rizistr

Did Gun just confirm Roy will be added?

139 posts in this topic

I tried counting the dots ignoring the blue one to see if it resembles a movie, but there are 8 dots, and that Jason is already in the game.

Maybe its story mode chapters, episodes, movies, missions, and the blue one is a boss. (Not very sure though, since the blue one doesn't make sense)

9 minutes ago, TWarner said:

If it is Roy then he should be easy to kill..He's Human !  ..Dammit I want Part 4 !

So is Jason? He shouldn't be easier to kill- the man took a tractor and kept going. I want Part 4 also.

5 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

You missed the point, the same system used for Roy is what would make Pamela possible *facepalm*

Roy, whenever implimented, will be another "Jason". There's no special system required for him.

3 hours ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Why would Roy react to Jason's Mom's sweater? Do you think it smells that bad?

He likely wouldn't in-game. And yes, it does.

1 hour ago, TheReaper666 said:

JGTH body swap confirmed. Jason kills a counselor and decides if he wants to use their body, tricks other counselors into thinking hes a friend then kills them.

Dots confirm nothing. Taper thy confirmations. ;)

3 hours ago, Ultimusone01 said:

They wouldn't have to change much to add Roy. He was Jason until it was revealed that he wasn't. If you never got to see what was under the mask you would think it was Jason.

All they would have to do is remove Pamela's voice and start Roy on one of the open roads instead of Jason's cabin. I think it would be hilarious if Pamela's sweater did nothing to Roy at all. I would love to see the look on the player's face that tried to use the sweater and nothing happened until Roy choked the life out of them. That's what they would get for not watching the movies.

I'm not going to get my hopes up though. Who the hell knows what 7 black dots and 1 blue dot means. Fun to speculate though.

I agree with all of this.

2 hours ago, ThePainkiller said:

Everyone bitchin about Roy will change when hes one of the best. "OMG Roy rules! Awesome DLC"

I don't doubt it- Roy's a beast. :) For whatever reason, it seems most of the people playing the game haven't seen more than a couple of the films, if any at all.

3 minutes ago, TWarner said:

If it is Roy then he should be easy to kill..He's Human !  ..Dammit I want Part 4 !

In what way was I easy to kill?

18 minutes ago, Roy Burns said:

What I'm saying is if he is hit with a machete that it should be more damage to him because he is human.

2 minutes ago, TWarner said:

What I'm saying is if he is hit with a machete that it should be more damage to him because he is human.

Jason was at first...then became superhuman or something

7 minutes ago, TWarner said:

But... how many machete/axe/etc hits does it take to kill a counselor?

Focusing on Roy's death is nonsensical to me. It would be like people saying Part 4 should be the weakest because he's the only living Jason to actually be killed.

Roy died, so did Jason. 

36 minutes ago, Roy Burns said:

You got beat up by a girl, run over bny a llittle boy going 5 miles an hour and pushed out a window.

Guy takes one slow moving tractor and a hit with the handle of a shovel and he thinks he's all that, sheesh.

4 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

You got beat up by a girl, run over bny a llittle boy going 5 miles an hour and pushed out a window.

Guy takes one slow moving tractor and a hit with the handle of a shovel and he thinks he's all that, sheesh.

Didn't Part 4 get beaten up by a gal and killed by a little boy?

You underestimate Roy- and women and children. ;)

dandop1984 and lHeartBreakerl like this

15 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Didn't Part 4 get beaten up by a gal and killed by a little boy?

You underestimate Roy- and women and children. ;)

I knew someone was going to say that. Part 4 is waking up from being hung and having an axe nearly cut his head in half. 

4's beat up by a girls included his hand nearly chopped off a hammer and other heavy objects before being impaled face first on a machete. 

Roy got a single hit with a broken shovel. Everything else he avoided. Oh and the pen knife to the knee. Two days earlier part 4 took a real knife to the knee. 

Look, I like Roy and want him in the game, but a BEAST! He is not. 

Dude was sneaky and had some cool kills. Make a sneaky Roy. 

5 hours ago, RustInPeace said:

I could live with the fact that it would be weird stopping Roy with the sweater.  Without a complete reworking of mechanics or creating a new stun/kill condition, it wouldn't be earth-shattering to see happen, just strange.

He will be Imune sweater ( new skill) , like he not begin on the Jason cabin.

2 hours ago, Roy Burns said:

You weren't... Just a matter of haterz gonna hate. They have no clue of how much of a beast you were...

2 minutes ago, tjohnnyblue said:

You weren't... Just a matter of haterz gonna hate. They have no clue of how much of a beast you were...

This speculation inspired me to rent part 5 again. And I can confirm that he is indeed a beast.

TheReaper666 and tjohnnyblue like this

1 hour ago, Definitelynotjason said:

But, this is NOT sneaky, and is BEASTLY... Sneaky=pick lock. Beast=Door? BOOM!

Image result for Roy Burns door break

1 hour ago, Definitelynotjason said:

I knew someone was going to say that. Part 4 is waking up from being hung and having an axe nearly cut his head in half. 

4's beat up by a girls included his hand nearly chopped off a hammer and other heavy objects before being impaled face first on a machete. 

Roy got a single hit with a broken shovel. Everything else he avoided. Oh and the pen knife to the knee. Two days earlier part 4 took a real knife to the knee. 

Preeeeeety sure he takes a chainsaw hit as well.

TheReaper666 likes this

If you look at the middle of the image for a few seconds and then look away, it becomes a red dot. Not sure if there's any significance in that, haha

Just my 2 cents, but Roy and Jason 2, 3 and 4 were human and vulnerable. I do not see any reason why they should not play the same in the game.

The only change would be Pam, sweater and shack. Maybe make him be stunned by his son's body or picture.

dandop1984 likes this

8 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Kind of a "why care?" thing at the moment... it's an odd minimalist/hipster tease. I think it's a bad idea as whenever whatever it is happens to be revealed, some folks will be left disappointed. With all of the disappointment there has been, a tease is more antagonistic than necessary right now. If they have something like Roy, it would've been a good time to give a real teaser. Especially after the concerns the game was being abandoned.

Someone will inevitably jump in here and say "They're just having fun!" and before you do- Sure? I don't really care. Just my two cents on what I consider to be a silly idea considering it will inevitably lead to disappointment for people who want it to mean something it doesn't and I think less disappointment would be good for the game and community in general.

While I agree with you on principle that some people will just get disappointed, I just don't see why the devs shouldn't be able to have a little fun just because some people can't keep their own expectations in check. It isn't Gun's fault when that happens.

I've recently come to the conclusion that the gaming community as a whole need to learn two things. 1. They really should learn what it takes to actually make a game and learn a little appreciation for the craft and how much time things can take. And 2. How to keep their expectations in check and not just blindly ride the hype trains. 

I did these things and I'm hardly ever disappointed with my purchases.

1 hour ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

This speculation inspired me to rent part 5 again. And I can confirm that he is indeed a beast.

"Rent?" You don't own all the Fridays?  And when people say he's weak, clearly they dont remember that hell of a door bust he does near the end lol

3 hours ago, Definitelynotjason said:

As @Bigfoot says:

1 hour ago, Bigfoot said:

But, this is NOT sneaky, and is BEASTLY... Sneaky=pick lock. Beast=Door? BOOM!

Image result for Roy Burns door break

Roy's a beast!

39 minutes ago, DEATH said:

While I agree with you on principle that some people will just get disappointed, I just don't see why the devs shouldn't be able to have a little fun just because some people can't keep their own expectations in check. It isn't Gun's fault when that happens.

I've recently come to the conclusion that the gaming community as a whole need to learn two things. 1. They really should learn what it takes to actually make a game and learn a little appreciation for the craft and how much time things can take. And 2. How to keep their expectations in check and not just blindly ride the hype trains. 

I did these things and I'm hardly ever disappointed with my purchases.

As you saw, I kind of anticipated this response. It's not Gun's fault but that won't really matter. My reasoning comes from a pattern of behaviour between the publishers and the community. When Gun was at Comic Con, XBox players lost their shit as they were still playing the most broken version of the game while the guys from Gun were taking photos and signing autographs. It came across as tone deaf, anyone could see that. If I remember right, that same weekend the "The developers are abandoning the game!" cries began and had to be addressed by the CEO of Illphonic. Basically, more bad press.

They just announced the smaller maps, emotes and teamkilling change and in general- all of that was positive and received predominantly positively. I view this tease as a missed opportunity to build on that positivity. The community needs a few wins from Gun strung in a row before playful teasing won't be seen as antagonist (by some) or leave folks disappointed that whatever it is they thought the tease was going to be didn't happen because they will have more confidence in Gun that whatever it is they want may show up down the road.

Just my two cents.

On the gaming community as whole- all of this has been new to me. I've never followed a game this closely. Seeing how gamers, publishers and developers interact has been surprising. The hype train stuff is insane. People are like creepy-ex-significant-other-stalker-crazy about video games. My biggest disappointment has been the amount of exposure I've had to racism, homophobia and sexist bullshit since playing this game. I was expecting it but not on this level. A few days ago, I asked a guy if he could mute his mic while he was listening to music and I immediately received a "Fuck you!" followed by a bunch of racist slurs. I don't understand gamers, to be honest. Not sure how everyone let it get this bad.

On 8/11/2017 at 11:34 PM, bewareofbears said:

As @Bigfoot says:

Roy's a beast!

As you saw, I kind of anticipated this response. It's not Gun's fault but that won't really matter. My reasoning comes from a pattern of behaviour between the publishers and the community. When Gun was at Comic Con, XBox players lost their shit as they were still playing the most broken version of the game while the guys from Gun were taking photos and signing autographs. It came across as tone deaf, anyone could see that. If I remember right, that same weekend the "The developers are abandoning the game!" cries began and had to be addressed by the CEO of Illphonic. Basically, more bad press.

They just announced the smaller maps, emotes and teamkilling change and in general- all of that was positive and received predominantly positively. I view this tease as a missed opportunity to build on that positivity. The community needs a few wins from Gun strung in a row before playful teasing won't be seen as antagonist (by some) or leave folks disappointed that whatever it is they thought the tease was going to be didn't happen because they will have more confidence in Gun that whatever it is they want may show up down the road.

Just my two cents.

On the gaming community as whole- all of this has been new to me. I've never followed a game this closely. Seeing how gamers, publishers and developers interact has been surprising. The hype train stuff is insane. People are like creepy-ex-significant-other-stalker-crazy about video games. My biggest disappointment has been the amount of exposure I've had to racism, homophobia and sexist bullshit since playing this game. I was expecting it but not on this level. A few days ago, I asked a guy if he could mute his mic while he was listening to music and I immediately received a "Fuck you!" followed by a bunch of racist slurs. I don't understand gamers, to be honest. Not sure how everyone let it get this bad.

I totally agree with you. I just don't think they should worry too much about some blow hards who have no clue and go ahead and have a little fun. I think the speculation will leave a lot of people disappointed in the end, but again it isn't their fault. I don't know. I guess ultimately they are pretty much in a damned if you do and damned if you don't kind of situation. Why not just throw a little tease of something out expectations of the community be damned?

I also often wonder how the gaming community as a whole ended up with so much hate for everything and everyone. Near every forum and pretty much any place people can swing their opinion dicks around are filled with clearly ignorant (to what it actually takes to make these games we all enjoy, time constraints and the like.) complaining and general random hate for absurd reasons.

I've said it somewhere here before that when I used to frequent arcades most people seemed to have a mutual respect for one another. It was like we were family drawn together by this hobby. Sure there were fights and arguments, but there sure as hell wasn't mud slinging, yelling out racial slurs to one another and weren't telling them, in graphic detail, what we did their mother.

bewareofbears likes this

Pet theory - there are so many more people playing videogames today then before. There are some personality types that would never normally play videogames, but are into them now because it's such a big thing and friends brought them in or whatever. There;s also the rise of online multiplayer in general, letting people play with others online. And then there's also the rise of competitive online multiplayer.

Mix all that up and you'll get friction. Moreover, even if it's just the same percentage of jerks and asshats around as in, say, ten or fifteen years ago, with so many more people playing and some of them in a very specific everything-for-me attitude, then you get more keyboard warriors like that. Then that gets reflected in social media and so on as well, more people, more interaction, means more attention seekers and idiots.

Almost all my interactions with other players F13th: The Game have been good, perhaps because I'm very choosy picking out groups (adults only, mic mandatory, new players welcome kind of groups tend to work very well) or play with friends. It means the amount of games I play is fairly small, but then I'm on limited time for games anyway, and the quality tends to be good.

As for the topic here, I'm doubtful about Roy despite the blue only because I figure there are other Jason types that would be more popular to play than him. Uber Jason was the poll runner-up, although I accept he'll take a bit more tinkering than the others, but failing that I'd think Jason 4 would slot in nicely.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I'm guessing it's a single player tease.

@DamonD7 I think it might be better for the long term life of the game to do Jason X last. They could do Part 5 or Part 4, then the other, then to cap it all off release Jason X to build up more hype and draw players back in after many more months.