Weaknesses:

-Shift

-Can't Run

-Sense

What do you people think?

Edited by NoOneK9503
A rework was done ;)

21 hours ago, Camp_Blood_Killer said:

so basically another horrible jason just like 7?

He would have +Stun Resistance and +Weapon Damage. Isn't that a reward for his weaknesses?

-shift shouldn't ever be a part of walking Jasons. I could see extremely bad water speed though traps and knives as well. Stun resistance and grip strength would make sense as well. 

16 minutes ago, RAGNAR0K N ROLL said:

-shift shouldn't ever be a part of walking Jasons. I could see extremely bad water speed though traps and knives as well. Stun resistance and grip strength would make sense as well. 

I agree, but in this case, I thought of an exception. Those Strengths would be way too powerful for him, so I thought he would have big penalties too. I imagine Uber Jason as a war tank: lethal firepower, almost unstoppable but very slow and vulnerable.

17 hours ago, RAGNAR0K N ROLL said:

I think -Shift can work on walking Jasons if they had +Morph or +Traps or +Weapon Damage. Just need the right strengths to counter that weakness. All the walking Jasons would feel too similar if none of them had -Shift. Part 7s biggest problem is he has low land mobility and cannot control objectives at the same time. If they replaced -Traps with -Stun resistance like the Beta, he'd be way more viable.

The Preppy Guy and NoOneK9503 like this

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I think -Shift can work on walking Jasons if they had +Morph or +Traps or +Weapon Damage. Just need the right strengths to counter that weakness. All the walking Jasons would feel too similar if none of them had -Shift. Part 7s biggest problem is he has low land mobility and cannot control objectives at the same time. If they replaced -Traps with -Stun resistance like the Beta, he'd be way more viable.

So, you think +Weapon Damage works better than +Destruction in Uber Jason? If yes, I'll edit my post again. Also, nice analysis!

With both Stun resistance and +defence, I am concerned this Jason would be too much of a tank. I know Uber Jason is a tank, but, he also needs to be somewhat balanced. Without an air lock to push him out, this guy is next door to unkillable. Makes sense in the movie, not so in the game.

Perhaps swap stun resistance for the +weapon. Both he and the machete get an upgrade. He is wearing armour essentially so the defense works.

With -shift, can't run and -traps he cannot control the map at all. I know & is the same; yet, there are several, 7 is bad threads, so making the same thing again is maybe not the best move.

The way I see your jason playing is that everyone will just stay away as long and as much as possible. A tough skin Vanessa should be able to survive every match.Oh sure once your Jason gets within reach, the counselor is dead, but getting within reach is almost impossible. How about switching out -shift for -water. All that metal would weigh him down in the water.

You still have a tough strong Jason who devastates counselors when he catches them, but his still somewhat slowed and can't lockdown objectives. This might create more battles with counselors where you can see strength go against strength. You can't run, you can't hide for long as the dude walks through walls. You can't easily demask and he can slash hard to slow you down.

On the flip side, he can't corner you with the traps in locking down escape routes, can't run and would be useless in water.

NoOneK9503 likes this

1 hour ago, Definitelynotjason said:

With both Stun resistance and +defence, I am concerned this Jason would be too much of a tank. I know Uber Jason is a tank, but, he also needs to be somewhat balanced. Without an air lock to push him out, this guy is next door to unkillable. Makes sense in the movie, not so in the game.

Perhaps swap stun resistance for the +weapon. Both he and the machete get an upgrade. He is wearing armour essentially so the defense works.

With -shift, can't run and -traps he cannot control the map at all. I know & is the same; yet, there are several, 7 is bad threads, so making the same thing again is maybe not the best move.

The way I see your jason playing is that everyone will just stay away as long and as much as possible. A tough skin Vanessa should be able to survive every match.Oh sure once your Jason gets within reach, the counselor is dead, but getting within reach is almost impossible. How about switching out -shift for -water. All that metal would weigh him down in the water.

You still have a tough strong Jason who devastates counselors when he catches them, but his still somewhat slowed and can't lockdown objectives. This might create more battles with counselors where you can see strength go against strength. You can't run, you can't hide for long as the dude walks through walls. You can't easily demask and he can slash hard to slow you down.

On the flip side, he can't corner you with the traps in locking down escape routes, can't run and would be useless in water.

Good analysis! Also, doesn't the Jasons with +Weapon Damage disable the effects of Tough Skin?

42 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Good analysis! Also, doesn't the Jasons with +Weapon Damage disable the effects of Tough Skin?

Not disable per se but it brings the survivability closer to not using the perk. I think without perks +weapon damage kills in 3 hits and with thick skinned at 17% or higher it's 4 hits.

On 8/12/2017 at 8:30 AM, NoOneK9503 said:

Strengths:

+Defense

+Stun Resistance

+Weapon Damage

Weaknesses:

-Shift

-Can't Run

-Sense

What do you people think?

I looks like you are definitely going for an "aggressive" Jason design. As is it is, it would likely be decently balanced; this Jason could chop people to shreds quickly and deal horrific damage. He would also get through doors fast like Part 7, though not as fast as 8 and SJ. Remember the machete has increased weapon speed. No penalties to traps means he can still lock in objectives. Sense penalty isn't a big deal since it is a "use as you need it power". Can't run is to be expected, but it is not very significant. The biggest hurt in this build is lack of shift. Even that wouldn't be a big deal based on how fast he can get through doors and how much damage he does on a hit.

I would suggest dropping the - Sense and give him - Traps. Then drop the penalty to Shift (leave it normal) and give him a penalty to Stalk. Uber didn't really sneak up on anyone. This would be a good aggressive/tanky build who could get through doors quick (weapon speed) and hack councilors into itty bits quickly. Normal morph/Shift won't make him immobile.

STR

+DEF

+STUN RESIST

+ WEP DMG

WEAK

- TRAP

- CAN'T RUN

- STALK

NoOneK9503 likes this

@Alkavian Between your Uber Jason idea and the OP's current set up of

Strengths:

+Defense

+Stun Resistance

+Weapon Damage

Weaknesses:

-Shift

-Can't Run

-Sense

I find them both equally applicable to Uber Jason. I'd be fine with either.  HOWEVER... I would like to see a 2nd "walking" Jason with -Shift because I don't want the majority of Jasons to feel too similar in gameplay.

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

@Alkavian Between your Uber Jason idea and the OP's current set up of

Strengths:

+Defense

+Stun Resistance

+Weapon Damage

Weaknesses:

-Shift

-Can't Run

-Sense

I find them both equally applicable to Uber Jason. I'd be fine with either.  HOWEVER... I would like to see a 2nd "walking" Jason with -Shift because I don't want the majority of Jasons to feel too similar in gameplay.

Agreed. I think that would be good for Jason X. Uber is the upgrade after all. :D

32 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Agreed. I think that would be good for Jason X. Uber is the upgrade after all. :D

I could turn that around and say Uber Jason has -Shift because his armor weighs him down. I can play this game too buddy. B)

I might be ok with -Stalk if you imagine his armor is clanking while he walks lol.

EDIT: @NoOneK9503 Oh and I just remembered, maybe even give him or Jason X a unique ability called "+Rage" where he gets rage sooner and attacks that land on him increase the rage meter more, thus allowing him to smash houses sooner. Having +Defense and +Stun resistance might be redundant if their effects cross over each other in some way. The difference between regular defense and -defense doesn't seem very large in my experience, just makes it more common to successfully land a hit on Jason. Maybe +Defense would be enough on its own and Uber Jason could get +Rage. Defense already effects HP and block chance combined, so of Uber Jason has even more HP then it's going to be tough to get his mask off and that may just be enough on its own.

NoOneK9503 likes this

I dunno. With those diesel mecha-muscles he may have little issue with the armor.:lol: As for Stalk...

b4718bbcd051c1f879e0eca713217352_loud-no

Davidt likes this

@Alkavian I don't see why Uber would have less Stalk. Jason is supposed to stand still while using this ability (with my stats he is already slow, so why would he move?). But I still like your stats for Uber.

2 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

@Alkavian I don't see why Uber would have less Stalk. Jason is supposed to stand still while using this ability (with my stats he is already slow, so why would he move?). But I still like your stats for Uber.

Well, I think that you don't want to make him so slow he is handicapped. You want to be careful from a design perspective not to try to straddle too many roles or he will come off as under powered (Part 7). You also don't want to buff too many deadly abilities like weapon strength, destruction, shift, and morph or you'll hear the patented Savini whine.😊 But envision as you will. We can all fantasize.

I think uber Jason should be able to sprint like tiff or Vanessa but sprint being an ability that needs cool down. So plus on grab stun, and teleport, minus on sense and stalk as he is mechanically enhanced armor clank and not quite the human brain he once had ... And replace shift ability with sprint . Also should have a slower time in water due to his heavy uber enhancements,  good for the boat bad for the car. And real bad for the campers with the sprint.

5 hours ago, Jokesonu! said:

I think uber Jason should be able to sprint like tiff or Vanessa but sprint being an ability that needs cool down. So plus on grab stun, and teleport, minus on sense and stalk as he is mechanically enhanced armor clank and not quite the human brain he once had ... And replace shift ability with sprint . Also should have a slower time in water due to his heavy uber enhancements,  good for the boat bad for the car. And real bad for the campers with the sprint.

They're not going to completely change how any Jason plays. They will only change the values on his abilities and personal stats. The game is designed around that system. I talk about Uber Jason in another thread that you can read here.