Ghostboy20

Watch out for this new trick everyone

68 posts in this topic

Just now, Crooked Wookie said:

Sure, and my point is this isn't a new way, it's an old way that's maybe, possibly, slightly more likely to be seen now, but still is so random as to be a pretty lousy way to troll.

No, it's not a new mechanic. It's also not very reliable. Trust me, they will come up with better stuff. I think the assholes, trolls, griefers...whatever you want to call them are just brainstorming now so that they can be ready when their favorite method of assholishness it taken from them.

14 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Team killing isn't bannable 

That may be true but this player is openly griefing the hell out of everyone and openly admits it. It's not even an issue of shaming because this person has no shame. It's time to deal with him.

Dr B DDS likes this

Just now, Rexfellis said:

No, it's not a new mechanic. It's also not very reliable. Trust me, they will come up with better stuff. I think the assholes, trolls, griefers...whatever you want to call them are just brainstorming now so that they can be ready when their favorite method of assholishness it taken from them.

I agree with this 100%.  I don't think it's ever been MUCH of a danger.  But I think it's silly to characterize it as a NEW danger when there were zero changes to how the traps work or where they can be placed, that's all.

3 minutes ago, Crooked Wookie said:

I agree with this 100%.  I don't think it's ever been MUCH of a danger.  But I think it's silly to characterize it as a NEW danger when there were zero changes to how the traps work or where they can be placed, that's all.

I think you and @Ghostboy20 actually agree on this matter, it is just the wording being used that is causing the confusion.  I don't believe he is saying that it is a new mechanic or that it couldn't have been used before. But, considering the randomness of it, the trolls never bothered with it in the past. But now, they are just trying to think of new ways to troll.

Crooked Wookie likes this

2 minutes ago, Crooked Wookie said:

How did it not hold danger before?   Explain that to me.  Traps have ALWAYS been friendly-fire enabled.

It never held danger because there was no point in having a bear trap at the window. Yes bear traps are a danger to everyone but they are normally placed at the door. So this is a new danger to players who are climbing through windows and oh look a bear trap I didn't see I stepped in. You had somewhat of an issue with this when you walked through a door that wasn't locked but that wasn't bad since it's rare. this is more of an asshole move by players if they put them by windows. Yes bear traps have always been the same since the game came out but this is a new way trolls will use it to annoy and piss players off. Trolls are gonna now use things like this holding onto items and or hiding items (Which have happened many times to me because I have to search the woods to find the gas) it's another form of trolling to tick players off once team killing is gone. 

Just now, Alien_Number_Six said:

That may be true but this player is openly griefing the hell out of everyone and openly admits it. It's not even an issue of shaming because this person has no shame. It's time to deal with him.

Because he might have other accounts. That could explain why. 

2 minutes ago, Deadlytaco88 said:

Wow, nothing surprises me anymore. What will trolls think of next I wonder.

Try not to think about it. It will only cause ulcers, and give you heartburn and gas. And nobody needs that hassle in their lives. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

I think you and @Ghostboy20 actually agree on this matter, it is just the wording being used that is causing the confusion.  I don't believe he is saying that it is a new mechanic or that it couldn't have been used before. But, considering the randomness of it, the trolls never bothered with it in the past. But now, they are just trying to think of new ways to troll.

Could be, he just seems to think it's more dangerous than I do.  I'm sure someone, somewhere had already tried this trick.  And I have no doubt that some people will probably play with it once the team-killing 'fix' goes live, but I don't think it'll ever become much of a real danger or something anybody does for very long, simply because the odds of it actually hitting anybody, let alone killing them, are so remote.

Again, I would just point out, this has always been a theoretical method by which you could team kill.  I would also argue if you wanted to do it even REMOTELY effectively you'd skip windows altogether and place them just inside unlocked doors - people will assume a cabin hasn't been checked yet and run right in, and it makes it a "one in however many cabins, and you can narrow down some very tempting cabins" chance, versus a "one in however many total WINDOWS in the game" chance.  But even then, it's a longshot to troll and unless you hang around watching, or the person happens to have already been wounded AND not have thick skin, you're never even going to know if it worked or not (because unless it kills them you won't get the betrayal notification).

2 minutes ago, Crooked Wookie said:

Could be, he just seems to think it's more dangerous than I do.  I'm sure someone, somewhere had already tried this trick.  And I have no doubt that some people will probably play with it once the team-killing 'fix' goes live, but I don't think it'll ever become much of a real danger or something anybody does for very long, simply because the odds of it actually hitting anybody, let alone killing them, are so remote.

Again, I would just point out, this has always been a theoretical method by which you could team kill.  I would also argue if you wanted to do it even REMOTELY effectively you'd skip windows altogether and place them just inside unlocked doors - people will assume a cabin hasn't been checked yet and run right in, and it makes it a "one in however many cabins, and you can narrow down some very tempting cabins" chance, versus a "one in however many total WINDOWS in the game" chance.  But even then, it's a longshot to troll and unless you hang around watching, or the person happens to have already been wounded AND not have thick skin, you're never even going to know if it worked or not (because unless it kills them you won't get the betrayal notification).

I do agree with you on this however one word "Kids" They will do whatever they see and that's the real issue with this.

It's just something people need to look out for because now traps could be at your windows. Tho my real issue is with the car. Why can't people when they get hit just roll across the hood and slam to the ground and be injured and if you back up they just fly over it lol the car can only fling you and can't die. 

30 minutes ago, K3ys3r S0z3 said:

This isnt really new. People use to do this all the time. Worse was when they put them behind unlocked doors. 

Well it's new to me because it wasn't an issue because why use a bear trap to kill someone when you can hit or shoot them? It's gonna be crazy once team killing is taken away and people do things like this or using the car to run people over. 

4 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Well it's new to me because it wasn't an issue because why use a bear trap to kill someone when you can hit or shoot them? It's gonna be crazy once team killing is taken away and people do things like this or using the car to run people over.

Looks like I won't be hitchhiking anymore...

37 minutes ago, K3ys3r S0z3 said:

This isnt really new. People use to do this all the time. Worse was when they put them behind unlocked doors.

I was never a fan of that...

1 hour ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Because he might have other accounts. That could explain why.

I'd count on that being true.

I have had that happen to me, but its been at least over month since it has happen.  I think i jumped thru the window and got snagged when i got up.

1 hour ago, K3ys3r S0z3 said:

I ran into exactly that earlier today. Hard enough to watch for Jason traps now these morons I play with are doing it too

I can confirm this is actually a thing. I may have shot the guy in the face that did it. I have never team killed before that moment, but it was satisfying. I apologize. 

I've seen this a few times already. idiots. 

also... i wanna say the guy who posted this is on xbox. pretty sure i read that somewhere. 

8 hours ago, Crooked Wookie said:

That picture doesn't even make sense.  If the trap went off and killed him, why is it still open and set?  Is he claiming he placed it, killed someone, ran over, reset the trap, then backed up and only then took the screenshot?  I think it's bogus.  And while I have grave concerns about the 'lets make the trolls invincible' fix to team-killing causing way more problems than it fixes, the one purported here doesn't even make my top ten list.

Teamkilling someone using this method requires so many steps as to be ridiculous.
1.  You have to find a trap
2.  You have to set the trap inside of a window 
3.  You have to hope someone eventually goes through that specific window
4.  You have to hope that someone is already wounded so that the trap will kill them
5.  You have to hope they don't have Thick Skin, as even the new version will likely prevent the trap from killing you from the wounded state

I think the picture is staged and trolls with bear traps are about the least troublesome method of griefing you they could come up with.

I agree with this guy. Although it is a thing, I believe this picture to be staged. I know we can't see his right leg, but isn't the left one the one that gets blood on it if you hit  a trap?

I think door blockers are going to be the new " in" griefing method once TK is removed.

I posted the following in the other thread but it's relevant here too until this thread is merged or locked:

This is actually pretty funny to me. I'm not bothered or worried about this.

• Traps give an audio cue while being placed in your vicinity
  • With the prevalence of thick-skinned and med spray perks, it's at best a minor annoyance for most
  • There's an abundance of med spray in-game
  • The troll can't continue to attack you or prevent you from using your med spray
  • A bear trap isn't a guaranteed kill, like the shotgun was
  • The troll has no perk to assist in his team killing anymore whereas starting with a baseball bat was to the troll's benefit
  • There's a perk to escape bear/Jason traps quicker
  • There's no benefit to using Bugzy for teamkilling at all anymore
  • Traps can be disarmed if someone comes across one at a window and replaced

I could go on. There's so much working against this teamkilling strategy that it's laughable and pathetic. :)

This troll in particular experienced 15 seconds of some pretty low grade "eFame" and is obviously desperate for it to continue. Unfortunately for him- it's over. He will have better luck in another game as he's soon to find out how ineffective he is as a troll without friendly fire.

9 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

As a PS4 Player. I'm triggered! Kidding yeah I've notices but it's normally the micless players that team kill. 

5941a8905a999_Mybunsareniceandtoasty_a400648c3296e755cd539e8dd93129d3.jpg.4f08f0c185bcc9098553092166f95444.jpg

WTF LOL

8 hours ago, Crooked Wookie said:

That picture doesn't even make sense.  If the trap went off and killed him, why is it still open and set?  Is he claiming he placed it, killed someone, ran over, reset the trap, then backed up and only then took the screenshot?  I think it's bogus.  And while I have grave concerns about the 'lets make the trolls invincible' fix to team-killing causing way more problems than it fixes, the one purported here doesn't even make my top ten list.

Teamkilling someone using this method requires so many steps as to be ridiculous.
1.  You have to find a trap
2.  You have to set the trap inside of a window 
3.  You have to hope someone eventually goes through that specific window
4.  You have to hope that someone is already wounded so that the trap will kill them
5.  You have to hope they don't have Thick Skin, as even the new version will likely prevent the trap from killing you from the wounded state

I think the picture is staged and trolls with bear traps are about the least troublesome method of griefing you they could come up with.

A YouTuber did it here is the video :

The rest of the video is WTF

10 minutes ago, Moe9999633 said:

A YouTuber did it here is the video :

The rest of the video is WTF

That video was garbage, but the intro music is so chad like lol

4 hours ago, Ethan said:

That video was garbage, but the intro music is so chad like lol

Yeah. The music with the door slamming, and the first A.J. trap with the way he laughs while running away had me laughing. Kenny caught a good one, too. That video should have been titled: Chad 101: A Visual Guide to Dickery. Pretty stupid overall.