Tattooey

Good Sportsmanship Club

671 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, va_ghost said:

Off topic - But I am getting tired of the "rushers" who run from cabin to cabin leaving all the doors open just to spam the best drawers in the area - leaving anyone else in the area, or who comes after in dire trouble if Jason shows up and you cant recover stamina for a few seconds in a locked cabin.  

Then I say the person is being self centered and its more efficient than working solely on ones own behalf - and he just calls me salty.

When your turn comes as Jason, that player has done you a massive favor by leaving a trail to follow. Morph immediately to an area with lots of cabins and begin the hunt. He may have weapons and defense items, but he has turned hiding into a massive chore for himself. He's changing the game? Use Jason to change it back.

2 people like this

Been lurkin awhile now, became active on the game again very recently, came here only to ask for an invite to this club! Ps4 Omnichris64.

12 minutes ago, Omnichris64 said:

Been lurkin awhile now, became active on the game again very recently, came here only to ask for an invite to this club! Ps4 Omnichris64.

I got you. Your invitation is on its way! :D

10 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I got you. Your invitation is on its way! :D

Got it, thanks a heap!

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

Fully agree. Not only that, but these people miss a lot of objective parts in the process.

I'm not sure if they intentionally leave the parts there in favor of having a weapon / continuing their rush to find a pocket knife, or if they just fail to see them completely.

Either way, it's extremely annoying when people start to die and you have to worry about RE-checking every cabin for gas/battery/keys/fuse because someone left it there and didn't say a word. That wasn't really a problem for a while. People were generally good at grabbing these things and either doing the work or at the very least dropping them off near the objective.

Yes this issue is starting to become more severe. People are hitting rank 31 & up which is causing them to become more careless. I immediately kick players out who play in this manner.

The reason I boot them is because it's trolling. Regardless if it's intentional or not.

1. They disregard their teammates & objectives. How is this different then players who hide? Players who hide don't scavenge all the resources & screw everyone in the match whose trying to escape. Parts are left & players are forced to spend additional time looking for something already found without knowing where it's at.

2. They disregard objective parts. Leaving them in cabins with doors wide open. This creates a mess of a search that results in nothing getting done & everyone dying. Players avoid searching cabins with doors open cause they assume somebody has already searched it.

3. Leaving doors wide open results in a quick kill of that counselor or more then likely somebody else. They climb through the window unaware the door is wide open. Jason can shift right inside or even walk in using stalk not giving the survivor a chance.

4. Raping the resources so you can be useless & not even call the parts out. Gets your teammates killed at a rapid rate for several reasons. A few examples are lack of pocket knives to disarm traps or even escape being grabbed. Firecrackers to stun Jason for an escape. Finding the last part needed so people can escape.

5. People who play like this are the same reason why no one can ever find a health spray when needed most. They take all the health sprays out of the bathrooms only to discard them on the ground in the middle of nowhere or inside a drawer that belongs to a cabin that's already been searched. When players are wounded they search the restrooms for health sprays. This always fails because somebody will literally pick up 3 just to toss them away when they find a different item or end up dying & out falls 3 med sprays.

6. Weapon durability is often affected by this. I've caught numerous players who take 1 hit with the bat & swap it immediately with another bat. Players end up aimlessly running around unarmed looking for a melee weapon but cannot find one because weapons are being tossed everywhere & swapped for new ones.

These are just a few reasons why I kick players who play in this manner. This game is a team effort based. Playing this way achieves absolutely nothing. 3 pocket knives in your inventory won't assist you escaping the map if you don't even bother to call out the parts to the car. Neither will 10 pocket knives but allowing your team to effectively use the resources they could of found creates various opportunities which in turn can help a couple people escape. Far better odds then taking everything yourself.

2 people like this

On a different note, our PlayStation community had an impromptu tutorial match in a Private lobby a few nights back:

• New players who had never been Jason got their chance.
  • Players who hadn't had the opportunity to experience a team-play dynamic got to be a part of it.
  • Players with physical playing limitations got the chance to be a hero, and not insta-killed as they predicted.
  • Experienced players had a chance to try strategies you couldn't really test in a hyper-competitive setting.
  • We even got a Jason kill tutorial in.
  • Nobody was told that they sucked or should quit or got harassed.
  • Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, and even though we wanted to include more people, we stayed perpetually full.

It was fun to just hang out in the woods and enjoy each other's company while one of us went around trying to kill everyone. I don't need that EVERY time I play, but I'd do it again, for sure!

4 people like this

3 minutes ago, Serum79 said:

I would love to join the club too!! :)

PS4: Serum79

Done and done. Your invitation is en route. :D

40 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

On a different note, our PlayStation community had an impromptu tutorial match in a Private lobby a few nights back:

• New players who had never been Jason got their chance.
  • Players who hadn't had the opportunity to experience a team-play dynamic got to be a part of it.
  • Players with physical playing limitations got the chance to be a hero, and not insta-killed as they predicted.
  • Experienced players had a chance to try strategies you couldn't really test in a hyper-competitive setting.
  • We even got a Jason kill tutorial in.
  • Nobody was told that they sucked or should quit or got harassed.
  • Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, and even though we wanted to include more people, we stayed perpetually full.

It was fun to just hang out in the woods and enjoy each other's company while one of us went around trying to kill everyone. I don't need that EVERY time I play, but I'd do it again, for sure!

That was the first time I've been in a private match. Definitely the most fun I've ever had playing this game! Even though I have social anxiety about talking over the mic, I started feeling comfortable after a few matches. 

2 people like this

I am an Xbox player and a friendly counselor. Distracted Jason for ages with Tiffany while a camping Deborah had to make her way from one end of the map to the other to escape with the police.

Can we have a club like that on PC? I'm sick of toxic people ruining every match. 

14 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Done and done. Your invitation is en route. :D

Awesome!!  Thank you kindly :)  I will accept it as soon as I get home.  Excited to play some fun and decent games with fun and decent folks :D

2 hours ago, kitcat said:

Can we have a club like that on PC? I'm sick of toxic people ruining every match. 

Why yes, you can! Cue @Definitelynotjason!

YxbdDBJ.gif

Edit: Would've been so much cooler if he was already online...

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, SpXp said:

May I join the PS4 community?

Tag: EspeXspe

You may! Look for your invitation presently.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

You may! Look for your invitation presently.

I'm in. Thank you. :)

I've noticed that the speed looting is much more prevalent in the smaller maps. Wide open doors, gas cans and batteries left behind. I've just gotten used to the fact that I need to check every cabin regardless if I just see someone hop out a window.

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, jc17 said:

Can I get an invite?

PS4: jc-17-

Your invite had been launched! :D

Hey guys, do the PSN and Xbox communities allow people to join them on their own, or send in a request? Or is it invite only?

Would be helpful if we could create a sticky thread that contains the "landing page" for all of the groups (like this), and nothing else.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/f13forums

Invite only for Xbox. Maybe one of the mods can sticky this thread.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:02 PM, Tattooey said:

Hopefully if this works we can invite new friends however we meet them. Be it the forum or in a quickplay match.

Please anyone interested message me or reply your gamertag. I'd like all forum members to be admins. Name of club is "Crystal Lake Employment Agency"

Xbox: Dr B DDS

PSN:  Dr_B_DDS ( I know it's an xbox club, but just in case someone starts a PS4 one.  Didn't read entire thread)

2 minutes ago, Dr B DDS said:

Xbox: Dr B DDS

PSN:  Dr_B_DDS ( I know it's an xbox club, but just in case someone starts a PS4 one.  Didn't read entire thread)

@NthnButAGoodTime will invite you as soon as he gets on.

i invited you

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

@NthnButAGoodTime will invite you as soon as he gets on.

Thanks!  You guys are doing really good work with this.

2 people like this