Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StarLordTitus

Who here likes using voice changer?

101 posts in this topic

Is using a voice changer fun for everyone? Do you like being chased by a Jason who sounds dark?

Do you like using one yourself?

It seems fun to me.

Never used one myself. Haven't come across many since the early days of the game. Heard one that nearly made me shit myself though. Was creepy and loud.

Someone else was playing some creepy ass music once too. Childrens' voices, whimsical yet creepy. Said "nope" and muted that shit.

I'm a huge horror fan and actually don't scare easy. But something about both of those two incidents while wearing a headset in a dark room did it.

It's best not to be one of "those people". Voice changers are generally frowned upon and primarily used by trolls. 

I immediately mute anyone using a voice changer as it usually leads toxic nonsense that I do not want to deal with when I am trying to have fun.

Ker Juice likes this

Yeah. Carry on, if you wanna be one of those sad people who everyone hates and mutes. Jason is silent. The more people who get that through their skulls, the better.

Ker Juice and Drummond316 like this

1 hour ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Yeah. Carry on, if you wanna be one of those sad people who everyone hates and mutes. Jason is silent. The more people who get that through their skulls, the better.

Rewatch Jason Goes To Hell.

DialM likes this

1 hour ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Rewatch Jason Goes To Hell.

You're using Jason goes to hell as a reason? That film shouldn't even exist. 

32 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

You're using Jason goes to hell as a reason? That film shouldn't even exist. 

...but it does. You can use Jason Takes Manhattan, if you'd prefer.

15 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

What has take Manhattan gotta do with it? The director broke all the rules in goes to hell. He even admitted it. Jason's supposed to be a mute, deal with it. Anyone using stupid voices when using Jason is just ruining the experience. 

Drummond316 likes this

Jason shouldn't talk at all. I don't say a single word when I'm Jason. I stay faithful to the movies when I play. Like not killing fellow counselors either!!!!! 

Ker Juice likes this

To me it was pretty funny at first, but it gets old. I only talk as a counselor, I try to get in the zone as much as I can when I am Jason. No words, just kills.

35 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

What has take Manhattan gotta do with it? The director broke all the rules in goes to hell. He even admitted it. Jason's supposed to be a mute, deal with it. Anyone using stupid voices when using Jason is just ruining the experience. 

Jason talks and vocalizes in both movies. He roars in 7. Pamela speaks to herself in her son's voice...almost like she's heard it before. I'm just saying, if you're gonna write "Jason's supposed to be a mute, deal with it" with such confidence, you ought to know your stuff, first. Otherwise expect someone to call you out on your error. The movies have a pretty thorough fanbase.

You've stated your preference, that doesn't make it law, and it certainly isn't set in stone in the movies this game is based on. Is Jason chatty? No, but he isn't silent as the grave in every movie, either.

MV5BZjljYWE2ZjYtOWU4NS00YjUzLWJiMTQtNWM0

DialM and ryanmc564 like this

12 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Jason talks and vocalizes in both movies. He roars in 7. Pamela speaks to herself in her son's voice...almost like she's heard it before. I'm just saying, if you're gonna write "Jason's supposed to be a mute, deal with it" with such confidence, you ought to know your stuff, first. Otherwise expect someone to call you out on your error. The movies have a pretty thorough fanbase.

You've stated your preference, that doesn't make it law, and it certainly isn't set in stone in the movies this game is based on. Is Jason chatty? No, but he isn't silent as the grave in every movie, either.

You can't use the fact that he's grunted a couple times as an excuse for using a stupid voice changer in the game. Lol. Jason doesn't talk. Period. You want to grunt in the game as Jason when you get hit? Go for it. 

Toddarino and RAGEVIRUS like this

3 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

You can't use the fact that he's grunted a couple times as an excuse for using a stupid voice changer in the game. Lol. Jason doesn't talk. Period. You want to grunt in the game as Jason when you get hit? Go for it. 

I would ask you to consider watching those movies I'm citing, to correct your misunderstanding.

I'm not defending a voice-changer. I'm shooting down the notion that Jason has no lines in the movies.

4 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I would ask you to consider watching those movies I'm citing, to correct your misunderstanding.

I'm not defending a voice-changer. I'm shooting down the notion that Jason has no lines in the movies.

I've watched those movies hundreds of times. Jason doesn't speak. He grunts and makes noises. I seriously hope you don't actually think he said "Mommy" in a child's voice. That scene was meant to show it from Jason mentally. He didn't actually speak those words so others could hear him. 

16 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Goes to Hell is not Jason besides beginning and end, where he grunts but does not speak. I suppose one could make an argument that the worm that infects others is actually Jason....but even then, when it goes in to somebody new, that person does not talk anymore.

Regardless, on topic, I am not a fan of people talking as Jason in game. I have had chatty Jasons and I can tolerate it, but overall I prefer them to not talk about anything until after the game. Pretty much though, as long as the person is not doing a shitty Mickey Mouse voice, I will deal with it pretty good.

7 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

I've watched those movies hundreds of times. Jason doesn't speak. He grunts and makes noises. I seriously hope you don't actually think he said "Mommy" in a child's voice. That scene was meant to show it from Jason mentally. He didn't actually speak those words so others could hear him. 

Yes, because these movies are rich with subtle symbolism, where they ask the audience to see beyond what they're literally viewing on the screen. Now that I think of it, I seem to remember an article in The New Yorker about how the rich tapestry of hidden themes woven throughout the series warrant repeat viewing and discussion amongst the art film crowd. 

-OR-

...and stay with me on this one...

They don't, and he just had some lines in a few of the movies, including when he possesses other characters in Part 9.

1 hour ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Just watched 7 last night, that guy grunts a lot. And 3 and four are pretty loud too.

Of course, they aren't Ghostface talkative, just grunty... very grunty.

3 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Yes, because these movies are rich with subtle symbolism, where they ask the audience to see beyond what they're literally viewing on the screen. Now that I think of it, I seem to remember an article in The New Yorker about how the rich tapestry of hidden themes woven throughout the series warrant repeat viewing and discussion amongst the art film crowd. 

-OR-

...and stay with me on this one...

They don't, and he just had some lines in a few of the movies, including when he possesses other characters in Part 9.

No. He doesn't have any lines in part 9. That's the Hellbaby possessing the vessel. The vessel is speaking. Not Jason himself. There isn't one single time Jason himself speaks. Unless you want to believe he has the voice of a child. 

14 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

No. He doesn't have any lines in part 9. That's the Hellbaby possessing the vessel. The vessel is speaking. Not Jason himself. There isn't one single time Jason himself speaks. Unless you want to believe he has the voice of a child. 

I want to believe that you realize you're reaching now, but I'm growing too cynical at this point.

AldermachXI likes this

57 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Except its not an error. Jason doesnt talk. He makes noises. Your argument is invalid. Ask Arsenio Hall.

Toddarino likes this

4 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Except its not an error. Jason doesnt talk. He makes noises. Your argument is invalid. Ask Arsenio Hall.

Because a novelty interview in the real world is canon.