PlayerAgainstTheMachine

How the game is going

How the game is going on?   68 members have voted

1. 1. How the game is going on?

• Good
    • Meh
    • Bad

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

45 posts in this topic

I think good.  It does have its issues but they are slowly getting there.  I love the game so I am biased.  I rarely run into issues most people as well since I use the LFG feature on Xbox.  Host leaving and team killing is pretty much non existent there since everyone is there for the same thing, to play the game and have fun.  

I think it's going fine. But like Corkenstein, I love the movies, the game, and just the lore in general. I've waited 28 years for this game to happen since the atrocity that was the 89 NES game. I can handle a few bugs and glitches. Especially because I know that the Devs respect this series as much as I do. I honestly don't mind the problems the game is having as much as some seem to.

Definitelynotjason likes this

I'd say very well. I'm on Steam with this and haven't encountered a hell of a lot of assholes. And the ones I do encounter get blocked so I don't even have to worry about being in another match with them. I'm still having a lot of fun with this game (especially with friends) and I, like many others, am anxiously awaiting what comes next.

32 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

I think it's going fine. But like Corkenstein, I love the movies, the game, and just the lore in general. I've waited 28 years for this game to happen since the atrocity that was the 89 NES game. I can handle a few bugs and glitches. Especially because I know that the Devs respect this series as much as I do. I honestly don't mind the problems the game is having as much as some seem to.

Yeah that NES game was awful xD

2 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Yeah that NES game was awful xD

Yeah, it really was. I fought through it and beat it. But, I can't tell you how many times I threw my controller across the room because that game was pissing me off! :lol:

31 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

Yeah, it really was. I fought through it and beat it. But, I can't tell you how many times I threw my controller across the room because that game was pissing me off! :lol:

Never did beat that game myself.  I never was able to find Jason's hideout in the caves.-_-

35 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

Never did beat that game myself.  I never was able to find Jason's hideout in the caves.-_-

Nintendo Power and a few friends helped me with that. You couldn't just look up a walkthrough on google back in the day. It took me about a year to beat it. Of course I was playing tons of other NES games at the time, and the Super Nintendo came out in that time frame and I was hooked on Super Mario World for a while.

Although I'm rather late to the party (have only been playing for a few weeks and infrequently at that) I have already gotten my money's worth out of it. Sure, it has its issues with hosts quitting and people cheating or trolling, but I've had quite a few laughs playing with friends and other people on mics. There's room for improvement of course, but I like the game a lot.

All things considered, I'd say good. Not great. But good. Some bumps in the road, a lot of complaining for the usual types...But for how long the game has been out and the issues that have arisen, they've done a good job of it.

Hopefully they manage to step it up to a new level as the year closes out.

20 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

All things considered, I'd say good. Not great. But good. Some bumps in the road, a lot of complaining for the usual types...But for how long the game has been out and the issues that have arisen, they've done a good job of it.

Hopefully they manage to step it up to a new level as the year closes out.

I think they will. People give Gun/Illfonic a lot of shit but I think they do legitimately work as hard as they can to try to better this game as much as they can. And with the game being a bigger success than anyone anticipated, I believe they'll have the perfect platform to step up to that next level and make this game even better than it is now.

31 minutes ago, Emperiex said:

I think they will. People give Gun/Illfonic a lot of shit but I think they do legitimately work as hard as they can to try to better this game as much as they can. And with the game being a bigger success than anyone anticipated, I believe they'll have the perfect platform to step up to that next level and make this game even better than it is now.

Oh I know it...I'm always in contact with Randy and from time to time, Wes. Back when things were rocky at launch, I sent Randy a "hope you and the team are doing ok" message. Then he told me people were working 16-hour days, literally sleeping at their desks...etc.

That's crazy when you think about it. If that was required of us for most of our jobs, we'd quit in an instant.

It's easy to sit here and think these games are easy to make and made by robots...These guys are human and are doing their best. They got over a major hurdle a couple weeks ago. Now they can move forward. But that requires a month or so of work, then release, etc. Patience will be rewarded.

If this game wasn't Friday the 13th I would of given up a while ago. But as Jasons one of my child hood heroes, I'm in it til the end, through thick and thin. Been waiting for this game for over 20 odd years. 

thatdudescott likes this

53 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Oh I know it...I'm always in contact with Randy and from time to time, Wes. Back when things were rocky at launch, I sent Randy a "hope you and the team are doing ok" message. Then he told me people were working 16-hour days, literally sleeping at their desks...etc.

That's crazy when you think about it. If that was required of us for most of our jobs, we'd quit in an instant.

It's easy to sit here and think these games are easy to make and made by robots...These guys are human and are doing their best. They got over a major hurdle a couple weeks ago. Now they can move forward. But that requires a month or so of work, then release, etc. Patience will be rewarded.

Really? Wow that's pretty much

It needs host migration yesterday. The longer we go the more I think they have no intention of adding it. Also I dont agree with the next update coming soon so its down to a meh at the moment for me. 

3 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

I defeated Jason after many hours of play. Definitely one of the more difficult games in the NES library.

2 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I defeated Jason after many hours of play. Definitely one of the more difficult games in the NES library.

From what i remember, platoon was pretty hard too. 

I voted meh mainly cause i havent been on in weeks and dont know how the game is now. Did spend tons of hours in first 2 weeks of launch playing and had plenty of fun when in groups of people that actually use their mics

11 minutes ago, Davidt said:

I voted meh mainly cause i havent been on in weeks and dont know how the game is now. Did spend tons of hours in first 2 weeks of launch playing and had plenty of fun when in groups of people that actually use their mics

Then what the hell are you doing here? Go and play it, it really changed for better, we can't say the match system is the best now but is better than launch day.

On 8/11/2017 at 8:05 PM, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

And one of the most crappy xD

I thought it was pretty good. At the time trial and error was the best way to learn to win and I got quite a bit of playtime out of the game.