PlayerAgainstTheMachine

Why kids are not that bad.

53 posts in this topic

I cant stand kids, yes even adults can act like children, but a adult can insult me and I can still have my hearing. Meanwhile a 9 year old joining the lobby with the high pitched voice and saying hi, well it makes my ears bleed. I hate playing with children

as much as I despise children simply for existing, I will say I don't mind child players who don't talk while playing. I just can't stand their voices, especially because they're always loud, obnoxious, and they never stop. Plus a common thing with children is their over use of swearing. Stop butchering my favourite words just to sound a little bit grown up

8 hours ago, Lanseril Storm said:

I cant stand kids, yes even adults can act like children, but a adult can insult me and I can still have my hearing. Meanwhile a 9 year old joining the lobby with the high pitched voice and saying hi, well it makes my ears bleed. I hate playing with children

Of course they are loud as hell when they scream but talking about my experience playing I just found 11 matches since launch day that were loud annoying kids.

What I find is most consistently frustrating from kids is that 75% of matches start like this:

K: I wanna kill Jason, let's kill Jason!

Me: OK, do you know how to kill Jason?

K: Umm... not really, wanna do it?

16 hours ago, Ultimusone01 said:

Why would they care about the history when the rap music they listen to uses it twenty times in every other song?

here we go again. theres a difference between the n words. let the greatest rapper of all time explain it to you

1 person likes this

38 minutes ago, 2fast4u said:

here we go again. theres a difference between the n words. let the greatest rapper of all time explain it to you

^^^^^^Thank you.

One is a insult and the other is a flexible term of camaraderie. It can be used in many ways to mean many things. 

Be humane an learn the difference, racism is disease best treated with intelligence.

That aside, an more to the topic at hand, the kids arent too bad as long as they are too young. I found a group of kids i play with every once in awhile, they all between 14-18 an the only annoying thing is when they break sound barriers when they get surprised...that an the terrible use of curse words. But its all good fun.

They all call me uncle rudy cuz im constantly playing mediator when someone gets salty about getn killed.

2 people like this

Some of you might not believe me but this really happened today. A nine year old kid joined the lobby and he had to take a dump real bad. He wanted to hold it in and  wait to see if he was jason and he screamed to his mom for baby wipes. I am not making this shit up. I couldnt believe it but then again nothing amazes me anymore...

4 people like this

I have to disagree. Kids message me all the time to give away people when I am Jason. They are loud and annoying. They make deals with Jason and are the worst kinds of players. They shouldn't be playing the game as it is.

Some kids are bad and everyone automatically seems to assume all kids are the same. They aren't. Give them a chance. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, 2fast4u said:

Some of you might not believe me but this really happened today. A nine year old kid joined the lobby and he had to take a dump real bad. He wanted to hold it in and  wait to see if he was jason and he screamed to his mom for baby wipes. I am not making this shit up. I couldnt believe it but then again nothing amazes me anymore...

Well...now I've heard everything LOL

I'm a parent and it's impossible for me to separate what media is acceptable for my kids to consume from what I'm experiencing with other young children. If your voice hasn't changed, you're going to make me miserable the entire time, for that reason alone. 

I've tried it, and every time I end up hating the match and having to turn off the game after it's done. 

2 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I have to disagree. Kids message me all the time to give away people when I am Jason. They are loud and annoying. They make deals with Jason and are the worst kinds of players. They shouldn't be playing the game as it is.

Of course that there are kids that are annoying and loud but I found a lot good players that are kids. And yeah they shouldn't be playing a +18 game but is impossible that all parents know the existence of the ESRB

4 hours ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Of course that there are kids that are annoying and loud but I found a lot good players that are kids. And yeah they shouldn't be playing a +18 game but is impossible that all parents know the existence of the ESRB

I do have two kids on my friends list. But I am getting old and I can't and wont put up with loud kids who help Jason. 

On 13/08/2017 at 4:25 AM, Handmaid Warrior said:

Can I just say that I hate how haphazardly the term "kid" is used on the internet? Especially when I've seen it come from literal children and adolescents, not to mention barely 18+ youths. I know I'm old and decrepit but jesus it's annoying.

I'm "kid" for being u younger then 18 ?

16 hours ago, CTeden said:

as much as I despise children simply for existing, I will say I don't mind child players who don't talk while playing. I just can't stand their voices, especially because they're always loud, obnoxious, and they never stop. Plus a common thing with children is their over use of swearing. Stop butchering my favourite words just to sound a little bit grown up

Ted If children didn't exist then you wouldn't be alive 

1 person likes this

I am just going to say one thing about this subject. Being an annoying asshole does not have an age requirement. I played a few matches one night with what I can only assume were three 10-11 year old boys (judging by their voices), and they did great every time. No real screaming, maybe a little too much cussing for my taste since I am a father. But, they wanted to pitch in and work as a team, they didn't complain too much when killed, and, perhaps most impressive of all, if one of them was Jason, the other two didn't try to help him, and the little guy playing Jason had no qualms whatsoever taking out his buddies. We played 3 or 4 matches that night, and I had a blast!

On the flipside, I've been in lobbies with "adults" that screamed, whined, cried, threatened to quit, cursed, threw out racial slurs, and promised to do unspeakable acts to family members of the other players. One idiot constantly called me a faggot because I wouldn't give him my shotgun. He was playing Buggzy, and I was playing Deborah. Go get a bat bro, stop being a punk. When I explained to him that I wasn't a bundle of sticks, that maybe he could find one of those near the tents, he just said, "Whuh?" Yeah, the dude was an imbecile. 

So, it's not young players that ruin the game, and it's not adults that ruin the game. It's dumbasses that rely on the anonymity of the internet to protect them as they spew out the most hateful shit they can think of. I just mute 'em. 

@Moe9999633 

I'm "kid" for being u younger then 18 ?

I'll be honest here, yes, you are technically a "kid" if you are not yet 18. But let me qualify this by saying kid should not be a derogatory term. People use it as such because they are ignorant. I call my son kid, buddy, and kiddo all of the time. And I mean all three with all of the love in the world. When his friends come over I say, "Do you kids wanna get a pizza?" When I'm playing on line with younger players, I'll say "Great job kid." or "Get 'em kid." When I say those things, I say them with sincere respect that they did something good.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

I am just going to say one thing about this subject. Being an annoying asshole does not have an age requirement. I've played a few matches with what I can only assume are 3 10-11 year old boys (judging by their voices), and they did great every time. No real screaming, maybe a little too much cussing for my taste sinceI am a father. But, they wanted to pitch in and work as a team, they didn't complain too much when killed, and, perhaps most impressive of all, if one of them was Jason, the other two didn't try to help him, and the little guy playing Jason had no qualms whatsoever taking out his buddies. We played 3 or 4 matches that night, and I had a blast!

On the flipside, I've been in lobbies with "adults" that screamed, whined, cried, threatened to quit, cursed, threw out racial slurs, and promised to do unspeakable acts to family members of the other players. One idiot constantly called me a faggot because I wouldn't give him my shotgun. He was playing Buggzy, and I was playing Deborah. Go get a bat bro, stop being a punk. When I explained to him that I wasn't a bundle of sticks, that maybe he could find one of those near the tents, he just said, "Whuh?" Yeah, the dude was an imbecile. 

So, it's not young players that ruin the game, and it's not adults that ruin the game. It's dumbasses that rely on the anonymity of the internet to protect them as they spew out the most hateful shit they can think of. I just mute 'em. 

The host of the lobby once closed the lobby because I'm a girl and that I'm shit at the game and these little kids were yelling at him

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Moe9999633 said:

The host of the lobby once closed the lobby because I'm a girl and that I'm shit at the game and these little kids were yelling at him

That's just stupid. In my "What was your best match?" thread, my Jason example was a match that I went 7 for 8 in with Pt. 7 Jason. The reason I didn't get 8/8 is because the girl playing Vanessa schooled the hell out of me. She ran me ragged, taunting me the whole time. It was great! I congratulated her after the match. So any jackass that thinks somebody can't play video games just because they happen to have been born with different genetalia  is either trying to be macho, or they haven't played games with enough girls. I've had my ass handed to me in everything from FPS to racing to asymmetrical horror to poker by females. A gamer is a gamer, pure and simple.

1 person likes this

55 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

Well said.

53 minutes ago, Moe9999633 said:

What year did that lobby host think he was in?

7 hours ago, 2fast4u said:

Totally speechless...

2 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Totally speechless...

I'm not speechless. But if I don't stop laughing, I'm gonna wake either the wife or kiddo up, and then there will be hell to pay! :lol: I've been a gamer most of my life (and I'm freaking old!), but I can't say that I have ever risked shitting myself over a video game. There are limits to my obsession with gaming.

1 hour ago, Moe9999633 said:

I have friends who are girls. One a bit younger then me but she's awesome to play games with. I'm trying to buy her a copy of Friday the 13th so she can play with me and a few others who love playing this game. One of my friends who owns this game on both Xbox and PS4 is a girl and she's really good at the game, tho she sucks at Jason. But people will be idiots when it comes to girls and games when I've seen girls who play games better then men soooo yeah you'll get people like that guy at times. Pride tends to gets the best of men. 

22 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

I'm not speechless. But if I don't stop laughing, I'm gonna wake either the wife or kiddo up, and then there will be hell to pay! :lol: I've been a gamer most of my life (and I'm freaking old!), but I can't say that I have ever risked shitting myself over a video game. There are limits to my obsession with gaming.

With age we know what we can handle and what we can't. But yeah we all have a time where we don't wanna risk getting to be Jason tho I will risk a pee not a poop. I just leave the lobby after a match if I'm going to poop. Ain't risking my underwear there lol 

7 hours ago, 2fast4u said:

I've had that when I was a kid lol back in the old PS2 days. Didn't want to stop playing and peed myself lol 

10 hours ago, 2fast4u said:

He should of done this

3 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Well said.

What year did that lobby host think he was in?

Totally speechless...

Think he thought he was in the 60s or something 

I'm definitely biased based off my experiences.  I agree that not all kids are bad, and that there are adults that should know better, but don't.  

Most of the time when I encounter people cheating or exploiting it's mostly kids.  Anytime I join a lobby and I hear more than two kids spouting nonsense on the mic, I always leave and find another game.  Not worth the risk for me.

13 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

I've made a couple people shit themselves playing this game. I've probably been in the gaming world about as long as you.

13 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

With age we know what we can handle and what we can't. But yeah we all have a time where we don't wanna risk getting to be Jason tho I will risk a pee not a poop. I just leave the lobby after a match if I'm going to poop. Ain't risking my underwear there lol

Hope you have a strong bladder... :)

4 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Hope you have a strong bladder... :)

Oh over the years of moving around and long car trips. I can hold my bladder for some time lol