2fast4u

So sad how many are still misinformed about savini jason

42 posts in this topic

i still get these comments everyday

"he has superpowers"  

"he's the quickest jason in the game"

"all his stats are to the max"

"he breaks down doors the fastest"

"its unfair"

"pay2play"

 

Feel free to add your own comments you have heard from other players. If only they knew the truth. It still takes skill amd strategy to play savini jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I agree, the topic has been discussed to death. Not sure if there's still an open thread for it. But yes...it's indeed sad that many people still don't seem to understand that there are still better options than Savini Jason.

I've gotten to the point that I just own the "pay2win" comments. Chumps should have coughed up the $6 while they could.

RandallFlagg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Camp_Blood_Killer said:

Sorry for being a "Chump" about not even knowing about the game until I bought my playstation and heard about the game, this was less than 2 months ago. your really kinda of a "us vs them" type of person aren't you?

I didn't realize you were one of the people OP was alluding to.

But if you're gonna cry and attack people who own certain DLC and ignorantly label them "pay2win"...yeah, you're a chump.

Again, I never said that was you. Do you attack people for having Savini Jason?

RandallFlagg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"he has superpowers"  True. As do all Jasons.

"he's the quickest jason in the game" He shares the fastest Shift regen in the game, so this is true.

"all his stats are to the max" No, but it's close. Of the relevant skills (Destruction, Weapon Strength, Weapon Reach, Shift, Morph, and Traps) he has all but the latter two at max values, and no drawbacks to those either. No other Jason comes close to this.

"he breaks down doors the fastest" Alongside 8, true.

"its unfair" True in the strict definition that he confers an exclusive advantage.

"pay2play" Wrong. The term is "pay2win", which again, in a strict definition is correct.

 

I think the person who has the misconceptions is you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

absolutely not, I appreciate that they tried to do something for the backers. I do feel that since so many ppl have it either re-issue codes and pull all non-backed SJ or just release it for $9.99 or whatever and get some more money for more content. I do think he should be a skin and not a completely new Jason. I would have gladly paid $7 for him, heck i'd pay $50 for him, for me the game will never be complete until I can play all Jasons. 

My point is not everybody is on Reddit and I was on facebook alot and NEVER EVER ONCE did I hear about this game. Wished I did because I would have donated and would have bought any and everything they were offering. But that's life and I get it, I may be a little salty about it being sold to some, it being sold on ebay and it being free DLC on xbox or gamesharing, that yeah i'm salty about, just for not being able to buy it myself.

 

 

gtdjlocker311 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Camp_Blood_Killer said:

absolutely not, I appreciate that they tried to do something for the backers. I do feel that since so many ppl have it either re-issue codes and pull all non-backed SJ or just release it for $9.99 or whatever and get some more money for more content. I do think he should be a skin and not a completely new Jason. I would have gladly paid $7 for him, heck i'd pay $50 for him, for me the game will never be complete until I can play all Jasons. 

My point is not everybody is on Reddit and I was on facebook alot and NEVER EVER ONCE did I hear about this game. Wished I did because I would have donated and would have bought any and everything they were offering. But that's life and I get it, I may be a little salty about it being sold to some, it being sold on ebay and it being free DLC on xbox or gamesharing, that yeah i'm salty about, just for not being able to buy it myself.

 

 

None of those other methods of obtaining him were intended. Mistakes were made by Sony and Microsoft releasing him on their stores. There's been no such leak on PC and to this day, only backers have him on PC (or people who bought a code on ebay).

It's unfortunate you didn't see anything about this game during it's Kickstarter and Backerkit phases...There was basically a month of "Pre-Order while you still can" promos on social media and even gaming sites. Not sure how people missed it. If you're a hardcore horror fan in general, game news and updates were posted all over the more popular sites...Not sure what else they could have done aside from putting the pre-orders up on PSN and Xbox Live. But due to the nature of the game's development, they couldn't do that.

Some people have insinuated that these "leaks" were done purposely to give others a chance to obtain Savini...If that's the case, whatever. I'm not bothered that people got something I backed and paid for. 

But attacking those who DO have him is petty AND ignorant. I just laugh it off at this point. Getting a nice 8/8 with him only makes it better.

RandallFlagg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(tried to edit to my post, but forum wouldn't let me) Also like I said i'm a HUGE F13 fan. I wear a Jason hockey mask ring, paint and age hockey masks and sell props horror related (also work with the owner of several spook houses in my area, yes a Jason themed room ;) )

so yeah I would have thrown cash their way, and I am one of the few that maybe would like to see more content / glitches fixed, still have tremendous respect for the devs. They brought my favorite psychotic serial killer to life.

RandallFlagg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew about this game in its infancy when it was Slasher Vol. 1, and was very excited about it.  Being very old school, I was reluctant to donate to a Kickstarter because I honestly just didn't trust the whole idea of giving money far in advance of receiving a product.  This is my own shortcoming, and not something I would blame anyone else for.  So I knowingly allowed the chance to buy Savini and the clothing pack to pass without partaking, even though part of me really wanted to.

 

I knew I missed out on them and accepted that others who showed more faith in this upstart project would get them.  No big deal.

 

However, now that many other Johnny-come-latelys have acquired the skins (whether intentionally on the part of Gun or not doesn't matter), I think the rest of us, particularly those of us who were day-one buyers, should have the chance to purchase these extras, which are no longer "exclusive" anyway.

Camp_Blood_Killer likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

"he has superpowers"  Obviously not.

"he's the quickest jason in the game" He shares the fastest Shift regen, so is true.

"all his stats are to the max" No, but it's close. Of the relevant skills (Destruction, Weapon Strength, Weapon Reach, Shift, Morph, and Traps) he has all but the latter at max values, and no drawback to the ones that aren't.

"he breaks down doors the fastest" Alongside 8, true.

"its unfair" True in the strict definition that he confers an exclusive advantage.

 

19 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

"pay2play" Wrong. The term is "pay2win", which again, in a strict definition is correct.

point is his best strengths are shared with other jasons that are available to EVERYONE. He isnt the strongest in any single category unless you consider sharing as strongest. Jason 8 breaks own doors just as fast.Jason 9s shift is just as good.

 

His stats are no where near to the max not even close. He is the slowest jason in the game aside from part 7. 

 

and yes i meant to say pay2win and that is completely untrue when savini doesnt guarantee a 7/7 or 8/8

RandallFlagg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard Savini Jason does your homework and has an instakill noobs button. Unconfirmed as I missed kickstarter and don't own an xbox.

I actually have not been in a match with a Savini Jason on PC.

Since I have been killed 47 times in 50 matches, what can I say, my Tommy runs straight for Jason, I am going to say that at once I suck and also, Non Savini Jasons are also the win.

aurllcooljay likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2fast4u said:

It still takes skill amd strategy to play savini jason.

So what? The basic gripe is it's a uniquely good set of pros/cons locked behind a (now closed) paywall, which is indisputably true.

And really, I don't think it's even the fact there's a particularly good set of Jason pros/cons reserved for backers so much as it the fact that the game was not sold that way. It was sold to non-backers in a false but much more palatable form, that being in essence, 'Oh, don't worry - there's no gameplay effect or anything, it's just a unique skin for backers.'  NES Jason is a skin, Savini is not. 

If Gun had the balls to admit what they were going to do - make a really great Jason available to backers only, not just a really cool skin for an otherwise available Jason - before launch...it's all good. They'd have taken a beating for reserving gameplay benefits for a select group, and they'd have sold fewer games (maybe a lot fewer, maybe only a couple fewer), but they'd have taken a position they had every right to take, told people what it was, and let the chips fall where they may.

What they did instead reeks of saying what they knew would be easiest for non-backers to swallow when deciding whether to spend $40, even when they knew it to be false. That tends to piss people off, and rightfully so.

 

There's an easy fix. Release a re-skin of Savini that unlocks for everyone at lvl 101, keeping the Savini skin as an option for backers only. They did it with NES Jason in less than 2 months, so we know it's not too hard even for this...challenged...team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

I knew about this game in its infancy when it was Slasher Vol. 1, and was very excited about it.  Being very old school, I was reluctant to donate to a Kickstarter because I honestly just didn't trust the whole idea of giving money far in advance of receiving a product.  This is my own shortcoming, and not something I would blame anyone else for.  So I knowingly allowed the chance to buy Savini and the clothing pack to pass without partaking, even though part of me really wanted to.

 

I knew I missed out on them and accepted that others who showed more faith in this upstart project would get them.  No big deal.

 

However, now that many other Johnny-come-latelys have acquired the skins (whether intentionally on the part of Gun or not doesn't matter), I think the rest of us, particularly those of us who were day-one buyers, should have the chance to purchase these extras, which are no longer "exclusive" anyway.

Those other releases weren't intentional and therefore those things should remain exclusive. No need to punish the backers because things didn't go as planned.

There will be other content and Jasons for those who missed out. Physical discs are already getting an exclusive skin us backers don't get without paying more. That's the nature of the beast (known as the gaming industry).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

So what? The basic gripe is it's a uniquely good set of pros/cons locked behind a (now closed) paywall, which is indisputably true.

And really, I don't think it's even the fact there's a particularly good set of Jason pros/cons reserved for backers so much as it the fact that the game was not sold that way. It was sold to non-backers in a false but much more palatable form, that being in essence, 'Oh, don't worry - there's no gameplay effect or anything, it's just a unique skin for backers.'  NES Jason is a skin, Savini is not. 

If Gun had the balls to admit what they were going to do - make a really great Jason available to backers only, not just a really cool skin for an otherwise available Jason - before launch...it's all good. They'd have taken a beating for reserving gameplay benefits for a select group, and they'd have sold fewer games (maybe a lot fewer, maybe only a couple fewer), but they'd have taken a position they had every right to take, told people what it was, and let the chips fall where they may.

What they did instead reeks of saying what they knew would be easiest for non-backers to swallow when deciding whether to spend $40, even when they knew it to be false. That tends to piss people off, and rightfully so.

 

There's an easy fix. Release a re-skin of Savini that unlocks for everyone at lvl 101, keeping the Savini skin as an option for backers only. They did it with NES Jason in less than 2 months, so we know it's not too hard even for this...challenged...team.

My whole point is the views of those who have never played as him before. they are completely misinformed and think savini is a guaranteed 7/7 or 8/8 kills which is complete bullshit. If the cops get called savini is done. You cant stop a whole group of people coming at you with terrible morph and slow speed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 2fast4u said:

My whole point is the views of those who have never played as him before. they are completely misinformed and think savini is a guaranteed 7/7 or 8/8 kills which is complete bullshit. If the cops get called savini is done. You cant stop a whole group of people coming at you with terrible morph and slow speed. 

If they think he's a guaranteed 7/7 or 8/8, they're wrong. But there's no evidence that's what most people's Savini gripe actually is. So, keep trashing that strawman, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Savini Jason. And his weak grip strength makes him pretty worthless. There are better Jasons. And Gun never said he was just a skin. They made it a point to repeatedly say he was an entirely different Jason. Not a skin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His weaker grip strength isn't an issue for me at all. Assuming people don't quit when they see him enter the camp, I usually always clear the board with him especially. In fact, I'd say I do play the best with Savini Jason.

And I do encounter the occasional jealous douche that has a negative comment. Sometimes I just ignore it, other times I'll make it a point to kill them first just to piss 'em off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having played all the Jason's fairly recently to get the achievement, I'd say I'm about the same with all of them except 6 and 7.

I certainly enjoy playing Savini and 8 the most, though.

RandallFlagg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had a few incidents using him. I had a guy one time argue that I must of grabbed him on the PS store leak. When I told him I had the backer clothes to go along with it, he told me that doesn't prove anything. The other incidents I have had are pay to win comments. My favorite was yesterday I hopped in a group and some dudes started bitching. I told them heaven forbid that people who backed the game get some kind of thank you reward. I switched to random Jason and went 8/8 with J2. I told them after the match, that its not pay to win that I play to win. I was told I was an asshole.

I have had positive experiences. People who ooooo and ahhhh. I have had a few councilors ask if I mind doing a specific weapon kill so they could see it.

AldermachXI likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ Same here. I've had some cool groups that love seeing Savini Jason and others that just want to bitch about it every five seconds. I've even had some that wanted to knock the mask off to see his face and then let me kill them so I happily honored their request.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Camp_Blood_Killer said:

 paint and age hockey masks 

I just got into doing that. I have only done two so far, but i do plan on doing every mask in the series minus uber jason.

Camp_Blood_Killer likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Savini Jason is like dog shit these days, he's everywhere.Cant play a game without seeing like 4 in the lobby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd happily pay a few bucks for him but understand why they aren't putting him on sale.  Jealous of people lucky enough to be online when he was accidentally released.  And I get why people say he is so good.  Most matches where he gets picked most people die in my experience.  But he can be beat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This again? Hasn't this horse been flogged, beaten to death, buried, dug up, resurrected, chopped into little bits, glued back together, resurrected again, set on fire, and had it's ashes spread into the wind that you can faintly hear whispering, "It's not fair! I don't have one!"?!?

Seriously, I don't know why people are still so worked up about Savini Jason. It's been proven countless times that he is not the all-powerful, un-escapable demi-god that some people have made him out to be. He's a strong, savage, slow-as-shit, lumbering pile of rage. That just happens to look cool as hell! I don't have him either, but, I do enjoy it when he shows up in a match. Just last weekend, I was the last counselor left. I had at least 7 minutes to go, no health sprays, no fuse, no knives, and no way out. I asked the guy playing Jason to ram the pitchfork through my skull as I had never seen the kill outside of streamers doing it. He was happy to oblige. It was awesome! ☠️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now