Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alien_Number_Six

Ban Solid_Snake7

8 posts in this topic

I know that this post may face a lock but when a player is openly and publicly griefing other players and encouraging other players to do the same why isn't he banned yet? He has effectively changed the way the game is played with his antics and nothing is being done? Seriously Gun this is a matter that is actively destroying your games community. This situation is completely out of hand. I know there is a no shaming rule here but I don't feel it applies to Solid_Snake7 because he openly admits to griefing the hell out of everyone playing the game. 

I am not a huge fan of banning a single player for a group activity.

This person is a spokesperson not even an appointed one for that matter, of a much larger group. You cannot ban one and not all.

While this person's behaviour is reprehensible, they have technically not broken any rules as far as we know, based on the article and the reddit post. Perhaps he has done something banable, we do not know. At this point he would be banned because he exercised his opinion. While I disagree with his opinion, I am not sure him voicing an opinion is fair game for banning.

Having said that, his actions come dangerously close to incitement to act, which is a grey area in free speech. But, his incitement is not to break any rules, just incitement to be a dick, so even then I am not sure a ban is warrented.

Or, for the angry faced version of what I said, look below.

Know what's prohibited under the game's TOS/EULA? Specific actions, none of which you've alleged here.

Know what's not prohibited under the game's TOS/EULA? Squishy, meaningless words like "griefing."

Know what depriving someone of access to a game they paid you for, without a basis recognized by the TOS/EULA, is called? Breach of contract.

This guy's a dick. So is a Vanessa who insists on trying to do repair mini-games for the XP, but winds up getting everyone in the area killed, or a Bugzy who insists on jogging circles around an AJ with his flashlight going full-on disco ball. None of them are bannable offenses - get over yourself.

22 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I know that this post may face a lock but when a player is openly and publicly griefing other players and encouraging other players to do the same why isn't he banned yet? He has effectively changed the way the game is played with his antics and nothing is being done? Seriously Gun this is a matter that is actively destroying your games community. This situation is completely out of hand. I know there is a no shaming rule here but I don't feel it applies to Solid_Snake7 because he openly admits to griefing the hell out of everyone playing the game. 

I understand what you're saying man, but it looks like he is being careful not to break the TOS of the game. Is he an asshole? Yes, Does he deserve to be called out? Of course, but I don't know how the mods will feel about it being on this forum. They are pretty strict about that. Just realize, he is one player with a small group of Twitch followers and a big mouth on Facebook and Reddit. My advice is to just let it go, and quit a lobby if you see that he is in it. Or better yet, join in the game and kick his ass before friendly fire goes away. Or record him doing something that is bannable.

Don't sweat this one douchebag man, it's not worth it.

Definitelynotjason likes this

2 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

That's how I feel and I stand by it. 

Well, as long as you feel it, that's all that matters.

/sarc

Chill. And unfortunately man this thread will get locked or deleted as it's name/Shame which is against forum rules.

I will be locking this thread. We do not do any form of public shaming on the forums. If you find something that is a violation of the rules than please use the appropriate reporting channels.