Alien_Number_Six

What keeps you from playing Friday the 13th?

49 posts in this topic

I work fifty hours a week. And I apologize to all the new friends I have made here on the fourms who have sent me game invites. So what keeps you from playing the game? 

70 hr work week right now. 6 yr old that just started school Monday. Wife that expects me to do something other than "Sitting on my ass playing video games!" for some reason. 😂😂 Hopefully, by the end of September work will slow down a little. The overtime is great, but, I'm pretty damn exhausted.

38 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

70 hr work week right now. 6 yr old that just started school Monday. Wife that expects me to do something other than "Sitting on my ass playing video games!" for some reason. 😂😂 Hopefully, by the end of September work will slow down a little. The overtime is great, but, I'm pretty damn exhausted.

I feel your pain. I have been doing 50 hours a week for a couple years and I am burned out big time.

Miss AJ likes this

Just now, Alien_Number_Six said:

I feel your pain. I have been doing 50 hours a week for a couple years and I am burned out big time.

Yeah man, it will definitely wear on you. I've got news for them, I'm not working those crazy hours in October. Halloween month is my month DAMMIT!

Just now, Rexfellis said:

Yeah man, it will definitely wear on you. I've got news for them, I'm not working those crazy hours in October. Halloween month is my month DAMMIT!

Yeah two weeks of vacation coming in October. Cant wait.

48 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Severe lack of content and the repetitive nature that brings to the game. 

Tho I enjoy this game very much I play the same people all the time not to mention public matches are being hella toxic I'm not worried about Jason I'm concerned about other players. The -1000 exp loss for betrayal has no effect cause after 31 all their is to unlock is colthing... Wooo hoo not. Seemed people cared for first 31 level now if you past that people prefer to be a dick. 

This quote +9000

Work, and usually three of my evenings a week are spent with my finance (who's not in the UK) on her Xbox 360, playing other games and talking.

Really, my only chances normally are Friday a little bit and then the weekend. And time difference works against me playing with US friends as much as I'd like, as they're 5 to 8 hours back from me.

In a certain way it's keeping things fresh for me, I'm not feeling a bit of ennui. On the other hand, I'd like to play more.

What has been keeping me from playing as much as I would like is the glitchers. People on rocks or hiding on the train tracks. It's annoying and I hate being Jason or someone who escaped or died and having to wait till the match ends to leave because I don't wanna lose the XP 

I used to play so many games, both in terms of hours and also hopping between stuff, but the last decade or so in particular I mainly concentrate on just two or three at a time.

I've got a fair backlog I'd like to deal with, but I've really gotta be choosy how I spend my time these days. Something like Fallout 4 I loved, because it was 5-6 months of casual play nailed down for me.

Toxic players (team killing,loud mouths,etc),no ability to just "Play the killer" like in Dead By Daylight,the repetitive nature of playing councelor,the same 3 maps that already feel way too similar,the fact that so many glitches still exist (like Jason being able to walk over traps in combat stance),the horrible hit detection,barely any variation to the game modes or game customization options for a multiplayer game....

4 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I work fifty hours a week. And I apologize to all the new friends I have made here on the fourms who have sent me game invites. So what keeps you from playing the game? 

4 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

3 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

I only recently found my way out of a job with 50 to 80 hour work weeks. My hat's off to you guys.

A week-long work conference has kept me off the game. Otherwise, I'd be on there, smashing doors or opening drawers.

I have been working on my killer tan. I seriously look like George Hamilton. I switch between this and Dead By Daylight. When I feel social I'll play this, when I want to veg out DBD. 

Nothing really.  I like the game honestly and while it does have its issues, most of those I havent experienced.  Not a lot of TK'er on Xbox for me but then again I play in LFG's who want to play the game.  I get some disconnection issues but mostly since it is LFG's, the host rarely leaves.  Staying away from Quickplay/Public matches really alleviates most of these games problems for me.  

If anything keeps me away, it would be other games in my queue I switch off between.  

I play a decent amount when I can. But I do work 50 hours a week on average and have a 2-year-old daughter, and a wife pregnant with twins. Luckily she doesn't mind how much I play. She likes the game too.

So that's why I'm only level 59 or something. I'm sure I'd be maxed out on PC and Xbox if I played as much as I used to.

Nothing really stops me from playing the game, but there are two things that are currently stopping me from playing the Xbox One version (I play Steam only now):

1. Everyone has Savini Jason. Seeing lobbies full of him just winds me up. I'm not going back on the Xbox version until he's gone from everyone who didn't get him legit (free downloads of him don't count).
  2. There's no dedicated servers.

2 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

1. Everyone has Savini Jason. Seeing lobbies full of him just winds me up. I'm not going back on the Xbox version until he's gone from everyone who didn't get him legit (free downloads of him don't count).
  2. There's no dedicated servers.

Yeah he's fuckin everywhere. Hopefully if they take them away I'll see you on there someday. And with the recent sales I hope we get dedicated servers now.

Only thing that keeps me from playing as much as I would like is the lack of people online to play... Not a big fan of playing public matches unless I am going in with 4-5 people in the party.