Rexfellis

A question about Jason's superhuman abilities.

58 posts in this topic

Just now, Definitelynotjason said:

Ok, but, how many medical professionals declared him dead after the axe shot after the hanging? He got past the first responders, the paramedics and the coroner

1d88c5978b5374e9ea0385ebc01a31fb5e6d0fc8

7 minutes ago, ryanmc564 said:

wait, what?  Refresh my memory on when this occurred?  Because as I recall Tommy only encounter Roy at the end of the movie in the barn, but Tommy's hallucinations he was seeing was actually Jason, not Roy.   

Tommy enters in the barn sees the hockey-masked killer before him and freezes. Archival audio plays in Tommy's head as the killer creeps towards him raising his weapon. The weapon strikes and Tommy hits the ground, finally snapping out of his trance.

2 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Tommy enters in the barn sees the hockey-masked killer before him and freezes. Archival audio plays in Tommy's head as the killer creeps towards him raising his weapon. The weapon strikes and Tommy hits the ground, finally snapping out of his trance.

Okay,  I realized after reading again what you said again that you meant symbolically (is that the word I'm looking for symbolically?) that he was "wearing a sweater"  I misunderstood. 

Yes he was literally wearing a symbolic sweater.  :blink:

I'm of two minds about this.  On the one hand, purely for the sake of simplicity, it would obviously be easiest to just import them in without fundamentally changing any of the mechanics, however weird it might look to blast a random old lady with a shotgun and have her shake it off.  On the other hand, while it would be a lot more complicated to execute (no pun intended) I do think it would be a lot of fun to have a killer or two in the game who played differently, if you could get around the "stops a car with their bare hands, finds point blank shotgun blasts mildly annoying" problem.

Imagine a Roy version of Jason who could climb through windows, or a Pamela who could stealth kill you from under a bed or something.

I think he's always been somewhat supernatural, even in Part 2. He does randomly pop up and come from no where in that movie a few times, and he always seems to know where everyone in his woods is.

Hell he took a machete through half of his chest and lived, sorry but that's not possible if you're a normal human.

Even Roy had supernatural strength, he was able to walk through a closed door, smashing it to pieces, just like Jason did in Part 4 when he was still alive. After he was resurrected his powers just magnified. It could possibly stem from the shrine of his mother.

50 minutes ago, Crooked Wookie said:

Imagine a Roy version of Jason who could climb through windows, or a Pamela who could stealth kill you from under a bed or something.

I can see it now, running around as a counselor and the only way to build back up your stamina would be to lay down on a bed and then boom that's when she attacks. Whoever is Pamela better hope she picks the right bed to be under or that there is a lot of exhausted campers out there.

I was thinking more slashing your Achilles from under the bed and then crawling out and stabbing you to death or something, but sure.  ;)

I used to be against the idea of Roy being in the game. Hearing other people's perspective on the subject has made me change my mind. I don't think he needs any gameplay mechanics changed either (except maybe the kill Jason mechanic). Through most of the movie we're led to believe he's Jason and he appears to have all of Jason's attributes. So his in game mechanics could remain the same as the other Jasons and just tweaked along the same lines as J2 and J3. Love the idea of him spawning at his ambulance instead of the shack, and counselors being able to get a picture of his son for the Jason kill. If counselors enter Jason's shack Pamela warns him of their presence. How would Roy be alerted that someone has found his ambulance?

24 minutes ago, A.J. Mason said:

I used to be against the idea of Roy being in the game. Hearing other people's perspective on the subject has made me change my mind. I don't think he needs any gameplay mechanics changed either (except maybe the kill Jason mechanic). Through most of the movie we're led to believe he's Jason and he appears to have all of Jason's attributes. So his in game mechanics could remain the same as the other Jasons and just tweaked along the same lines as J2 and J3. Love the idea of him spawning at his ambulance instead of the shack, and counselors being able to get a picture of his son for the Jason kill. If counselors enter Jason's shack Pamela warns him of their presence. How would Roy be alerted that someone has found his ambulance?

"Hey hey daddy! They're coming to get me daddy help!"

I feel gross saying that.

A.J. Mason likes this

9 hours ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Absolutely. Up until Tommy sees Royson at the end we have a mad running kung fu Tommy. As soon as he sees Roy he is stunned and can't move.

Maybe Jason could call in Roy when the counselors call in Tommy! Totally kidding about that.

Tommy is Jason's kryptonite, but Roy is Tommy's. Changing the kill conditions is the sticking point still.

With or without having to create a Pam or Reggie. what does everyone think the new kill conditions could be. I think the ones that impact the game the least would be preferred, though not required. Does it need a whole new map?

Hmm.... might be interesting to see of Roy could do a "Tommy stun" to freeze Tommy in place like the sweater does to Jason. Might be too powerful though.

Pretty much all the veteran forum members agree that Roy should get his ambulance instead of a shack and a picture of Joey from Roy's wallet. That seems to be the most logical alternative to the sweater and shack. They'd have to do something unique for the Higgins island though. Maybe he has a speedboat(that can't be used) at the dock on the island.

5 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Hmm.... might be interesting to see of Roy could do a "Tommy stun" to freeze Tommy in place like the sweater does to Jason. Might be too powerful though.

Pretty much all the veteran forum members agree that Roy should get his ambulance instead of a shack and a picture of Joey from Roy's wallet. That seems to be the most logical alternative to the sweater and shack. They'd have to do something unique for the Higgins island though. Maybe he has a speedboat(that can't be used) at the dock on the island.

See that's the thing, a regular Jason kill requires the sweater from the shack. No problem, you got that covered with the picture and ambulance.

But now the regular kill requires Tommy and the stun magic after the demasking.

Should Tommy really be the one to kill Royson? In rewatching the final scene right now here's an idea.

Roy can have a Tommy stun, and Tommy needs a pocket knife to break out of it. This drops Roy to his knees and anyone else can start the death scene. I think this encompasses the same difficulty as the the regular death and adds direct parts from the movie. Tommy literally uses a pocket knife to escape Roy's killing blow.

NthnButAGoodTime likes this

23 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

See that's the thing, a regular Jason kill requires the sweater from the shack. No problem, you got that covered with the picture and ambulance.

But now the regular kill requires Tommy and the stun magic after the demasking.

Should Tommy really be the one to kill Royson? In rewatching the final scene right now here's an idea.

Roy can have a Tommy stun, and Tommy needs a pocket knife to break out of it. This drops Roy to his knees and anyone else can start the death scene. I think this encompasses the same difficulty as the the regular death and adds direct parts from the movie. Tommy literally uses a pocket knife to escape Roy's killing blow.

Hmm.....

Original Jason kill requirements:

Step 1: Remove mask.

Step 2: Female character acquires sweater. Mask allows sweater to be taken silently.

Step 3: Call Tommy/Tommy is on the scene.

Step 4: Acquire blunt and sharp weapons(Tommy has sharp one)

Step 5: Freeze Jason with sweater

Step 6: Whack Jason with high stun weapon.

Step 7: Tommy kills Jason.

That's a heck of a lot of steps just for regular Jason. Roy would need equivalently difficult kill requirements.

Roy kill requirements:

Step 1: Attack Roy until he drops his ambulance keys(I think Roy's hockey mask should stay on, otherwise you get a middle aged man in a rubber head walking around...)

Step 2: Acquire Roy's wallet with Joey's picture. Roy's keys allow the ambulance to be opened without triggering the alarm. Possibly limit the "Joey stun" to male characters?

Step 4: Acquire pocket knife and sharp weapon

Step 5: Freeze Roy with Joey stun and a pocket knife on the same counselor. Maybe require Tommy? "I know who you are! You're not Jason! Think of your son!"

Step 6: Hit Roy with sharp/high damage weapon.

Step 7: Tommy or a counselor kills Roy.(Tommy has to be involved. Either Tommy stuns Roy and a counselor kills Roy, or a counselor stuns Roy and Tommy kills Roy. Two normal counselors can't do it.) Roy's mask comes off during the kill animation.

Another thought is maybe sharp weapons can do more damage or stun length to Roy while blunt weapons stun him for less than Jason. Might be a neat mix-up to the normal gameplay. And after some thought Roy shouldn't have a voluntary "Tommy stun" because if that is what is required to kill him then Roy players simply won't press that button.

8 hours ago, ryanmc564 said:

Okay,  I realized after reading again what you said again that you meant symbolically (is that the word I'm looking for symbolically?) that he was "wearing a sweater"  I misunderstood.

Metaphorically.

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Hmm.....

Original Jason kill requirements:

Step 1: Remove mask.

Step 2: Female character acquires sweater. Mask allows sweater to be taken silently.

Step 4: Acquire blunt and sharp weapons(Tommy has sharp one)

Step 5: Freeze Jason with sweater

Step 6: Whack Jason with high stun weapon.

Step 7: Tommy kills Jason.

That's a heck of a lot of steps just for regular Jason. Roy would need equivalently difficult kill requirements.

Roy kill requirements:

Step 1: Attack Roy until he drops his ambulance keys(I think Roy's hockey mask should stay on, otherwise you get a middle aged man in a rubber head walking around...)

Step 2: Acquire Roy's wallet with Joey's picture. Roy's keys allow the ambulance to be opened without triggering the alarm. Possibly limit the "Joey stun" to male characters?

Step 4: Acquire pocket knife and sharp weapon

Step 5: Freeze Roy with Joey stun and a pocket knife on the same counselor. Maybe require Tommy? "I know who you are! You're not Jason! Think of your son!"

Step 6: Hit Roy with sharp/high damage weapon.

Step 7: Tommy or a counselor kills Roy.(Tommy has to be involved. Either Tommy stuns Roy and a counselor kills Roy, or a counselor stuns Roy and Tommy kills Roy. Two normal counselors can't do it.) Roy's mask comes off during the kill animation.

Another thought is maybe sharp weapons can do more damage or stun length to Roy while blunt weapons stun him for less than Jason. Might be a neat mix-up to the normal gameplay. And after some thought Roy shouldn't have a voluntary "Tommy stun" because if that is what is required to kill him then Roy players simply won't press that button.

Metaphorically.

Thank you. I knew i wasn't saying the right word. That what get for trying to reply too quick.

Didn't Tommy mention that he felt like the spirit of Jason Voorhees was still alive. Then we see the gruesome murder of that kid with chocolate fingers who is butchered almost the same way Jason would kill camp counselors.

I see Roy Burns being more possessed than a copy cat killer. I believe part 9 confirms this to some extent. In the movie he had a lot of strength. Although he wasn't a zombie the OP made a point as well. Part 2 & 3 were both human with superhuman strength.

At this point they added NES Jason to the game which has no business being there so I don't see why they wouldn't add Roy Burns because of a technicality. I think it would be awesome to see a Roy Burns Jason in game specially when you knock his mask off. Maybe give the counselors special phrases when they realize he's human!

Jason drowned as a boy then emerged the morning after his mother was killed as a  zombie demon monster

unless your gonna take wut a drunken Ginny suggests happens as a for sure thing 

8 hours ago, Tattooey said:

I see Roy Burns being more possessed than a copy cat killer. I believe part 9 confirms this to some extent. In the movie he had a lot of strength. Although he wasn't a zombie the OP made a point as well. Part 2 & 3 were both human with superhuman strength.

Having just watched the part 2 chase scene, I can say without a doubt Jason is not superhuman in 2. He barely wins a wrestling match with Paul. He gets defeated by a small wooden chair and a locked door. He looks thoroughly like a just a big lumbering oaf.

39 minutes ago, Krock said:

Jason drowned as a boy then emerged the morning after his mother was killed as a  zombie demon monster

unless your gonna take wut a drunken Ginny suggests happens as a for sure thing 

Yes that's exactly what happened. Alice hallucinated at the end of Part 1, otherwise the police would have seen a zombie child pull her under.

Right cuz small town 80s cops couldn't have missed that...weve seen the law enforcement from Crystal lake and "Forrest green" ..maybe not the brightest bunch..did they even find Jason's body when he really did drown...?  Or solve any of the other random curse things that happened ...couldn't  find Ralph.. f13 2009 they aren't any better they didn't find any evidence of the counselors that got killed near the giant weed field lol..then bud bud just stumbles across gps  on the ground..im thinking they coulda been staring right at drowned zombie boy while he was pulling her under and might still miss it

37 minutes ago, Krock said:

Right cuz small town 80s cops couldn't have missed that...weve seen the law enforcement from Crystal lake and "Forrest green" ..maybe not the brightest bunch..did they even find Jason's body when he really did drown...?  Or solve any of the other random curse things that happened ...couldn't  find Ralph.. f13 2009 they aren't any better they didn't find any evidence of the counselors that got killed near the giant weed field lol..then bud bud just stumbles across gps  on the ground..im thinking they coulda been staring right at drowned zombie boy while he was pulling her under and might still miss it

The thing is, you have to provide evidence that Jason grew from a zombie boy into a mostly human man in 5 years. The other thing is, the series never says that happened. The one thing we get is speculation from Ginny that Jason survived and lived in the woods the whole time, thus why they couldn't find his body. She has no evidence but narratively speaking, that is the writer's way of telling us what happened to Jason and why he's back. The whole "demon zombie that reshapes meat into a form resembling his true self" had not even been remotely conceived yet, and you can't take a poorly thought retcon and apply it to films where the writers never even considered that as a possibility.

None of it ever existed. The entire series is Jason's brain firing in tons of different directions as he dies drowning

The closer to death he got, the more outrageous his visions became. Zombie Jason, Tina and her powers, constantly coming back, Freddy, a Demon version of himself, in space...........

20 minutes ago, cruehitman said:

None of it ever existed. The entire series is Jason's brain firing in tons of different directions as he dies drowning

The closer to death he got, the more outrageous his visions became. Zombie Jason, Tina and her powers, constantly coming back, Freddy, a Demon version of himself, in space...........

Fascinating perspective! The series as one long dying delusion of a kid who blames his death on an absence of rescuers.

cruehitman likes this

Pamela stricken with grief of her presumed drowned son ..goes home digs out elias's old necromonmicon and starts reading it out loud hoping to get some answers since the cops cannot provide any...doing so awakens evil spirits that possess  a couple of the locals and they go on there own killing spree..

That's why "jason" looks so different ..he is 2 different people

Jason is never the killer...hes  a legend Ginny 

32 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Fascinating perspective! The series as one long dying delusion of a kid who blames his death on an absence of rescuers.

Also explains all the continuity issues, different looks, powers, etc........ just a thought! lol :)

1 minute ago, cruehitman said:

Also explains all the continuity issues, different looks, powers, etc........ just a thought! lol :)

Separately, I've been of the mind that Jason's drowning was unavoidable. Pamela's flashback to his drowning showed it happening at night. If the counselors weren't off, 'making love' they likely would've been asleep. The only way Jason wouldn't have wandered off to swim that night would've involved some sort of locked enclosure.

As a boy Jasons body goes missing cops cannot find him they assumed he drowned ( Pamela has flash back while murdering shows bald mongaloid jason)

Pamala  kills everyone but Alice f13prt1

Alice hallucinates at the end Jason never really grabs her out the boat 

Stricken with grief over the murder of his wife Elias puts a sack over his head and heads into town to kill Alice..then proceeds to kill all the peeps in part 2 Ginny hallucinates at the end and she invisions Jason as a hillbilly with red hair and wut not...

Elias greatly injured from his wounds slips out of the shack only to die shortly after..  but then the bald headed rapey mongaloid jason that has been living in the woods this whole time resurfaces and goes on a killing spree of his own prt 3 and 4