jlacasey05

Penalty for leavers

11 posts in this topic

Maybe we can put in a penalty for leavers who join the game who dont get jason then leave or quit because they are dieing i.e WoW has a 30 min ban from dungeons for leavers.

At the minute with connection issues and such, implementing something like this won't work just yet because how do you know who quits and who disconnects ? When the game is fixed then yeah something like this may come into place.

Definitelynotjason likes this

bc people who dont get jason leave immediately i mean how is that far to other players and jason you know so they screw over other players

I've had it on Xbox as soon as you spawn I get DC as counselor or Jason. Until the issues are fixed with memory leaks etc I'm guessing nothing can be done just yet. 

You may be getting pissed off with people who, through no fault of their own leave the game.

no on pc its bad and like u said how do u know they get dced maybe they do quit bc they dont get jason or bc they are getting killed early

1 hour ago, jlacasey05 said:

no on pc its bad and like u said how do u know they get dced maybe they do quit bc they dont get jason or bc they are getting killed early

You just proved his point, there is no way to know if they got DC'ed or just quit. I have been DC'ed at the beginning of matches on several occasions, and during my death animation once. I didn't rage quit, I don't do that, I was disconnected. So, without any way to prove it, it would be unfair to penalize someone for potentially being victim to a fundamental problem that is in the game. Like Unclebunt said, it would not be fair to take action right now with the multitude of connection problems across all platforms.

I'm sorry you are running into that so much on Steam. I really haven't seen a big issue with it. PC seems to be the most stable platform going right now.

Unclebunt likes this

Many bought this game to be Jason.  They wont play as otherwise.  Ultimately you don't want them in the game.  They aren't robbing you or anyone else of anything because the game still continues even if they leave.

You're attempting to force people to play the game *for your entertainment.*  That's just not going to work well.  They'll grief or suicide otherwise and then you'll be complaining about that.

Game with friends.  Easy solution...

2 hours ago, SlyJJ said:

Many bought this game to be Jason.  They wont play as otherwise.  Ultimately you don't want them in the game.  They aren't robbing you or anyone else of anything because the game still continues even if they leave.

You're attempting to force people to play the game *for your entertainment.*  That's just not going to work well.  They'll grief or suicide otherwise and then you'll be complaining about that.

Game with friends.  Easy solution...

Another solution to this may be a "Jason Only" and "Counselor Only" spawn preference, with the person checking a box that they understand they may need to wait if a match is not found immediately.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:19 PM, EspionageCosmo said:

Another solution to this may be a "Jason Only" and "Counselor Only" spawn preference, with the person checking a box that they understand they may need to wait if a match is not found immediately.

I don't think this will change anything.  What you'll find is that people who want "Jason Only" will probably have to wait absurdly long times to get a game.  It might be easier to merely join and roll the dice so to speak in hopes of being spawned as him in a normal group.

41 minutes ago, SlyJJ said:

I don't think this will change anything.  What you'll find is that people who want "Jason Only" will probably have to wait absurdly long times to get a game.  It might be easier to merely join and roll the dice so to speak in hopes of being spawned as him in a normal group.

You have a point, but hopefully the wait will force them to change their mind. In addition, I wonder if AI counselors, however hard to program, can help with this problem. It may work so long as they have variable difficulty and are not more of a liability for counselors than an asset.

5 hours ago, SlyJJ said:

12 hour wait times... :ph34r: