Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Definitelynotjason

Positive Interractions With Players

13 posts in this topic

Right now there is a lot of talk about trolls and griefers, so I wanted to share a story of a positive fun interraction with random people in this game.

Early last week I had played maybe 20 total games and was pretty new to the whole thing. I was killed fairly fast and came back as Tommy. As I normally do, I ran straight for the largest collection of player dots on the screen to see if I could help get Jason away from them. One of the players asked if I wanted to kill Jason. I told the player I had absolutely no idea how to accomplish the task.

This player, whose name I did not write down, walked me through the process. They guided me helpfully and with some patience. No anger, no recrimination, just help. We did get the kill, and it felt awesome for me, and I hope they felt pretty good about it too, as they helped a new player learn and have a great match!

I do hope others have positive stories to share. I know this is similar to the proudest moment thread, but for me this wasn't about pride. I did not feel proud at killing Jason, I was just kind of along for the ride and others did the work. I felt good about playing this game with others. A feeling that is sometimes ripped from us by jerkwads. So please, if you have a story about how others helped you have a good time, share it!

Every lobby I am in I try and be helpful and the best team player I can be, especially towards newer players. Got to make sure I do my part in building up the game community. 

I always try to be helpful and help people if I can. But it's hard when half the people don't talk on mic so it's one of those "Alright flicker the light if you need a hug" 

I usually have a lot of great experiences with players.  Simple conversation and being respectful goes a long way.  I have played red light, green light with a Jason before which was fun.  He was a good sport about it.  As Jason when I have a fun group, I'll make them sing I'm a little tea pot for a get out of kill free moment.  I usually help everyone I can and share what I can.  The LFG feature on Xbox and Mic Required search tag really help a lot in finding a great group.  

22 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

I have played red light, green light with a Jason before which was fun.  He was a good sport about it.   

Say what?! I haven't thought of that game in decades. Who's idea was that? I can't say i have ever gotten into that kind of carefree lobby.  Been in some homurous lobbies, but they were still to the point. 

1 minute ago, ryanmc564 said:

Say what?! I haven't thought of that game in decades. Who's idea was that? I can't say i have ever gotten into that kind of carefree lobby.  Been in some homurous lobbies, but they were still to the point. 

I was hurt and their was no way I was going to make it.  He trapped me in a cabin and it was either out the broken window and die or let him kill me.  He started to break down the door so I faced him, turned on my flashlight, and said, "Red light!".  I was joking and just trying to have fun but he stopped!  I turned it off and said, "Green light!" and he continued.  Did it like once more and then he broke the door down and killed me.  The next few games a few of us did it but once we got new people in they really didn't want to play around like that so we stopped.  Either way it was a fun time,  

3 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

I was hurt and their was no way I was going to make it.  He trapped me in a cabin and it was either out the broken window and die or let him kill me.  He started to break down the door so I faced him, turned on my flashlight, and said, "Red light!".  I was joking and just trying to have fun but he stopped!  I turned it off and said, "Green light!" and he continued.  Did it like once more and then he broke the door down and killed me.  The next few games a few of us did it but once we got new people in they really didn't want to play around like that so we stopped.  Either way it was a fun time,

That's what it's all about. B)

Most interactions have been negative. This mumble rap generation is so weird. i feel old as fuck now at 35. but at least i can say i saw these movies when they were just sperm swimming in their daddys balls LMAO

I've met quite a few cool people from quick play lobbies. haven't played with many folks from here, though. :(

i played about 12 matches with a group of dudes who, when the police were called, would get to the exit by forming a line and crouch-walking while quacking like ducks. we ended up getting away every time and I've never laughed so hard playing a video game in my life. 

I'm lvl96 and I honestly have had way more negative experiences than positive .

A recent good one was yesterday. I random my jasons. I got J7 and went through the match and annihilated 6/7 in around 10 mins. No cop call or Tommy call made it in. So as I tracked the last guy down  and he was in the larger cabin with the fire place and couches in it.

Now by lvl  96 I feel I'm fairly experienced in this game. What happened next supprised  me. This guy juked me around the living room for 9 minutes. I got him with throwing knives but he healed. I chased and shift grabbed. He would barley slip away. 

Normally as Jason, I'm the strong silent type. But I had to turn on my mic and talk to this guy.  He was being friendly but still kind of trash talking. I actually told him I was enjoying being juked as it Had not happened since release. With 20 seconds left on clock, I finally got him and toasted him in the fireplace.

He was such a good sport and I enjoyed hos commentary.  Next match we fixed 2 seater and left together in 3 mins lol. It was a very positive experience for both of us, as weird as it sounds to say being juked for 9 mins was positive lol

Most of my positive experiences in the game have been in private lobbies. But, me and my friends have been in a few public ones that were fun. One recent one was with a group that all had their mics on, including Jason. Actually, one of my really good friends was Jason. I was playing as Deborah. I spawned close to the radio and called Tommy right away, found a walkie talkie and a knife in the same house. Eventually, 5 of us had radios, and we were all working together to get the 4 seater finished. Buggzy and Adam were able to bring me the battery and the gas, and I got them installed. Unfortunately my friend (playing Jason) found me. We all have this rivalry thing where we will hawk the hell out of each other in a match, even if it means letting other counselors escape. :lol: I knifed him once, then he caught me again and stumped me, which you would think would be a bad match. But, it was just refreshing to be in a public lobby where everyone was trying to work together.

p.s. The other 4 escaped in the car. 👍  

I've had a lot of great experiences playing this game. I've found that being vocal and helpful goes a long way and usually pays pff. I've witnessed a lot of selfless acts - people waiting for others at exits, going into risky situations with the cars to pick up others, healing, etc...and it far outweighs any outright trolling, at least on PC.

Really the worst you get on PC is players who just don't get anything done and everyone dies.

I think I get attacked by other Counselors maybe once a week, tops, and it usually doesn't result in my death. I lock myself in a room or hit them back, and I juke better than them. This week some guy called me pay2win for having Savini, hit me twice right off the start, then cried when I killed him. His friend was Tommy and he then killed me...Basically the worst of it. I killed him again the next round because I'm an asshole like that. But he might have learned something.