PlayerAgainstTheMachine

Why kids are not that bad.

53 posts in this topic

There has always been the prejudice that all the children who play this game are loud and annoying but I have to say (this is gonna sound funny) that I found more serius kids than mature adults yeah it's sounds weird because adults should play like mature adults not like 9 years old kids. I found adults saying me [various slurs - Omitted by Kodiak] just because they got killed but at the same time I found kids playing in team and not being assholes like adults.

11 hours ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

There has always been the prejudice that all the children who play this game are loud and annoying but I have to say (this is gonna sound funny) that I found more serius kids than mature adults yeah it's sounds weird because adults should play like mature adults not like 9 years old kids. I found adults saying me just because they got killed but at the same time I found kids playing in team and not being assholes like adults.

I completely agree. In all honesty I found my best games end up being with kids. People tend to forget adults can be 10x worse.

Most kids are obnoxious in the game but I have run into a few respectful kids who just want to play the game and have fun as well.  I don't like to use a blanket statement and say all kids are horrible on the game.

Can I just say that I hate how haphazardly the term "kid" is used on the internet? Especially when I've seen it come from literal children and adolescents, not to mention barely 18+ youths. I know I'm old and decrepit but jesus it's annoying.

gtdjlocker311 likes this

Idk.... I've run into kids and adults that are really bad.  Difference is, adults should know better.  But, society as a whole has fallen.  Pretty sad.  

9 minutes ago, Handmaid Warrior said:

Can I just say that I hate how haphazardly the term "kid" is used on the internet? Especially when I've seen it come from literal children and adolescents, not to mention barely 18+ youths. I know I'm old and decrepit but jesus it's annoying.

I'm 24 and I still get called a kid xD 

16 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Exactly. It's also sad when 42 year old men who trolls forums like this and live at home with their moms all while claiming to be successful use it. XD Inside joke. 

Ghostboy20 and Moe9999633 like this

48 minutes ago, Unclebunt said:

Right or wrong you don't use language like that here man.

Yes, but that word is used in way to many matches by way to many people.

RavenStorm32 likes this

46 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

This thread is doomed.

All I have to say is school's almost back in and any issues with kids will be lessened.

Yeah school is back..... and work too :/

1 hour ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Hello young person :)

42 minutes ago, Grape said:

Yes, but that word is used in way to many matches by way to many people.

Do you ever mute people for using that word?

2 hours ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

I completely agree. In all honesty I found my best games end up being with kids. People tend to forget adults can be 10x worse.

There are some nice young people who play the game well and right. I've been schooled a few times by the younger crowd.

3 hours ago, 2fast4u said:

if only these kids knew the history behind the word

Why would they care about the history when the rap music they listen to uses it twenty times in every other song?

gtdjlocker311 likes this

I stay away from squeakers/little kids honestly.  Some are cool but its very very very rare, like Pamela tape rare.  It usually always ends up with them getting into an argument with someone and then comes the slurs and cuss words.  They really aren't team players and don't fully understand the game.  I had one where we could repair the 4 seater fully in one motion but because he was carrying  the gun, he didn't want to drop it.  The part was in the boathouse next to the car!  It was only 10 seconds away.  He could have at least dropped the part off and went back for the gun or the very least stayed to watch my back as I installed the first part.  Instead he wanted to take the gun and go hide someone where until Jason caught him which he wasn't even able to use the gun.  

As soon as I hear a squeaker I am out of that lobby.

It has been my experience on PC that the younger kids (16 or younger) are either online with their parents or easily enraged. Most are fine though.

The crowd that really gets to me are those people 16-22. Now, I also know it is probably a small segment of this age range but... This is the newly minted "I can do what I want," crowd. This is where I find the most grief, the most slurs, and the most rage. They want things how they want things and you had either get with the program or else you know, "it's just a game bro!"

I often use my social worker voice on them. They stop laughing when I calmly inform them that their behaviour is disruptive and it is unfortunite that they feel this is the only way to act to get attention or have fun.