Corkenstein

Pamela Tapes, Private or Public matches?

16 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I have searched all over this forum, Reddit, Steam forums, etc for a definitive answer to this question, Are Pamela Tapes unlockable in both types of matches?  Most people seem to be under the impression from what I have gathered that they only can be unlocked in Public matches which makes sense.  A group of 8 can just keep creating games, searching every drawer on the map, exit out, and repeat.  Since Quickplay on Xbox still has some minor issues, most players usually use the LFG feature which is mostly all Private matches which also adds to the rumor that maybe they are only found in Public/Quickplay matches.  I know the percentage is supposed to be low but when I know multiple people who have maxed out their levels and still haven't found one, something must not be right.  

This is starting to sound like the same thing that happened about them only appearing on Fridays.  It was a massive rumor that spread which eventually had to be squashed by the Devs.  I am wondering if the same can be done here.  Any way we can get official word if Pamela tapes are only found in Public matches or can they be found in both?

Thanks for reading!  Loving the game and can't wait for the next update!

Corky

6 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Both. No official word though.

This.  Also, finding them on a Friday has been debunked as well (by members on here- nothing official).

Corkenstein likes this

53 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Public match is the only way to find a Pamela tape. Most players play in private matches on Xbox One. 240 hours played on Xbox One. Can't find any tapes.

ezgif.com-crop.gif

Don't know how many hours I've played so far but I know it's plenty and unless they changed something all I can say is i found my one and only tape in a private match.  First game after the first Xbox one patch.  I feel like I read on here somewhere somebody saying the same thing they found their only tape the day of the first Xbox patch.  

Interesting to see someone who has found them in a private match.  Still it seems majority find them in public.  Maybe the drop rate is higher in public since people can spam it in Private matches.  

It still would be nice to get a Dev in on this to finally clear the rumors/speculation.  If they are as rare as they say, letting us know if they are Public or Private doesn't really change much.  

The pamela tapes are in the game?

Been playing PC since the beta and right around level 60... No tapes.

I'm level 75, been playing since Day One, no Pamela Tapes so far.

Seeking the Holy Grail™ isn't easy, you know...

14 minutes ago, Cpt_Obviuos said:

I'm level 75, been playing since Day One, no Pamela Tapes so far.

Seeking the Holy Grail™ isn't easy, you know...

I hate to break the news to you but these tapes are't holy. These tapes are demons. They will haunt your dreams for ever and you will never find one no matter how many hours you put into the game. No matter how many players you follow to make sure you find the tape first. You will lose sleep to these tapes. You will slowly start to fall into the pit of darkness and slowly see why Jason is the hero in killing you first. 

The only way to get Pamela tapes is if you glitch on top of Jason's shack on a Friday in a private match without alerting him. He also has to have not entered Rage and your team must have all been killed via enviro kills.

I rank the Pamela Tapes right up there with Slenderman, the ghost of man that died in my childhood bedroom, the evil spirits haunting the abandoned nurse's building in the college I went to, and the comedy in the Adam Sandler movies of the last decade. They are all just myths and urban legends.

I am hoping with Quickplay hopefully being fixed soon on Xbox, we will start to see more of them if it is indeed Quickplay/Public only or if they might have a higher drop in QP because people can cheese them in Private matches.  Either way it will be interesting to see what happens once QP is fixed.  

Watched Randy's stream last night and he was asked about the tapes. He didn't seem real sure himself about whether or not they spawned in private matches. He said, "Mostly in public matches, maybe only in public matches." He did say that they did not spawn often enough, kind of hinting that maybe the devs were going to make them a little more accessible. He also kind of hinted that there may be more tapes with added content on the way. But hell, I can't even find one, more content isn't going to help me any. :lol:

So, I still don't have any "official" news about the tapes, just what one of the devs commented about the tapes during his live stream.

They have stated several times on twitter AND facebook that 
1 They are available all 7 days

2 Are NOT available in private matches

However the game is so full of bugs you never know what could actually be or not be happening. 

During the live stream last night with Randy said they might be in private but he couldn't remember sooo yeah