lHeartBreakerl

The mystery deepens (blue dot)

198 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

This is relevant.

I'm not sure exactly this jargon means. Seems important. Any way you or someone else could explain? 

My guess is that the circles represent the 6 holes by the mouth area of Roys hockey mask.  The blue is part 5 since that's the only number in the franchise to use that color on the mask. Just my guess. 

1 hour ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

DHSK8viWAAEe9-5?format=jpg

Alright. Im at a loss. Don't think it's Roy now. Don't think it's a new Jason at all.

I'm stumped.

Edit: I now believe it's a date reveal. 

The 8th dot and 2nd dot were blue. So 8-2X-2017

I guess we'll find out soon.

Yeah it is looking more like a date now with the second dot being added but why do dots in the first place?  What do the dots symbolize other than placement of numbers?  Their has to be more than just dots on a paper because their are better ways to do a date reveal than this.  The dots have to symbolize something especially with it being blue.  This games color scheme is mostly red, black, and a little white.  Why make it white, blue, and black?

How long was it since the last blue dot? If it has been 6 days, maybe they are saying 2 days left until single player release,  you know, countdown style. Or, maybe we need the third dot to know release date of single player as most are suggesting. Single dogs probably refer to single player. The release date reveal could also allude to Roy being added, but I personally don't think this is the case anymore.

There is the 8+2=10 for Uber Jason and since we all know Kane mo capped his weapon, its a long shot but possibility. The fact there are 7 Jason's and it's 8 dots can still allude to a new Jason. Obviously I didn't count Savini into this as most don't have him.

8 and a 2, 1982, Part 3, maybe we will finally see Gloria's Fox. Long shot there, but could be cool.

The dots are going to make a picture of Roy's hockey mask when you put them all together.  

Never mind. That's not going to work lol. 

5 minutes ago, Not Shelly said:

I'm not sure exactly this jargon means. Seems important. Any way you or someone else could explain? 

QA means quality assurance. Meaning they have something worked out and are testing it for bugs. It isn't the usual night testing and working on fixes, this is testing something new.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

QA means quality assurance. Meaning they have something worked out and are testing it for bugs. It isn't the usual night testing and working on fixes, this is testing something new.

Thanks! I still don't think that has to do with the blue dots, but it is good to know they are hard at work improving the game!

7 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

How long was it since the last blue dot? If it has been 6 days, maybe they are saying 2 days left until single player release,  you know, countdown style. Or, maybe we need the third dot to know release date of single player as most are suggesting. Single dogs probably refer to single player. The release date reveal could also allude to Roy being added, but I personally don't think this is the case anymore.

There is the 8+2=10 for Uber Jason and since we all know Kane mo capped his weapon, its a long shot but possibility. The fact there are 7 Jason's and it's 8 dots can still allude to a new Jason. Obviously I didn't count Savini into this as most don't have him.

8 and a 2, 1982, Part 3, maybe we will finally see Gloria's Fox. Long shot there, but could be cool.

4 days.  They tweeted on the 11th and now the 15th, which makes me think we'll get the final image on the 19th, indicating what day the following week the DLC will drop.

2 minutes ago, Not Shelly said:

Thanks! I still don't think that has to do with the blue dots, but it is good to know they are hard at work improving the game!

I can see why you don't think it does, but I feel like it means single player is finished and they are testing it for bugs and glitches to get it rolled out in either a) 2 more days, or b,  the release date a third dot will reveal

1 hour ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

8 dots. 8 players. The dot keeps changing. It's host migration. 

I actually don't hate the host migration theory, although I do think it's hinting at a release date (too) and possibly a new Jason.  
I'd almost have to give them credit if they worked Roy (the blue color), host migration (the location of the blue dot moving) and the date of the update (the significance of the blue dot's location) into one series of teaser images.

1 minute ago, Crooked Wookie said:

4 days.  They tweeted on the 11th and now the 15th, which makes me think we'll get the final image on the 19th, indicating what day the following week the DLC will drop.

Tried to like this but @Ghostboy20 and @Rexfellis took my likes. Goons! Haha

Thanks for debunking my first hypothesis

2 people like this

Just now, Crooked Wookie said:

host migration

host migration is for consoles right? so if the host leaves the whole lobby doesnt leave. since thats already on pc i doubt they make that much of a mystery for "just" consoles. ofc they're as important, but i doubt it.

4 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I can see why you don't think it does, but I feel like it means single player is finished and they are testing it for bugs and glitches to get it rolled out in either a) 2 more days, or b,  the release date a third dot will reveal

I hope it's single player. I really, REALLY, need single player at this point haha 

1 minute ago, Crooked Wookie said:

I actually don't hate the host migration theory, although I do think it's hinting at a release date (too) and possibly a new Jason.  
I'd almost have to give them credit if they worked Roy (the blue color), host migration (the location of the blue dot moving) and the date of the update (the significance of the blue dot's location) into one series of teaser images.

Can you imagine them working in all of that?? Highly unlikely, but would definitely be a big game changer!

Just now, TheHansonGoons said:

Can you imagine them working in all of that?? Highly unlikely, but would definitely be a big game changer!

I mean it sounds like a longshot but I don't know that it really is.  We *know* they've been working on host migration and it's been a priority.  It would make some sense if they released that *with* something, ala Retro Jason skin, by way of 'our bad.'  All it would take is someone figuring out they could use their teaser image to hint at the date, too and you get the trifecta.

3 minutes ago, Muffinsfressnapf said:

host migration is for consoles right? so if the host leaves the whole lobby doesnt leave. since thats already on pc i doubt they make that much of a mystery for "just" consoles. ofc they're as important, but i doubt it.

Does it already host migrate on Steam?  
I mean my guess is it won't just be one thing; if it's an update it'll have some more fixes, and if it's something like host migration where it was their eff-up to begin with, I wouldn't be surprised to see a new content situation like we got with Retro Jason and a big patch.  But my guess is we'll know more on the 19th hopefully.

3 minutes ago, Not Shelly said:

I hope it's single player. I really, REALLY, need single player at this point haha 

It's possible.  We know it's coming, and they've been pretty quiet about it of late.

3 minutes ago, Muffinsfressnapf said:

I have to agree completely here and thought that earlier. Why would you tease something Pcs already have? Doesn't make sense at all. Don't get me wrong, host migration on consoles should be implemented, but I doubt they are ready to roll this out yet. Hopefully by October

It's mostly definitely a date, I bet! Info on thier single player and other stuff they have been working on. Really excited for this

Oh, those little rascals.

Still feeling single player tease, but the exact intention's beyond my ken.

13 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Tried to like this but @Ghostboy20 and @Rexfellis took my likes. Goons! Haha

Thanks for debunking my first hypothesis

That's what we do bro! I'm not sure what the blue dot means. I'm hoping it means Roy is gonna show up on the small maps. (Blue chevrons on his mask). But, whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be cool.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be cool.

Unless it's new blue outfi- *ahem* reskins.

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Unless it's blue outfits.

Shut your HeartBreaking mouth with that nonsense!!  ???

1 person likes this

You'll know tomorrow, or Thursday, Mark my words.  It's a countdown. 

1 minute ago, somakurusu said:

You'll know tomorrow, or Thursday, Mark my words.  It's a countdown. 

We will get another photo with the dot in another locaton on the 19th.

It's not a countdown. It's only been 4 days since the first tease yet the dot is now 6 down the line.