Krystal

Making out feature! Two Counselors can kiss each other with passion

43 posts in this topic

it would be so revolutionary, innovative and amazing for the horror genre! Unscripted and natural!   Plus fitting for the Friday the 13th lore and genre! 

Since I read that the game is getting emotes, I'm thinking the developers could add a mechanic/system where two counselors can interact with each other to initiate a making out session!  So of course that involves holding and kissing animations! but it can really look great and within the mature rating guidelines!!  this isn't something only The Sims has.  kissing is universal!  it would also test the developers skills in animations and model interaction.  I'm sure they can make it look great!

now gameplay incentives?  Well it's actually human and respectful to kiss each other passionately, so it could have benefits like regenerating both players stamina faster, a bit of health regen to both, and the counterbalance would be they both would be vulnerable in getting grabbed/damaged.   The plus side is that making out makes no noise, so it's possible to take advantage of it during stealth situations.  It can also be a strategic last resort!

Now how it would function and steps to engage in kissing? 

well ok

1. both counselors have to be standing and facing each other, no large item nor weapon equipped. 

2. press and hold the interact button, and press aim button, that enables ready stance, if both players are in ready stance and in range, they automatically begin holding and kissing each other!

3. to disengage from making out, one or both players can press interact and they will stop holding and kissing each other, and can move and do any action immediately afterwards.

4. during the duration of the kissing session stamina drains but health regens slowly.  Devs can balance it out, so it is beneficial, but not OP, and at the sametime, not such a disadvantage that it discourages everyone from using it. so it would have strategic and valuable benefits.

So you see, this sort of thing would make Friday the 13th even more awesome and appealing to more people  :)  and more true to the source material. 

11 hours ago, Krystal said:

it would be so revolutionary, innovative and amazing for the horror genre! Unscripted and natural!   Plus fitting for the Friday the 13th lore and genre! 

Since I read that the game is getting emotes, I'm thinking the developers could add a mechanic/system where two counselors can interact with each other to initiate a making out session!  So of course that involves holding and kissing animations! but it can really look great and within the mature rating guidelines!!  this isn't something only The Sims has.  kissing is universal!  it would also test the developers skills in animations and model interaction.  I'm sure they can make it look great!

now gameplay incentives?  Well it's actually human and respectful to kiss each other passionately, so it could have benefits like regenerating both players stamina faster, a bit of health regen to both, and the counterbalance would be they both would be vulnerable in getting grabbed/damaged.   The plus side is that making out makes no noise, so it's possible to take advantage of it during stealth situations.  It can also be a strategic last resort!

well ok

1. both counselors have to be standing and facing each other, no large item nor weapon equipped. 

2. press and hold the interact button, and press aim button, that enables ready stance, if both players are in ready stance and in range, they automatically begin holding and kissing each other!

3. to disengage from making out, one or both players can press interact and they will stop holding and kissing each other, and can move and do any action immediately afterwards.

4. during the duration of the kissing session stamina drains but health regens slowly.  Devs can balance it out, so it is beneficial, but not OP, and at the sametime, not such a disadvantage that it discourages everyone from using it. so it would have strategic and valuable benefits.

So you see, this sort of thing would make Friday the 13th even more awesome and appealing to more people  :)  and more true to the source material. 

That's a pretty good idea 

19 minutes ago, Daminus said:

Maybe it could charge up his Rage Mode faster?

That should only be if Jason  witness'a it happening 

One of the first things I thought of when I first saw the beta was "are the counselors gong to be able to have sex with each other"? :P

3 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

One of the first things I thought of when I first saw the beta was "are the counselors gong to be able to have sex with each other"? :P

seriously? this is what you want in this game? 

DialM likes this

On 8/11/2017 at 6:59 PM, Krystal said:

well ok

No... just no...

Go play Sims if you want intimate interaction lol, and since most people that play female characters are dudes, this would just be weird. Lets stick to getting killed or escaping.

Camp_Blood_Killer likes this

Because it's in all the movies, I want to kill the counselors while they are screwing like Jason does.

3 hours ago, Camp_Blood_Killer said:

seriously? this is what you want in this game? 

Maybe half serious. It would make for an interesting dynamic and would fit that aspect of the movies.

My vote is no. Because...well...no! I think it would detract from the purpose of the game. We are here to kill counselors as Jason and escape or kill Jason as counselors. End of story. This is a horror game, not a relationship simulator. And while it is shown in the movies for characters to hook up, I really don't think it is a game mechanic that is needed. I just don't see how it could benefit the game at all. Some people may like the idea, and that is perfectly fine. I don't.

1 hour ago, jenndar111 said:

Why would they makeout when they know a killer is on the loose in the camp?!?

That's my only thing with this. I could see hugging for support or comfort but the multiplayer really simulates the last 3rd of the movies where people know Jason is after them. This really changes what priorities are for the people involved. The only other way I could see this working is for AI to be doing it in single player, if there's a scenario where they don't know Jason is there yet. That's about it. By the way, it would have to be done in a tasteful and smart way. Don't want people getting their jollies off to it.

@Krystal No offense, this is a terrible idea.

Imagine the articles: "Now you can sexually harrass other players in Friday the 13th: The Game!" or "How I was digitally raped in a video game".

The current social climate isn't mature enough to handle something like this, nor is the majority of the current playerbase. This would just open a pandora's box of problems.

Outside of that, I still think it would be a useless and creepy game mechanic that I would have no interest in. I don't see it ever happening and we're all better for it.

30 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

@Krystal No offense, this is a terrible idea.

Imagine the articles: "Now you can sexually harrass other players in Friday the 13th: The Game!" or "How I was digitally raped in a video game".

The current social climate isn't mature enough to handle something like this, nor is the majority of the current playerbase. This would just open a pandora's box of problems.

Outside of that, I still think it would be a useless and creepy game mechanic that I would have no interest in. I don't see it ever happening and we're all better for it.

👆 This.

Camp_Blood_Killer likes this

Ooh Ooh, maybe counselors could sit on the sofa together in front of the fireplace and rub each other's thighs. They could make a new excitement stat, and once it reaches its maximum, it pops all over the screen.