2fast4u

So sad how many are still misinformed about savini jason

42 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

This again? Hasn't this horse been flogged, beaten to death, buried, dug up, resurrected, chopped into little bits, glued back together, resurrected again, set on fire, and had it's ashes spread into the wind that you can faintly hear whispering, "It's not fair! I don't have one!"?!?

Seriously, I don't know why people are still so worked up about Savini Jason. It's been proven countless times that he is not the all-powerful, un-escapable demi-god that some people have made him out to be. He's a strong, savage, slow-as-shit, lumbering pile of rage. That just happens to look cool as hell! I don't have him either, but, I do enjoy it when he shows up in a match. Just last weekend, I was the last counselor left. I had at least 7 minutes to go, no health sprays, no fuse, no knives, and no way out. I asked the guy playing Jason to ram the pitchfork through my skull as I had never seen the kill outside of streamers doing it. He was happy to oblige. It was awesome! ☠️

Yeah man people act like he's a god around here.  He really isn't.  I've seen many counselor's escape him.  He just looks cool, nothing too special about him. He acts like any other Jason really.

Rexfellis likes this

12 minutes ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

Yeah man people act like he's a god around here.  He really isn't.  I've seen many counselor's escape him.  He just looks cool, nothing too special about him. He acts like any other Jason really.

I have Savini. I do well with Savini. But I'll be a lot more efficient with J6, J8, and J2. One poorly timed Morph with Savini and you're screwed. He stuns easy too.

Rexfellis and A.J. Mason like this

27 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I have Savini. I do well with Savini. But I'll be a lot more efficient with J6, J8, and J2. One poorly timed Morph with Savini and you're screwed. He stuns easy too.

Obviously, I've never played with Savini Jason as I don't have him. My favorites right now are Pt. 2 and Pt. 8. I do very well with both of them. But on the flipside, Pt. 7 Jason is not terrible. As far as game stats it can be argued (fairly accurately) that he has the weakest bonuses, and some harsh penalties. I've found that he can swing that machete just as well as Pt. 8 Jason can swing that axe. I've had people taunt me in a match when I spawned as him, and then act all shocked and bothered when I'm killing their smug asses! 😂

33 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

Obviously, I've never played with Savini Jason as I don't have him. My favorites right now are Pt. 2 and Pt. 8. I do very well with both of them. But on the flipside, Pt. 7 Jason is not terrible. As far as game stats it can be argued (fairly accurately) that he has the weakest bonuses, and some harsh penalties. I've found that he can swing that machete just as well as Pt. 8 Jason can swing that axe. I've had people taunt me in a match when I spawned as him, and then act all shocked and bothered when I'm killing their smug asses! 😂

I mean yeah you can say, "oh this Jason's the weakest or this Jason's the strongest never play this Jason or always play that one."  

At the end of the day, every Jason can do the same thing as the next one.  It's not like one Jason has an exclusive ability that the other one doesn't.

People can say Jason 7 sucks as much as they want, but guess what?  He can still kill you, and quite easily I might add.

RustInPeace and Rexfellis like this

The part 7 may be good if used correctly, 

And he has a better sense and he knows better to swim

8 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

This again? Hasn't this horse been flogged, beaten to death, buried, dug up, resurrected, chopped into little bits, glued back together, resurrected again, set on fire, and had it's ashes spread into the wind that you can faintly hear whispering, "It's not fair! I don't have one!"?!?

Seriously, I don't know why people are still so worked up about Savini Jason. It's been proven countless times that he is not the all-powerful, un-escapable demi-god that some people have made him out to be. He's a strong, savage, slow-as-shit, lumbering pile of rage. That just happens to look cool as hell! I don't have him either, but, I do enjoy it when he shows up in a match. Just last weekend, I was the last counselor left. I had at least 7 minutes to go, no health sprays, no fuse, no knives, and no way out. I asked the guy playing Jason to ram the pitchfork through my skull as I had never seen the kill outside of streamers doing it. He was happy to oblige. It was awesome! ☠️

I think you are completely missing the point.

I have NEVER EVER bashed someone for having Savini Jason, if anything I call them a bastard and tell them how jealous I am of them (in a kidding way, they always laugh). Basically for me, my game will NEVER be complete without having all the Jasons that are available. Plus i'm a big shifter and my main guy is part 6, so that means that he has the perks that I would like. I love the music played when he's near. I am a HUGE FAN OF TOM SAVINI. From the DEAD movies, to F13, and one of my all time favorite movies, George Romero's: Knight rider, where he basically stars in it with Ed Harris. So for me it's more of a "I love Tom Savini and I can't have something he created on the best game i've ever played" scenario. I am into FX and making props and stuff, so basically it's an insult to me to not have my favorite FX guy that designed a special Jason from my favorite horror franchise on my favorite game. 

gtdjlocker311 likes this

8 hours ago, Camp_Blood_Killer said:

I think you are completely missing the point.

I have NEVER EVER bashed someone for having Savini Jason, if anything I call them a bastard and tell them how jealous I am of them (in a kidding way, they always laugh). Basically for me, my game will NEVER be complete without having all the Jasons that are available. Plus i'm a big shifter and my main guy is part 6, so that means that he has the perks that I would like. I love the music played when he's near. I am a HUGE FAN OF TOM SAVINI. From the DEAD movies, to F13, and one of my all time favorite movies, George Romero's: Knight rider, where he basically stars in it with Ed Harris. So for me it's more of a "I love Tom Savini and I can't have something he created on the best game i've ever played" scenario. I am into FX and making props and stuff, so basically it's an insult to me to not have my favorite FX guy that designed a special Jason from my favorite horror franchise on my favorite game. 

I am not missing the point. Trust me, I've heard everything that can be said about this version of Jason. 

I think you might be missing the point of what I was saying. I know that you are new to the forums, and welcome. 😀 That is why I provided the link for you.  I am also a huge fan of the movies. I have been watching them since I was a kid. I own them all in a BluRay Collection. I own most of them on DVD. I have quite a few on VHS. I even have several pieces of Ft13th memorabilia from Horror-Cons and that I have purchased separately from private parties. I am also a huge Savini fan. I have been waiting for this game since 1989, when I mowed yards to buy the NES game and was sorely disappointed. I love this game as I've said many times. I love the look and brutality of Savini Jason. I don't have the skin either, and I wish I did.

What I can't understand is how you missed any mention of this game in the two years it was in development before it's release this May. If you really are a horror fan, and this is your favorite franchise, it just seem unlikely that you never saw any mention of it in a random google search or somewhere on social media. I heard about this game that was supposed to be "Just like Friday the 13th" back in 2015, and then probably a million times since then. I'm sorry you didn't hear about it. I'm sorry you don't have that version of Jason. 

My reason for commenting in this thread when there are many other threads on this board discussing Savini Jason is that the OP was trying to let everyone know that he is not a game-breaking character. Sure, he looks fucking awesome! Sure, he has more of the "power" perks and the downsides to him are not crippling. But, at the end of the day, the people that are supposed to have him are people that made it possible for us to play this game, or even have this conversation about it, by putting down hard earned money on the faith that someday this game would be completed. (I won't  even discuss the fuckups by Sony and Microsoft by putting it on their respective playstores for a few hours.) So, I give my thanks to the Devs and the backers, I play the game, and I have fun. Trust me, not having Savini Jason is not the end of the world, and it shouldn't diminish your enjoyment of the game. 

RustInPeace likes this

Idk guys- I used to share the same sentiment that no Jason is better than the next, but there is something about Savini that leads me to believe he may be ahead of the curve.  I can't put my finger on it, exactly.  I got him through the Xbox 1 debacle a week or so ago, and I must say playing with him is a lot of fun.  I only used him twice.  I can see why competitive players find him appealing.  Anyways- let me put things in perspective: I used to run with the same group of players every night and one person in particular was never a good Jason. She would use Part 6, which is highly recommended (I don't know why- his morph sucks ass) and struggled often to kill half the lobby, let alone me.  Now comes free Savini and guess what?  She's killing more than half the lobby with myself included, and talking shit to boot.  Hmmm, wonder where this extra vote of confidence came from?? Trust me, she just didn't "git gud" overnight- well technically she did cause of Savini, if you ask me.

Now my story may be perceived as a one-time occurrence, but looking back on all my encounters with Savini whether it be pre-freebie or post freebie, players that use him have great success in killing nearly all if not most counselors.  I honestly can't recall a time where more than 3 or 4 counselors escaped a Savini.  As much as I would like to believe the players I encountered using him are very good at playing Jason, it's not a realistic thought.  The female I spoke of earlier is case in point.  

I just want to be clear that I do not complain or am complaining about Savini- I am just posting my observation/theory.  Something does seem different or special about him, and it's not his skin or the fact he was supposed to be a backer exclusive.  There may be something in his game mechanics, I believe.  

Do you know what's most scary about him?  HIS WEAPON STRENGTH IS ACTUALLY BROKEN!!  If you think the "Savini is too OP" argument is a little too much now, wait until this gets fixed!

6 minutes ago, Ker Juice said:

Idk guys- I used to share the same sentiment that no Jason is better than the next, but there is something about Savini that leads me to believe he may be ahead of the curve.  I can't put my finger on it, exactly.  I got him through the Xbox 1 debacle a week or so ago, and I must say playing with him is a lot of fun.  I only used him twice.  I can see why competitive players find him appealing.  Anyways- let me put things in perspective: I used to run with the same group of players every night and one person in particular was never a good Jason. She would use Part 6, which is highly recommended (I don't know why- his morph sucks ass) and struggled often to kill half the lobby, let alone me.  Now comes free Savini and guess what?  She's killing more than half the lobby with myself included, and talking shit to boot.  Hmmm, wonder where this extra vote of confidence came from?? Trust me, she just didn't "git gud" overnight- well technically she did cause of Savini, if you ask me.

Now my story may be perceived as a one-time occurrence, but looking back on all my encounters with Savini whether it be pre-freebie or post freebie, players that use him have great success in killing nearly all if not most counselors.  I honestly can't recall a time where more than 3 or 4 counselors escaped a Savini.  As much as I would like to believe the players I encountered using him are very good at playing Jason, it's not a realistic thought.  The female I spoke of earlier is case in point.  

I just want to be clear that I do not complain or am complaining about Savini- I am just posting my observation/theory.  Something does seem different or special about him, and it's not his skin or the fact he was supposed to be a backer exclusive.  There may be something in his game mechanics, I believe.  

Do you know what's most scary about him?  HIS WEAPON STRENGTH IS ACTUALLY BROKEN!!  If you think the "Savini is too OP" argument is a little too much now, wait until this gets fixed!

He's not any better. He's actually worse in my opinion. Garbage grip strength. And gets stunned easier than any other Jason. 

Wait. Are we really talking about grip strength as a negative? There are several insta-kills that make grip strength totally irrelevant. High-end Jason players exclusively use those kills because they are 1) quick and 2) virtually guaranteed to go off regardless of grip strength. So using that as an argument against Savini Jason doesn't really work.

Also +Shift and +Destruction are arguably the two most important strengths in the game... and he has them both. Not only can he keep up pressure on counselors by breaking down doors quickly, but he can also keep immense pressure on them outdoors by having a shift that recharges more quickly, moves faster than regular shifts, and covers longer distances.

Weapons strength allows him to kill counselors faster with weapon strikes, which is super important when you have counselors teaming up for objectives. Also the weapon reach itself is a boon compared to all other Jasons besides Part 6 because it gives you a lot more tools in your toolbox in terms of preventing counselors from going in windows, hitting counselors through windows if they make it inside, and keeping them at bay in combat stance so they can't get close enough to you to hit/stun you.

As far as stun chance goes, anything you are noticing is purely anecdotal. He does not have stun resistance listed as a weakness. He gets stunned no more often than any other Jason except for Part 3, who has a stun resistance weakness.

He has the best positives in the game and none of his negatives matter. If you can't see that, I really don't know what to tell you.

35 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

Wait. Are we really talking about grip strength as a negative? There are several insta-kills that make grip strength totally irrelevant. High-end Jason players exclusively use those kills because they are 1) quick and 2) virtually guaranteed to go off regardless of grip strength. So using that as an argument against Savini Jason doesn't really work.

I am only focusing on one point in your answer. I am not disregarding what you said by any means, but we both know every point you made has been said, countered, said again, and countered again numerous times on this board. I think your choice of words in the sentence highlighted may have been a little off. Jason players that are just looking for quick kills to power level, get badges, or "beat" the game do the head-punch or one-handed choke kills because they are quick and do not require much space. Most high-end Jason players look for environmental kills, Jason-specific kills, and ways to make the game more interesting and fun. I don't consider myself to be very good at playing Jason, I am average. But I will not use a quick-kill against a counselor unless: (a) I am being ganged up on and need to dispatch one or two quickly or (b) I have a counselor cornered in a tight spot and I get a notification that another counselor has messed up a skill check, gotten the car started, or called the cops. The people I play with consider those kills and hack and slash kills to be cheap. We won't berate other players for using them, but we will talk mondo-shit if somebody in our little group abuses those types of kills.

Everyone agrees that when you talk about the "power stats", Savini Jason has them. He's also slow as shit, and if you miss a grab after a morph you're shit outta luck. 

DialM likes this

I do think Savini is the strongest Jason in the game - his strengths are mostly fantastic, and his weaknesses are mostly meh.  Grip strength only comes into play if you're hauling a high composure character around looking for a cool place to kill them.  

That being said, I have heard people say some pretty fantastical stuff about how you're more likely to get picked to BE Jason if you have Savini selected, and people think all of his powers just work better than any other Jason in the game and stuff.  I don't know how there's quite so much misinformation about him.

I think Savini has the best pro list compared to all the Jasons but its all on how you use him.  I saw people use him when he was free and they complained on how awful he is but they were using him all wrong.  It all depends on the user but I do believe he has the best line up of pro's right now in this patch version than the rest of the Jasons.  

I see people talking about "insta kills" as Jason. Which kills are they? And how can you tell? 

1 hour ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

I see people talking about "insta kills" as Jason. Which kills are they? And how can you tell? 

Really fast kills like the choke or head punch or window toss that don't have a long animation.

They also tend to light up the button press anywhere instead of walking around after you grabbed a councilor looking for flat ground or open space to perform the kills.

9 hours ago, Ker Juice said:

I'm qouting you just becaue the story about the girl who alway use pt 6 and found better success with Savini.

Here it goes... A huge reason that might have been, is because he has plus destruction, he can break down lock doors in 3 hits, that is huge in this game! Breaking down doors quicker, eats up a lot less time, and plus also makes the campers panic more which causes them to make more knee jerk decisions that could impact alot on their game, yet alone his music is very intense and rarely heard by most.  Part 6 is really a bad jason to use by someone who is not a strong player as Jason. He is slow, his weapon has range, but the destruction power of it, is probably the worse in the game. I would suggest sticking to part 3 is someone wasn't good at jason and wanted to get better.  I feel like i side tracking myself here, sorry.. But i feel alot of people feeling that Savini is best is just due to his plus destruction. I've seen countless people say around here and in game about him breaking down doors in 3 hits being the main reason they feel his is the most powerful, kind of like they are not aware that another Jason can do the exact same thing and possibly even quicker, which would be part 8 (my personal favorite) i would say he is arguably the best Jason, and perhaps  the least used and  talked about Jason out of the group. I would bet almost anything that you could use part 8 and then Savini and either play better with 8 or recognize that they are very on par with each other.