Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Peter1970

Why is the game STILL crashing?

22 posts in this topic

I've started about 8 games tonight and 4 have crashed due to memory leak or being timed out. Are we going to be compensated for the huge amount of points lost?

1 minute ago, Peter1970 said:

I've started about 8 games tonight and 4 have crashed due to memory leak or being timed out. Are we going to be compensated for the huge amount of points lost?

Unlikely. If we're lucky we'll get an "Apologies." tacked onto a comment on Twitter at some point.

1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

Unlikely. If we're lucky we'll get an "Apologies." tacked onto a comment on Twitter at some point.

It's such a big "fuck you" from gun that they choose to update via twitter rather than announce shit here on the forums where the majority of the supporters are.

33 minutes ago, Peter1970 said:

Crashing or losing connection to host?  Both are two entirely different things.  The game hasn't crashed for me since the new patch update for Xbox but I still do get the connection to host lost error sometimes.  Are you on PC or consoles?  For it to crash 50% of the time you are playing is extremely high.  If you are on PC I would check your graphic drivers and such.  

1 minute ago, Corkenstein said:

Crashing or losing connection to host?  Both are two entirely different things.  The game hasn't crashed for me since the new patch update for Xbox but I still do get the connection to host lost error sometimes.  Are you on PC or consoles?  For it to crash 50% of the time you are playing is extremely high.  If you are on PC I would check your graphic drivers and such.  

I have crashed twice on PC. I have lost connection once, but that was during a thunderstorm.

The game feels pretty stable on PC. I know there are some issues still on XBox that aren't related to host migration.

Also, to OP, they can't give you something you didn't earn. Show me a detailed flow chart, pie graph and power point on how likely it was for you to earn whatever amount of points you feel entitled to. You lost the opportunity to earn points, not the points themselves. Having said that, if it is a system-ish wide issue I would hope they would once again compensate with a 2x XP weekend. That seems a fair deal to me.

Yet another game has crashed (this minute 2:08 am UK) Connection Lost to Host. I was playing JASON!!!!!!!!

There were SEVEN councillors and I have killed two at the start and the game is finished. This really is total unacceptable!

9 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Also, to OP, they can't give you something you didn't earn. Show me a detailed flow chart, pie graph and power point on how likely it was for you to earn whatever amount of points you feel entitled to. You lost the opportunity to earn points, not the points themselves. Having said that, if it is a system-ish wide issue I would hope they would once again compensate with a 2x XP weekend. That seems a fair deal to me.

Don't be silly. I DID EARN huge amounts of points as has everyone else and have lost them. Are you 12 years old or something? I am level 55 and have lost at least half my games due to various crashes. So I'd be level 101!!!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Peter1970 said:

Don't be silly. I DID EARN huge amounts of points as has everyone else and have lost them. Are you 12 years old or something? I am level 55 and have lost at least half my games due to various crashes. So I'd be level 101!!!!!!!!!

If you don't finish the game you didn't earn them. O know this is angering since it wasn't your choice not to finish the game. Shame on you for attacking my age uselessly. Shame on me for thinking you were only talking about points you would have earned if the game kept going rather than the points you earned from the start of the game.

I doubt they have the ability to see exactly what you and everyone had earned when your game stopped. I suppose if they could maybe they could give you points for what you did, ie oh look, this guy gets ten points for knifing Jason before the game ended, and this one gets 5 for setting a trap. The workhours that would entail, going through thousands of game transcripts would take a team of 50 a very long time.

In the end, if the game didn't finish, the points weren't awarded, you get nothing. I absolutely support them spending those work hours fixing the issues and then providing those effected with a 2x XP weekend.

15 minutes ago, Peter1970 said:

Yet another game has crashed (this minute 2:08 am UK) Connection Lost to Host. I was playing JASON!!!!!!!!

There were SEVEN councillors and I have killed two at the start and the game is finished. This really is total unacceptable!

That's not a crash....thats a sync error or host left.  The game ended not crashed.  Two different things 

4 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

That's not a crash....thats a sync error or host left.  The game ended not crashed.  Two different things 

You're stuck on the difference between the two, that's okay- the game does still crash though. I send a report to Playstation about once every day or two when I'm playing.

As well, both issues are still issues. If your goal is to educate people on word usage you should state so, otherwise you just appear to be minimizing other's concerns because they're using incorrect terms.

What platform are we talkin here OP?

Im on Xbox an i get a crash about every 7-10 games. So i honestly have nothing to complain about. An its usually always at the beginning of the match so i dobt feel as if i lost much besides a opportunity, and their will always be more of those.

Gun did say they made some fixes but not "fixed" it. 

13 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

You're stuck on the difference between the two, that's okay- the game does still crash though. I send a report to Playstation about once every day or two when I'm playing.

As well, both issues are still issues. If your goal is to educate people on word usage you should state so, otherwise you just appear to be minimizing other's concerns because they're using incorrect terms.

When you work in the industry a game losing sync and a game that crashes makes a biiig difference.  The latter gets your patch kicked back from certification which they currently have one in if MS or Sony find it.  If you are going to report a bug or error, use the right verbage.  Now that we know it isn't a crash, it could be a bad connection on his part, another players connection, or a sync issue from the game but it is no where near a crash.  

If you want help fixing your problem, use the right verbage.  Yes it is still an issue but how the devs investigate the issue depends on what the actual issue is.  A showstopper bug is a high priority/A class issue that gets investigated immediately which is a crash.  A game losing sync is a B class bug which is still important but handled differently.  

Just calling everything a crash will have them trying to pinpoint a crash issue that isn't there.

4 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

When you work in the industry a game losing sync and a game that crashes makes a biiig difference.  The latter gets your patch kicked back from certification which they currently have one in if MS or Sony find it.  If you are going to report a bug or error, use the right verbage.  Now that we know it isn't a crash, it could be a bad connection on his part, another players connection, or a sync issue from the game but it is no where near a crash.  

If you want help fixing your problem, use the right verbage.  Yes it is still an issue but how the devs investigate the issue depends on what the actual issue is.  A showstopper bug is a high priority/A class issue that gets investigated immediately which is a crash.  A game losing sync is a B class bug which is still important but handled differently.  

Just calling everything a crash will have them trying to pinpoint a crash issue that isn't there.

Okay, I'll clear it up for you and the folks in the industry:

• This game loses sync
  • This game crashes

Done.

3 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Okay, I'll clear it up for you and the folks in the industry:

• This game loses sync
  • This game crashes

Done.

Yes we already know that but that's not what's in question.  Its fine if the game crashes or loses sync.  It happens to every game and I am not defending this game is perfect.  The part in question was his specific issue he was having.  If he wants help with his issue he needs to be as detailed as possible.  Coming on to the forums to complain about a crash that isn't one solves nothing and wastes time.  Thats the point.  I am glad I could educate you on the difference and their importance because not a lot of people know.

Either way now we know what the actual issue is he can try restarting his modem, hard resetting his console/PC, etc.  Theirs other things he can do on his side to help his problem.  

1 hour ago, Peter1970 said:

:(

Every time I first start my game on Xbox it crashes during the intro sequence. 

The second time I do it, it runs okay. No telling when the game will crash after that though. 

Edited by AdrianBlackbear

26 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

Either way now we know what the actual issue is he can try restarting his modem, hard resetting his console/PC, etc.  Theirs other things he can do on his side to help his problem.  

...or they can fix the problems. ;)

56 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

...or they can fix the problems. ;)

Unless it's his modem or Wi-Fi then they can't fix that 😉  He should try to restart both and hard boot his console to see if that helps first

4 hours ago, Peter1970 said:

I don't know about compensation, but a double XP weekend every once in a while will be nice for the player base.

As far as why the game is still crashing, there's likely some bugs that need to be fixed.

3 hours ago, Corkenstein said:

I take it you are in the industry?

4 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I'm guessing Twitter is Gun's main method of communication?

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

I don't know about compensation, but a double XP weekend every once in a while will be nice for the player base.

As far as why the game is still crashing, there's likely some bugs that need to be fixed.

I take it you are in the industry?

I'm guessing Twitter is Gun's main method of communication?

I honestly couldn't even tell you what the main method is. It's honestly pretty random. Twitter does seem to be an okay source but it's really a clusterfuck when it comes to getting info.

I have started 7 matches today and only 2 have been completed. The rest have stopped due to time outs, host quitting etc. This is totally unacceptable.