EspionageCosmo

Dear Devs, Bugs Before Content, Please

14 posts in this topic

Disclaimer:
I am excited about the new emotes, and smaller speed maps.
I am excited and proud that the devs have and continue to add more content.
I cannot wait for single player.

I have 200+ Hrs in this game, am level 101, and have been passionate about it since I learned about it.

That being said, dear developers, please, please, please, focus on fixing any/all bugs glitches and exploits before adding any new content.

While the new content is appreciated, it's like adding new rooms to a house with a leaky roof. We have to prioritize.

While there are more bugs than this, these are the ones I see the most:

1. Counselors making Jasons Traps useless by body blocking them. This is an exploit that needs fixing.

2. Perks that do not work when equipped.

3. Having the option of looting a map from a drawer even if you have one equipped as a perk.

There are more, but fundamentally, I think the bugs need to be ironed out before further content is added.

I digress. As I mentioned on another thread earlier. I think host migration should be sorted out before even new maps and other new content. I understand new stuff is good but when its so frustrating to use, said stuff, you're at the same time turning players away from the game. Mainly due to quitting. Your list while important is not effecting the gameplay as much, so Id probably like to see them fix these issues at the same time as new content, but definitely not before host migration which among teamkillers is the biggest gamebreaker at moment.

EspionageCosmo likes this

18 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

I think host migration should be sorted out before even new maps and other new content. I understand new stuff is good but when its so frustrating to use, said stuff, you're at the same time turning players away from the game. Mainly due to quitting. Your list while important is not effecting the gameplay as much, so Id probably like to see them fix these issues at the same time as new content, but definitely not before host migration which among teamkillers is the biggest gamebreaker at moment.

I actually agree with everything you've said here. Maybe I should have made my initial statement more broad to include things like this. In other words "Address existing Issues FIRST before adding new content."

RAGEVIRUS likes this

4 minutes ago, EspionageCosmo said:

I actually agree with everything you've said here. Maybe I should have made my initial statement more broad to include things like this. In other words "Address existing Issues FIRST before adding new content."

They are fixing things. We are due for another patch. I believe Randy said the next patch is waiting for certification.

I especially want host migration. However are you saying that the people working on concept art, animations, motion capture, voice performers, sound design, should just take a vacation until the team working on the bugs gets things sorted out first?

5 minutes ago, Lanseril Storm said:

Normally i would agree, but this game lacks so much in the content, it needs alot of it.

I agree it lacks content but what use is content when you can't use it properly? Like I said, you'll gain players but not fixing the main cause of frustration for so long is causing the game to lose players. Back to square 1 they go.

35 minutes ago, EspionageCosmo said:

No problem. Its nice that you agree. 

I think I'm gonna pop this into the Bug Reporting forum, because those three ones you mention are the ones that bother you the most and so they have a better chance of being represented there. Rather than getting lost in General.

Not sure where this misconception came from but you can get a content update and a patch to fix bugs all in the same release.  Not saying you in general but a lot of people seem to think it is one or the other.  Especially on Reddit but granted most of them are trolls/losers who just want to bash something.  They seem to be under the impression that they abandoned fixing issues to push out new content instead.  Just because you release new content or are working on new content doesn't mean you can't also be releasing a new patch or working on a new patch at the same time.  Most content updates usually have a patch that comes with it that fixes bugs.  

Most of the time both are worked on by different teams as well so again just because content is coming out, doesn't mean they stopped working on bugs and patch releases.  They can do both.    

3 hours ago, dandop1984 said:

However are you saying that the people working on concept art, animations, motion capture, voice performers, sound design, should just take a vacation until the team working on the bugs gets things sorted out first?

It looks like I didn't flesh out all of the thoughts in my head. Sorry about that. To answer your question, no. Since the game is limited on content, I wouldn't recommend that the people whose ONLY work is on adding content be stopped, especially since the time to make content is now while everyone is still on board, and while the game is still popular. This is especially true if content can be added while bugs & host migration are fixed in tandem.

What I mean to say is that any resources and people that can be used to address current issues (bugs, host migration) SHOULD be used for that as opposed to helping with new content... IF and only if those resources and people are being used on new content instead of fixing current issues like bugs and host migration.

It's very possible that this is already that case, and I am only a blind player who is preaching to the choir.

To agree with your point further, it makes sense that, for an extreme example, Kane Hodder should not be told to not come to mocap simply because the host migration issue hasn't been fixed yet, that would be silly.  

2 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

I think I'm gonna pop this into the Bug Reporting forum, because those three ones you mention are the ones that bother you the most and so they have a better chance of being represented there. Rather than getting lost in General.

Thank you. This is what I should have done initially after having taken a second look at the forum and realizing that there is a suggestions area, as well as an area for reporting bugs.

DamonD7 likes this

2 minutes ago, EspionageCosmo said:

It's very possible that this is already that case, and I am only a blind player who is preaching to the choir.

I thought I was the only blind player! Ok technically not all the blind. Just one eye and half the other, but still.

Yes, I know, not what you meant.

2 hours ago, Corkenstein said:

Not sure where this misconception came from but you can get a content update and a patch to fix bugs all in the same release.  Not saying you in general but a lot of people seem to think it is one or the other.

Thanks for clearing that up. While I did know that content and corrections can go hand in hand, I just wanted to be sure that current issues would be corrected at least at the same time as adding new content. My perception (and I own it) was not that they couldn't be fixed at the same time, but that current concerns may not be as prioritized as new content. That is all. :)