Tattooey

Good Sportmenship Club

213 posts in this topic

I wanted to share an idea to see if people would get behind it. I want to start a Xbox club exclusively for the members of this forums & non members. However there will be slight differences in the type of players allowed to join.

1. First off to allow the members to network & quickly get into games with various other players.

2. Second is the difference between other clubs. This club will be by invitation only. This will allow us to only invite players that meet certain criteria.

A. No member will cheat, glitch, mod, hack, or exploit ever or they will be removed from the group & reported if caught.

B. All members are mature gamers who conduct themselves respectfully. Minor trash talk is okay but excessive raging will not be permitted.

C. Members will not rage quit from a match. The members will also conduct themselves professionally during matches.

The purpose of this club will exist to make meeting new players & good fair gamers easier. Finding good games with mature players will become inevitably much quicker & resulted in better quality of matches. I have a lot of friends who are great players & a blast to play with unfortunately they are not members of this forum but their ideas on how to play fairly are mutual with the people in this community. I'm sure as well that the members of this forum also have friends who are not so different. Almost every private match I play in everyone in session is a friend or a mutual friend. Very rarely do I deal with toxic players.

I hope that you guys understand what I'm trying to achieve & hopefully we can get a lot of us on board to kickstart this thing. Maybe PlayStation can also create the same thing. The goal is for the players who don't have anyone to play with can use the group to find well trusted gamers who will welcome them rather then teamkill. I often at times don't have many people online or most are already in full games.

2 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

A. Nonmember will not cheat, glitch, mod, hack, or exploit ever or they will be removed & reported from the group if caught.

Okay I fix this for you. You made it sound they could do these thing. 

Just now, Ghostboy20 said:

Okay I fix this for you. You made it sound they could do these thing. 

Ya I was re reading & editing. Thx for pointing it out. Does PlayStation have a similar feature?

2 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

Ya I was re reading & editing. Thx for pointing it out. Does PlayStation have a similar feature?

They have community's. 

Well maybe we can rally everyone on here to give this a shot. I'd very much rather play with people I can trust & more importantly have fun with.

The people I play with are always laughing & enjoying the game to its full current potential. No one gets bent out of shape over dying. Usually Jason killing us is somehow almost always funny. We rarely ever have stiffs in our lobby. People who just take the game way to seriously.

38 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

Well maybe we can rally everyone on here to give this a shot. I'd very much rather play with people I can trust & more importantly have fun with.

The people I play with are always laughing & enjoying the game to its full current potential. No one gets bent out of shape over dying. Usually Jason killing us is somehow almost always funny. We rarely ever have stiffs in our lobby. People who just take the game way to seriously.

I know there are some groups already that have these type of rules in place. However PS4 users are a bit rude lol But I've met some great people on PS3 and PS4 who I've become great friends with so I do have hope PS4 users will start to be less jerks and more let's have a good fun time lol 

2 hours ago, Tattooey said:

I wanted to share an idea to see if people would get behind it. I want to start a Xbox club exclusively for the members of this forums & non members. However there will be slight differences in the type of players allowed to join.

1. First off to allow the members to network & quickly get into games with various other players.

2. Second is the difference between other clubs. This club will be by invitation only. This will allow us to only invite players that meet certain criteria.

A. No member will cheat, glitch, mod, hack, or exploit ever or they will be removed from the group & reported if caught.

B. All members are mature gamers who conduct themselves respectfully. Minor trash talk is okay but excessive raging will not be permitted.

C. Members will not rage quit from a match. The members will also conduct themselves professionally during matches.

The purpose of this club will exist to make meeting new players & good fair gamers easier. Finding good games with mature players will become inevitably much quicker & resulted in better quality of matches. I have a lot of friends who are great players & a blast to play with unfortunately they are not members of this forum but their ideas on how to play fairly are mutual with the people in this community. I'm sure as well that the members of this forum also have friends who are not so different. Almost every private match I play in everyone in session is a friend or a mutual friend. Very rarely do I deal with toxic players.

I hope that you guys understand what I'm trying to achieve & hopefully we can get a lot of us on board to kickstart this thing. Maybe PlayStation can also create the same thing. The goal is for the players who don't have anyone to play with can use the group to find well trusted gamers who will welcome them rather then teamkill. I often at times don't have many people online or most are already in full games.

This popped in my head! Solid idea, though. 

friday-the-13th-jason-lives-camp.jpg

Great topic, @Tattooey! I would enjoy being a part of a group/groups like this. 

My only concern would be the exclusion of potential new members if existing members play in isolation together. Basically I'm worried about latecomers who play fairly being left out in the wild.

Tattooey likes this

Well make it a rule, if everyone starts getting bombarded with game invites, the admins and senior members be required to open new matches and start inviting those late players to new lobbies when the current match they are playing has ended.

Wish PS4 had respectful players outside of private matches.  The public lobbies are a cesspool of toxic waste on PS4. Even the communities I am in have jackwagon players.  It's frustrating.  I guess I grew up in a different era where you were taught to show respect to others.  Obviously not the case with online gamers today.  

31 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Wish PS4 had respectful players outside of private matches.  The public lobbies are a cesspool of toxic waste on PS4. Even the communities I am in have jackwagon players.  It's frustrating.  I guess I grew up in a different era where you were taught to show respect to others.  Obviously not the case with online gamers today.  

We live in troll times. It's all about the lulz.

Maddogg_8121 likes this

34 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Haha, I play on PS4, and get some lobbies that are dumps. And it's tough sometimes as an adult to watch how some kids choose to play- peer pressure makes jerks out of kids who wouldn't have that impetus on their own. It's no joke that 2/3rds of lobbies are wasted time.

That said, I'd bet most of my friend requests are from kids half my age, who seem very happy that an adult will listen to them politely and try to help them with the game, and I encourage standards of good, team focused gameplay- and no "help" if you draw Jason. I haven't had any kids bitch out on it. Be the change you want to see, decent people are out there.

A.J. Mason and matisangry like this

21 minutes ago, SDA said:

Haha, I play on PS4, and get some lobbies that are dumps. And it's tough sometimes as an adult to watch how some kids choose to play- peer pressure makes jerks out of kids who wouldn't have that impetus on their own. It's no joke that 2/3rds of lobbies are wasted time.

That said, I'd bet most of my friend requests are from kids half my age, who seem very happy that an adult will listen to them politely and try to help them with the game, and I encourage standards of good, team focused gameplay- and no "help" if you draw Jason. I haven't had any kids bitch out on it. Be the change you want to see, decent people are out there.

Sadly enough, adults are mostly the issues I see in public lobbies.  Some kids, but mostly if you kindly explain something to them they comprehend fairly reasonably.   Adults on the other hand.....waste of time.  You'll get shit talked to, called the n word (even though I'm clearly a redneck by my accent), threatened, belittled, team killed, etc.  Needless to say....I desperately want single player. I'm not built for online matches.  Sad world we live in these days.  

Starchild likes this

7 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Great topic, @Tattooey! I would enjoy being a part of a group/groups like this. 

My only concern would be the exclusion of potential new members if existing members play in isolation together. Basically I'm worried about latecomers who play fairly being left out in the wild.

Hopefully if this works we can invite new friends however we meet them. Be it the forum or in a quickplay match.

Please anyone interested message me or reply your gamertag. I'd like all forum members to be admins. Name of club is "Crystal Lake Employment Agency"

So this club would be for Xbox? If so, I'm down. Could even create a club "chapter" on Steam once we figure out a good name and all that.

Would be really great to see a group of players who really know how to use teamwork. I play with Charmin and his crew from time to time. Really good team players and everyone uses a mic.

Yes I'll invite you both name of club on Xbox is "Crystal Lake Employment Agency"

11 hours ago, Tattooey said:

My gt is Repo Boom.

I want in on this. 

I'll be on Xbox later tonight. Let's round up a crew. I'll stream it all and we can have a good time.

Hopefully we can get this community to grow quickly.

The "Employment Agency" part might throw people off though. Might be best to have a name that implies friendly counselors or team players. Either way, I joined.

3 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I'll be on Xbox later tonight. Let's round up a crew. I'll stream it all and we can have a good time.

Hopefully we can get this community to grow quickly.

The "Employment Agency" part might throw people off though. Might be best to have a name that implies friendly counselors or team players. Either way, I joined.

Sure any name changes are welcome. This group belongs to all of us.

I'm in for this idea on Xbox. My biggest issue has been ragers.

my GT is the same as my username.

29 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

Sure any name changes are welcome. This group belongs to all of us.

I vote "The Friendly Counselors" :)

Has a funny ring to it while getting across what we're about.