jenndar111

Customize Tommy

12 posts in this topic

jenndar111 I personally don't really care about the clothes that people wear in the game, but I know that some do want customization. He did wear several different outfits in the movie, so I would think that this is a pretty reasonable request.

3 hours ago, jenndar111 said:

All of the characters except Tommy Jarvis has had custom clothes. Why not Tommy? We might not want the same old clothes.

I would love to make tommy where a cream  shirt and blue jeans 

11 hours ago, Deadlytaco88 said:

Customization would be nice, especially if you could put some perks on him.

Actually I'm pretty sure any perk you have on your main councilor also stays on Tommy

Survival likes this

While it may just be me, it is helpful to have Tommy look a specific way so that I in fact know that is Tommy. It doesn't matter a whole lot being able to easily recognize Tommy, but occasionally it does.

Being visually impaired, I tend to want easy and blatant visual cues. I recognize that those blatant and large cues might be immersion breaking for others, which is why I don't advocate for everyone to be wearing Neon Blue jumpsuits and large flashing arrows over their heads. I feel like changing Tommy's clothes would hinder me a bit though as I have to try and figure out who he is.

You should see me blundering around in the dark as Jason. Most people laugh.

On 8/12/2017 at 2:47 PM, jenndar111 said:

Actually I'm pretty sure any perk you have on your main councilor also stays on Tommy

This is true. More people need to know this.

On August 12, 2017 at 5:58 AM, Definitelynotjason said:

While it may just be me, it is helpful to have Tommy look a specific way so that I in fact know that is Tommy. It doesn't matter a whole lot being able to easily recognize Tommy, but occasionally it does.

Being visually impaired, I tend to want easy and blatant visual cues. I recognize that those blatant and large cues might be immersion breaking for others, which is why I don't advocate for everyone to be wearing Neon Blue jumpsuits and large flashing arrows over their heads. I feel like changing Tommy's clothes would hinder me a bit though as I have to try and figure out who he is.

You should see me blundering around in the dark as Jason. Most people laugh.

I agree with this. Police, firefighters and ambulance attendants are all easily recognizable and for good reason. Tommy's role is to be a "hero" so he should be easily identifiable. I'd be alright with a full skin swap but customizable clothing would take away from the ability to identify that the "hero" has arrived.

His clothing is uniquely identifiable to what he was wearing in Part VI and the character. 

The other counselors aren't unique to any movie, therefore don't need staple clothing. 

It's the same reason you can't customise Jason's clothing. It's all uniquely identifiable to the respective movie and that Jason. 

On 8/12/2017 at 7:47 AM, jenndar111 said:

There's only one perk that gets transferred over to Tommy, and it just increases damage when playing as him. Any other perk that was on the counselor that you chose doesn't carry over.