Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chaosguy67

GUN, you do know what NEW maps mean right?

14 posts in this topic

Someone needs to let them know what NEW maps are because i think they are confused...

And yes i do like different versions of the same map but.....

im pretty sure they should be focusing on NEW maps first..

I'm sure the smaller maps didn't take long to do, and a different team probably made them, than the team working on new maps. It hasn't even been a full 3 months since the game came out. They are also working on a single player campaign as well, which I'm sure you have heard. The physical copy of the game is coming in october which is roughly two months away and you can bank on that new content would drop with it. Give it time, they will come.

The game is barely 3 months old and on top of single player they are also fixing MP.  While these are technically new maps and a totally new style of play which will make things very fast and unique, they have a lot on their plate.  Doing something like this doesn't take a lot or resources and will keep the game fresh for a little while longer until new maps and modes come out. 

Maybe you shouldn't knock it before you try it?  You don't really have any clue how this will play and you are already complaining especially for a game that is 3 months old.  

RavenStorm32 likes this

1 hour ago, ryanmc564 said:

I'm sure the smaller maps didn't take long to do, and a different team probably made them, than the team working on new maps. It hasn't even been a full 3 months since the game came out. They are also working on a single player campaign as well, which I'm sure you have heard. The physical copy of the game is coming in october which is roughly two months away and you can bank on that new content would drop with it. Give it time, they will come.

Didnt take long? No, Really???

1 hour ago, ryanmc564 said:

So it takes 5 months for this company to make smaller versions of OLD maps?...

At this rate it will take them a year to make 3 new maps...

thatdudescott likes this

April 26-August 10...5 months? :wacko:

Oh yeah, and it's free content that looks like it will be a new playmode. At the very least it will allow for shorter matches, which sounds pretty good to me. I don't have a lot of time to game, so a quicker play option sounds great. 

RavenStorm32 likes this

5 hours ago, chaosguy67 said:

So it takes 5 months for this company to make smaller versions of OLD maps?...

At this rate it will take them a year to make 3 new maps...

Pretty sure they have a a lot more to worry about than creating new maps right now like getting SP finalized and fixing the issues with MP.  These new maps are probably already done and they shifted focus on creating SP maps, animations, art assets, etc.  This isnt a big team so they can't just dedicate a team to solely focus on map creation.  Plus new maps require balancing, new art assets, models, level flow, etc.  It takes a while to make a map and they just can't pop one out whenever a kid complains they want a new one.  Again, they have 30 people which isn't a large team working on the game considering how much still has to be done like host migration, SP, fixing MP, fixing other bugs, etc.  

Maybe its just my experience working in the industry but a lot of this seems like common sense or at least logical when you take 10 seconds to think about it.  Again, how about you wait until they release the new smaller maps before complaining?

5 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

Oh yeah, and it's free content that looks like it will be a new playmode. At the very least it will allow for shorter matches, which sounds pretty good to me. I don't have a lot of time to game, so a quicker play option sounds great. 

If I had anymore likes to give today, you would get one.  Not really sure why people are complaining before even trying it.  I mean like I said above, their is a lot that goes into making a game.  It isn't as easy as just throwing some stuff around and viola!  You have an new map.  It can take a while to get a really good map together thats well balanced and looks true to the movies.  

Rexfellis likes this

10 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

If I had anymore likes to give today, you would get one.  Not really sure why people are complaining before even trying it.  I mean like I said above, their is a lot that goes into making a game.  It isn't as easy as just throwing some stuff around and viola!  You have an new map.  It can take a while to get a really good map together thats well balanced and looks true to the movies.  

Well if they released any kind of new map they have been working on now, it wouldn't be balanced, it would likely be buggy, and it just basically wouldn't be finished. People would bitch. So, while we are all waiting on them to finish the maps, they released smaller versions of the existing maps for free to give us a different dynamic of play to tide everyone over...people are bitching. I think if you handed some of these guys a gold bar they would bitch that it wasn't platinum.

I believe the frustration is people are well aware that the development team wasting time & effort to implement the fast variant maps means 2 things.

1. We know now that they are taking time to shrink 3 already existing maps. Nothing new is added. Instead things are being reduced in size.

2. Being aware of this is a hint that chances are low that we will see a new map by October 13th. This feels like a gut punch to the community that's growing stale of the same 3 repetitive maps.

On a side note we all also know this game is still rather new but it doesn't go without saying & im sure everyone will agree but this games life span is living in the fast lane. A lot of us worry seeing the poorly recolor of skins being advertised as "New Skins" which in turn makes us wonder if 1 new map & 1 new Jason skin may be stretched over a year before release. Of course this speculative at the moment.

For the record I don't want Gun to release all this games DLC within the first few months but it's going to take a lot more then a purple Jason & blood splatter on his clothes to keep people interested.

Ricky likes this

1 hour ago, Rexfellis said:

Oh i didnt realize the maps released today. Where are they?

2 minutes ago, chaosguy67 said:

Oh i didnt realize the maps released today. Where are they?

Oh I didn't realize you had an exact release date for them. Care to share that information? As of now, it's been 3 months and 15 days since release. You could be right, it may be 5 months before they are released, but as of now, we don't know. They could be out Monday.

2 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

Oh I didn't realize you had an exact release date for them. Care to share that information? As of now, it's been 3 months and 15 days since release. You could be right, it may be 5 months before they are released, but as of now, we don't know.

So you think they are gonna release these maps within 45 days without even having a release date yet?

Try again buddy

Look man. I've seen a lot of your posts. It seems like you want to bash the game, bash the devs, bash the players that try to stay optimistic throughout  the problems the game is going through now. I'm not going to argue with you. Have fun here in your little thread being mad. I'm done.

Everyone is free to voice their opinions but the vast majority of your posts @chaosguy67 are just you hating on Gun Media. Plus this thread serves no particular purpose; of course Gun is aware of what new maps are but they're probably giving us the smaller ones for the time being whilst they design the new ones.

If you want to post then start posting things that are constructive. Threads like this just tend to incite arguments.

A.J. Mason likes this