rizistr

Did Gun just confirm Roy will be added?

139 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Definitelynotjason said:

I knew someone was going to say that. Part 4 is waking up from being hung and having an axe nearly cut his head in half. 

4's beat up by a girls included his hand nearly chopped off a hammer and other heavy objects before being impaled face first on a machete. 

Roy got a single hit with a broken shovel. Everything else he avoided. Oh and the pen knife to the knee. Two days earlier part 4 took a real knife to the knee. 

Look, I like Roy and want him in the game, but a BEAST! He is not. 

Dude was sneaky and had some cool kills. Make a sneaky Roy. 

That is some serious hyperbole. The axe was buried 1 to 2 inches in Jason's head, and that's including the mask. Jason's hand in part IV was split, not nearly chopped off. Roy actually did get his hand chopped off. Roy was stabbed closer to the groin, possibly his femoral artery. Roy also took a hit from a chainsaw to his arm, and most importantly a flying Reggie the Reckless.

Roy may have seemed like a normal human, but he showed all the characteristics of being the real Jason. Most importantly, Roy morphed from the house to his ambulance. It's a scene that people keep either forgetting or ignoring.

49 minutes ago, Ultimusone01 said:

That is some serious hyperbole...

Roy actually did get his hand chopped off.

Hmmmm.

2 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

Pet theory - there are so many more people playing videogames today then before. There are some personality types that would never normally play videogames, but are into them now because it's such a big thing and friends brought them in or whatever. There;s also the rise of online multiplayer in general, letting people play with others online. And then there's also the rise of competitive online multiplayer.

Mix all that up and you'll get friction. Moreover, even if it's just the same percentage of jerks and asshats around as in, say, ten or fifteen years ago, with so many more people playing and some of them in a very specific everything-for-me attitude, then you get more keyboard warriors like that. Then that gets reflected in social media and so on as well, more people, more interaction, means more attention seekers and idiots.

Almost all my interactions with other players F13th: The Game have been good, perhaps because I'm very choosy picking out groups (adults only, mic mandatory, new players welcome kind of groups tend to work very well) or play with friends. It means the amount of games I play is fairly small, but then I'm on limited time for games anyway, and the quality tends to be good.

As for the topic here, I'm doubtful about Roy despite the blue only because I figure there are other Jason types that would be more popular to play than him. Uber Jason was the poll runner-up, although I accept he'll take a bit more tinkering than the others, but failing that I'd think Jason 4 would slot in nicely.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I'm guessing it's a single player tease.

Agree.

Dont get me wrong I want Roy. I want him bad almost as bad as final chapter Jason. He literally was Jason for all intents and purposes until he wasn't. After the reveal he was just Roy Burns again. He did and acted in the same ways as Jason. Who knows maybe he was channeling Jason by donning the hockey mask and was granted his super human powers. Maybe why Jason appeared to Tommy in the hospital room in the state he was in when Tommy killed him, and the other hallucinations were lead ups, precursors, or harbingers of what was to come. Jason essence being passed from Roy to Tommy at the end. Possibly using the mask as a conduit or anchor.

2 hours ago, RKSDooM said:

Hmmmm.

LOL, I promise you, I'm not crazy...at least, I don't think so.

As Roy is holding onto the barn, and trying to drag Reggie along with him, Tommy chops off Roy's right hand with the machete. They show it flop on the barn floor oozing blood, but we don't see the cut itself. Roy then falls with what appears to be a bloody stump, although you can tell he has a hand in a few split second frames. I attribute that to the stuntman needing to hold onto the barn with both hands. When Roy hits the spikes you can't see his right hand, although it is fast, and a close up shot. Finally when we are shown the above view we see that Roy's right hand has either a long sleeve with the hand missing, or it's tucked under his leg, and the left hand is clearly visible. A simple trick to cover up the missing hand.

RKSDooM likes this

17 hours ago, Emperiex said:

I'm totally fine with Roy being put in the game but I get what you mean. I'd much rather play as Pamela first.

That's pretty much what I am for. Get all the jasons and pamela, THEN we could do stuff like the remake jason and Roy.

2 hours ago, Ultimusone01 said:

That is some serious hyperbole. The axe was buried 1 to 2 inches in Jason's head, and that's including the mask. Jason's hand in part IV was split, not nearly chopped off. Roy actually did get his hand chopped off. Roy was stabbed closer to the groin, possibly his femoral artery. Roy also took a hit from a chainsaw to his arm, and most importantly a flying Reggie the Reckless.

Roy may have seemed like a normal human, but he showed all the characteristics of being the real Jason. Most importantly, Roy morphed from the house to his ambulance. It's a scene that people keep either forgetting or ignoring.

Thank you for the support!

Did everyone forget that Roy also got hit with a fucking bulldozer??!!! Roy WAS Jason. He had the strength. He busted through doors like Jason. He took the punishment. He "morphed". There's no reason Roy wouldn't work. Except for the way he would be killed in the game. The sweater couldn't work. Would have to use something attached to his son. And Pamela can't be talking to him. 

Ive been thinking about what this blue dot means and I've come to the conclusion that whatever it is, i would rather have host migration first. There could be 20 Jasons, 30 counsellors and 15 maps. But that dont mean jack shit if you can't complete a game due to quitters. 

Edit: I think it means Mr Burns too.

RAGNAR0K N ROLL likes this

Why so much controversy over Male!Pamela possibly being added into the game?

...But seriously Roy took as much punishment as any other Jason and dished it out too. Roy crushed a dude's head on a tree with just a belt and survived being hit by a tractor. He was played as Jason until he was demasked. Jason didn't blatantly "morph" until Part 8 but all the other Jasons have that ability too so why can't Roy have those same abilities? He morphed, stalked, and shifted in A New Beginning just like any other Jason.

I would love for it to be Roy because whether you liked Part 5 or not, it is a part of the series and it should be acknowledged. But it is interesting how the developers said that Pamela would be hard to implement due to the way the map system is made yet they're releasing smaller versions of the current maps....hmm.

bewareofbears and dandop1984 like this

40 minutes ago, LadySansaLannister said:

Why so much controversy over Male!Pamela possibly being added into the game?

...But seriously Roy took as much punishment as any other Jason and dished it out too. Roy crushed a dude's head on a tree with just a belt and survived being hit by a tractor. He was played as Jason until he was demasked. Jason didn't blatantly "morph" until Part 8 but all the other Jasons have that ability too so why can't Roy have those same abilities? He morphed, stalked, and shifted in A New Beginning just like any other Jason.

I would love for it to be Roy because whether you liked Part 5 or not, it is a part of the series and it should be acknowledged. But it is interesting how the developers said that Pamela would be hard to implement due to the way the map system is made yet they're releasing smaller versions of the current maps....hmm.

He also "Raged" through doors like any other Jason. 

14 hours ago, TWarner said:

If it is Roy then he should be easy to kill..He's Human !  ..Dammit I want Part 4 !

Dammit me too!

With a claw hammer or butcher knife...

Hi everyone !

First i'm new on this forum and really happy that we can finally register again, that was boring to just read what people say without be able to actually react !

And now for this topic, i'm agree with i don't remember who saying that Pamela could be the character behind this.. weird post. Blue thing, 8 for the 8th Jason, and again, what the purpose to make new format for the map ?

(sorry if my english is not perfect i'm french i do my best)

10 hours ago, Ultimusone01 said:

LOL, I promise you, I'm not crazy...at least, I don't think so.

As Roy is holding onto the barn, and trying to drag Reggie along with him, Tommy chops off Roy's right hand with the machete. They show it flop on the barn floor oozing blood, but we don't see the cut itself. Roy then falls with what appears to be a bloody stump, although you can tell he has a hand in a few split second frames. I attribute that to the stuntman needing to hold onto the barn with both hands. When Roy hits the spikes you can't see his right hand, although it is fast, and a close up shot. Finally when we are shown the above view we see that Roy's right hand has either a long sleeve with the hand missing, or it's tucked under his leg, and the left hand is clearly visible. A simple trick to cover up the missing hand.

Well, you've certainly peaked my curiosity. I'll give it a looksee a little later and see if I agree :).