RustInPeace

Small Group Gameplay suggestion

7 posts in this topic

This idea came to me when a small group of friends and myself got fed up with trolls or just not having enough friends online at one time.  When starting a game with between 3-5 people (Jason player included) the lobby agrees to rules of the match (which is really only one rule, but with two parts).  Jason will NOT SHIFT throughout the match.  All other abilities are fair game (especially STALK).  This sets the game up for a much more tense situation not just for the counselors, but Jason as well.  BUT... If any of the survivors manage to fix and start the boat or car, the No Shift rule is lifted (but ONLY to stop the getaway, not to start shift-grabbing once stopped).  Playing at least 10 games like this has been a very nice change of pace when you want to shake things up a bit.  Hope this sounds as fun as it is actually playing this way.

2 people like this

7 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

This idea came to me when a small group of friends and myself got fed up with trolls or just not having enough friends online at one time.  When starting a game with between 3-5 people (Jason player included) the lobby agrees to rules of the match (which is really only one rule, but with two parts).  Jason will NOT SHIFT throughout the match.  All other abilities are fair game (especially STALK).  This sets the game up for a much more tense situation not just for the counselors, but Jason as well.  BUT... If any of the survivors manage to fix and start the boat or car, the No Shift rule is lifted (but ONLY to stop the getaway, not to start shift-grabbing once stopped).  Playing at least 10 games like this has been a very nice change of pace when you want to shake things up a bit.  Hope this sounds as fun as it is actually playung this way.

That's a great option. Do you mind if this thread expands into other gameplay suggestions? I imagine there are a lot of creative ideas out there.

As long as it fits in the context of the game and current topic, I don't mind if this became a hub for suggestions in smaller lobbies.  It'd make me happy that my first contribution was actually viewed as a positive, not just a random passive thought.

1 person likes this

Here's another one I had a ton of fun with...

We all turned off the music. The entire game tense and there were plenty of jump scares. It was greeeat.

1 person likes this

I've seen or have been in two different types of Battle Royale matches in private rooms:

1. Counselors quickly collect weapons from around the board and carry them to Higgins Haven and drop them on the floor. Then, when everyone is assembled, Jason announces the start of the fight and everyone picks up a weapon and wails on each other. The last counselor left gets to fight off Jason until the inevitable kill.
  2. Straightforward kill or be killed. Every man for himself and Jason can watch or participate.

The fun of it is that everyone is in on it and no one is having their regular game ruined. If you died early, you can watch your killer to see how he/she does.

31 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I've seen or have been in two different types of Battle Royale matches in private rooms:

1. Counselors quickly collect weapons from around the board and carry them to Higgins Haven and drop them on the floor. Then, when everyone is assembled, Jason announces the start of the fight and everyone picks up a weapon and wails on each other. The last counselor left gets to fight off Jason until the inevitable kill.
  2. Straightforward kill or be killed. Every man for himself and Jason can watch or participate.

The fun of it is that everyone is in on it and no one is having their regular game ruined. If you died early, you can watch your killer to see how he/she does.

We did something similar to this, but Jason didn't interfere during the Battle Royale, he was basically the referee. All counselors use the Psychic perk (walkie talkie) to start.  We would spend 5 minutes at the beginning of the match gathering weapons (melee only), healing sprays and traps.  Everything gets piled up in the campsite. Then, every counselor would spread out to the edges of the map. Somebody counts down 3...2...1 GO! Everyone runs to the campsite to get a weapon. From there, it is just like it sounds...kill or be killed! When everything is said and done the last man standing gets his/her prize. An environmental or special Jason kill for their efforts. We had fun with it. 

Hmmmm...I think I am going to see if we can get one of these going this weekend. It's been a while. Thanks for reminding me about this NthnButAGoodTime ?

@RustInPeace   The variant you described sounds pretty fun man! I think if you put your idea and iz2sick's idea together, that could make for a really tense match! Cool thread idea.

With 4 or less we have played something called "rage rules" where Jason isn't allowed to kill until he hits rage mode. If someone is in the process of escaping than jason is allowed to kill them. I like the above idea of no shifting too. May try to incorporate that into it.