jlacasey05

Penalty for leavers

36 posts in this topic

Maybe we can put in a penalty for leavers who join the game who dont get jason then leave or quit because they are dieing i.e WoW has a 30 min ban from dungeons for leavers.

At the minute with connection issues and such, implementing something like this won't work just yet because how do you know who quits and who disconnects ? When the game is fixed then yeah something like this may come into place.

1 person likes this

bc people who dont get jason leave immediately i mean how is that far to other players and jason you know so they screw over other players

I've had it on Xbox as soon as you spawn I get DC as counselor or Jason. Until the issues are fixed with memory leaks etc I'm guessing nothing can be done just yet. 

You may be getting pissed off with people who, through no fault of their own leave the game.

no on pc its bad and like u said how do u know they get dced maybe they do quit bc they dont get jason or bc they are getting killed early

1 hour ago, jlacasey05 said:

no on pc its bad and like u said how do u know they get dced maybe they do quit bc they dont get jason or bc they are getting killed early

You just proved his point, there is no way to know if they got DC'ed or just quit. I have been DC'ed at the beginning of matches on several occasions, and during my death animation once. I didn't rage quit, I don't do that, I was disconnected. So, without any way to prove it, it would be unfair to penalize someone for potentially being victim to a fundamental problem that is in the game. Like Unclebunt said, it would not be fair to take action right now with the multitude of connection problems across all platforms.

I'm sorry you are running into that so much on Steam. I really haven't seen a big issue with it. PC seems to be the most stable platform going right now.

1 person likes this

Many bought this game to be Jason.  They wont play as otherwise.  Ultimately you don't want them in the game.  They aren't robbing you or anyone else of anything because the game still continues even if they leave.

You're attempting to force people to play the game *for your entertainment.*  That's just not going to work well.  They'll grief or suicide otherwise and then you'll be complaining about that.

Game with friends.  Easy solution...

2 hours ago, SlyJJ said:

Many bought this game to be Jason.  They wont play as otherwise.  Ultimately you don't want them in the game.  They aren't robbing you or anyone else of anything because the game still continues even if they leave.

You're attempting to force people to play the game *for your entertainment.*  That's just not going to work well.  They'll grief or suicide otherwise and then you'll be complaining about that.

Another solution to this may be a "Jason Only" and "Counselor Only" spawn preference, with the person checking a box that they understand they may need to wait if a match is not found immediately.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:19 PM, EspionageCosmo said:

Another solution to this may be a "Jason Only" and "Counselor Only" spawn preference, with the person checking a box that they understand they may need to wait if a match is not found immediately.

I don't think this will change anything.  What you'll find is that people who want "Jason Only" will probably have to wait absurdly long times to get a game.  It might be easier to merely join and roll the dice so to speak in hopes of being spawned as him in a normal group.

41 minutes ago, SlyJJ said:

I don't think this will change anything.  What you'll find is that people who want "Jason Only" will probably have to wait absurdly long times to get a game.  It might be easier to merely join and roll the dice so to speak in hopes of being spawned as him in a normal group.

You have a point, but hopefully the wait will force them to change their mind. In addition, I wonder if AI counselors, however hard to program, can help with this problem. It may work so long as they have variable difficulty and are not more of a liability for counselors than an asset.

5 hours ago, SlyJJ said:

12 hour wait times... :ph34r:

If this won't convince you of the need for a penalty for leavers as well as credit at the start of a kill, nothing will: 
Have a look at this player who repeatedly tells Jason he's going to leave to cost him the kill, only to do exactly that, after saying "Told you, bitch." before leaving mid-weapon death. Ignore the podcast audio covering the Las Vegas shooting.

Why should I be penalized if I leave a game with Jason helpers?

We have quite a lot of discussion on this here at the office in regards to people leaving games in the middle of a kill. People that do it are terrible and it amazes me how they think it's unfair when others do it to them when they play as Jason...but there ya go. 

Dedicated servers are going to help, as are some ideas we have in mind.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Theiceman105 said:

Why should I be penalized if I leave a game with Jason helpers?

There's a difference between leaving a game with Jason helpers and getting salty because Jason caught you so you quit before the kill can register. 

Waiting until Jason grabs you to quit the match might be one of the biggest turd moves in online video games.

Just the way it is though with the anonymity of the internet. No repercussions for being a turd. 

Just make quitting take about fifteen seconds so the kill can finish. No penalties for leaving matches. Players that only want Jason so they quit when the match starts should also register toward overall Jason kills. Maybe no XP for it but it still counts.

Easy peasy.

Please note: Jason using "instant/quick grab kills" is really becoming an issue on PC (Steam).

People know that "Head Punch" and "Choke" are the FASTEST grab kills in the game.

More and more people are using only those 2 kills while being Jason and it does ruin the experience.

Even with 10/10 composure there is no time to break free from those 2 kills.

It makes it so when a player is grabbed by Jason he/she has absolutely NO chance whatsoever of breaking free.

Because more and more Jason's are doing this, it may have to be modified in the future (like at least 2-3 seconds to TRY to break free before the kill).

Anyways, just wanted to make everyone aware of it.

Sincerely.

24 minutes ago, Killer Franchise said:

Please note: Jason using "instant/quick grab kills" is really becoming an issue on PC (Steam).

People know that "Head Punch" and "Choke" are the FASTEST grab kills in the game.

More and more people are using only those 2 kills while being Jason and it does ruin the experience.

It makes it so when a player is grabbed by Jason he/she has absolutely NO chance whatsoever of breaking free.

Because more and more Jason's are doing this, it may have to be modified in the future (like at least 2-3 seconds to TRY to break free before the kill).

Sincerely.

If Jason catches you, grabs you, you don't have a knife, and you got no friends around to help you out, you should ABSOLUTELY have no chance of surviving. 

2 people like this

21 hours ago, Killer Franchise said:

Sincerely.

Thanks for sharing!

1. The executions that Jason uses are not always up to him and directly depend upon terrain and proximity of walls, therefore it is wise and strategic for Jason to use whatever execution he can to make sure that the captured player doesn't escape. Every successful grab is earned and as Jason, if you are lucky enough to successfully grab a counselor that does not have a pocket knife, it is both foolish for the Jason and too much to ask from the counselors that the Jason risks losing it unnecessarily only to perform an execution that prevents other councillors from feeling bored.

2. Any legitimate technique is fair game, and any legitimate technique, no matter annoying, is not cheating and shouldn't be discouraged. As a counter example, I don't prefer being kited by an excellent juker, but it can happen, and when it does, I wouldn't dare lay into someone for successfully evading me. In addition, head punch is a must for emergencies like car starts or phone box activation. I'll even use it to get my numbers initially up if I'm taking too long to kill people.

3. When Jason grabs a counselor, there is already a ~2 second window where Jason must raise them up in the air, and also a second before executions light up.

The "Head Punch" & "Choke" Grab Kills are the FASTEST (almost instant) and you can do them almost anywhere in the game,

Overusing one or both on ALL Counselors is what I am referring to above.

On 8/12/2017 at 0:42 PM, jlacasey05 said:

Maybe we can put in a penalty for leavers who join the game who dont get jason then leave or quit because they are dieing i.e WoW has a 30 min ban from dungeons for leavers.

yea there are times when i get disconnected from the lobby and its not from the host leaving i just lose connection alot of times people don't leave because they get killed they sometimes get disconnected from the server i've had many issues where i'd be host with a party of 5 and we would all get disconnected or 1 or 2 of my party would get disconnected the servers still need a bit of a tune-up but for now try to enjoy the game for what it is i'm having a blast with the game but i still feel like they should have more options for escaping and that they would make it so we can deactivate Jason's bear traps or make it so Jason can activate his own bear trap on himself! 

Surely the best way to fix this problem is to pass on the Jason batten - so if Jason RQ's, DC's or goes AFK for a period there should be an invisible lottery (favoring dead players) enabling someone else to become Jason.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:26 PM, SlyJJ said:

The game is an adversarial (two sided) multiplayer game.  The more and more people who only want to play one side (the vastly more powerful hunter) versus the underdogs, the worse the situation will be with 1-2 players leaving every game - thus stacking the odds more against the underdogs.  Yes, internet issues can and do happen, so leave out bans, and taking away points is useless as they only affect counselor perks to be bought, Jason players have no need of them.

Instead, if someone leaves less than 5 minutes( while alive) in a game have their chance of being Jason drop to 0% for the next "X" hours.  Yes, the I-will-only-play-OP-Jason players will whine and moan, but in an adversarial game that requires two sides, and most people like playing Jason, don't cater to those willing to help ruin the balance of the game by being Jason-only, and instead make them play the game like the rest of us.  Else, more and more will adopt the Jason-only strategy, especially the more tilted to Jason the odds are.   Everyone says "Jason is a killing machine and supposed to win".  What is the single element found in every F13 movie?  Hint - Jason loses at the end.  The more powerful Jason is, the more you will have players only wanting to play the powerful, and not the underdogs. 

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, va_ghost said:

What is the single element found in every F13 movie?  Hint - Jason loses at the end.

That is a very simple and often overlooked fact. Too many people forget about that when they argue that Jason needs to be stronger.

1 person likes this

I just had a match where I killed everyone but the game only counted 2/7(one was a suicide by window but that was because I was on his tail). They need to remove the quit game menu during the kill animation, AND count kills as being completed from the moment it starts rather than the end of the animation.

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I just had a match where I killed everyone but the game only counted 2/7(one was a suicide by window but that was because I was on his tail). They need to remove the quit game menu during the kill animation, AND count kills as being completed from the moment it starts rather than the end of the animation.

i think there might be a little bug a tiny one because i had a game where everyone was alive but jason had 2/7 kills it was a bit weird and i was wondering what was going on might have been a little bug but i think you might of had that happen to you as well its super rare but it just happened