added to limit Savini's close & medium range effectiveness.

Jason X
Strengths

• +Stalk - This Jason can remain in "Stalk" longer than others. Can fast-walk silently.
  • +Morph - Faster cooldown, so he can morph more frequently than other Jasons.
  • +Rage - This Jason gains Rage mode sooner than others.

Weaknesses

• -Shift - Normal speed but longer cooldown on this ability.
  • -Traps - This Jason only has 3 Traps to use.

Uber Jason
 Strengths

• +Defense - This Jason has a higher chance to successfully block attacks(but not more HP).
  • +Stun Resistance  - The chance this Jason will be stunned will be lower.
  • +Destructon - Reduced amount of hits required to break doors/walls.

Weaknesses

• -Rage - This Jason takes longer to gain Rage mode.

On 8/16/2017 at 11:54 PM, bewareofbears said:

Interesting ideas. I really want silent footsteps in stalk.

That actually would be something I'd really like to have. Had a buddy the other night say, "I know you're there, I can hear you moving." Despite being completely careful about creeping up to his cabin and setting up a great ambush outside the front window he was getting ready to climb out of.

bewareofbears likes this

I really like all of these ideas. Having 4 strengths and weaknesses is important to give increasing amount of different Jasons more varied "playstyles". Only thing i would change is to give Uber Jason +Destruction. When i see Uber Jason i always think of "Tank Jason".

5 hours ago, Mr. HK 92 said:

I really like all of these ideas. Having 4 strengths and weaknesses is important to give increasing amount of different Jasons more varied "playstyles". Only thing i would change is to give Uber Jason +Destruction. When i see Uber Jason i always think of "Tank Jason".

You are right. If Uber Jason has weak Stalk, Shift, and Rage, he needs to be able to get into houses more quickly. Good catch. I also made a few minor edits to the OP.

I know everybody want silent footsteps in Stalk, I wanted it since the start. But making it silent across the board isn't as interesting as having another layer of depth by making it dependent on each Jason's stalk strength, so that's why I came up with the 3 tiers.

Oh and be a pal and make sure I don't have to bump my own thread. ;)

FlameRiderSD and Mr. HK 92 like this

Good ideas.

In order for some of the existing strengths/weaknesses to be worthwhile. They should be overhauled a little bit.

The idea of silent footsteps and tiering them and just giving the throwing knives at the start are basic ideas that should be there hopefully soon enough. The rest is gravy.

I still really wish they tinkered with the undead Jasons fast walk speed. Which is what I proposed many moons ago.

+ Fast Walk - Faster than the current undead fast walk...this is a Part 6 feature most likely, but could be added to say Part 8 in exchange for something else or in conjunction with it.

Neutral Fast Walk - As seen by all the current undead Jasons

- Fast Walk - Slower than the normal fast walk, but Jasons with this would have to be compensated with a plus morph or shift or not have them as a weakness whatsoever.