Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lHeartBreakerl

Something annoying

9 posts in this topic

Why do major gaming news sites use this photo as a thumbnail for the game?

jason_brutality_image2_walkingaway.jpg

Nothing seems wrong there. But this photo is actually from MKX when you beat the arcade tower as Jason. Gun didn't create nor publicize this photo at all. One site started doing it, then they all did.

I guess rights dont matter since they have the rights to Jason. It's not a huge deal or even really a problem. Just something odd I thought I'd share.

Here's the video:

I knew I had seen this screenshot before, but I couldn't recall where. I knew it wasn't for this game though.

I firmly believe the people who write video game articles don't actually play video games.

2 hours ago, weirdkid5 said:

I firmly believe the people who write video game articles don't actually play video games.

You have a valid opinion. Sorry for my previous comment.

I'm more annoyed by this Jason's actual proportions here. It doesn't even look like him. Jason's always been much bigger than that.

I have also noticed how often this picture is used, especially by Gamespot.

2 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Why do major gaming news sites use this photo as a thumbnail for the game?

jason_brutality_image2_walkingaway.jpg

Nothing seems wrong there. But this photo is actually from MKX when you beat the arcade tower as Jason. Gun didn't create nor publicize this photo at all. One site started doing it, then they all did.

I guess rights dont matter since they have the rights to Jason. It's not a huge deal or even really a problem. Just something odd I thought I'd share.

Here's the video:

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

I'm more annoyed by this Jason's actual proportions here. It doesn't even look like him. Jason's always been much bigger than that.

I have also noticed how often this picture is used, especially by Gamespot.

I know, right?! I absolutely hate that picture. I thought it was concept art for the game, but now knowing its not even Gun's makes it so much worse.

AldermachXI likes this

This Mortal Kombat picture and a pic from Last Year seem to end up in all kinds of Friday the 13th articles and videos. It's lazy reporting for the news sites.

I am surprised no one has said anything from either side.  If my picture was being used to promote another game, I would be more than likely pissed or if a picture was misrepresenting my game, I would be pissed as well.  Kinda weird it has gone on for this long

8 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

I am surprised no one has said anything from either side.  If my picture was being used to promote another game, I would be more than likely pissed or if a picture was misrepresenting my game, I would be pissed as well.  Kinda weird it has gone on for this long

Game journalism is not necessarily held the the strictest of standards.

Lazy people. If you Google Friday 13th game, it's the number 2 image. Number 1 has a logo, so they just click the next one.

Lazy and quick for their article.