2fast4u

What perks do you use most?

58 posts in this topic

I use AJ, with average preparedness/medic, and an rare level Lightfoot, which I'm pretty sure keeps me from pinging at all. If not, that's too bad. And the first two help the team, too.

I play as AJ.....

Rare Thick-Skin: +42% 

Epic Sucker Punch: +25% Stun

Rare Level-Headed: +19% Sense Avoidance

I always play as Jenny and I use escape artist on her. It gives me a fighting chance if the Jason looks for an environmental kill. Then Sense avoidance, and marathon. 

7 hours ago, Shadesofjoe said:

For me, every character gets Psychic, Thick Skinned, and Medic.

You mean CHAD? ;P

15 minutes ago, Ricky said:

You mean CHAD? ;P

Sometimes I play in lobbies where we require a random counselor. :)

Epic Preparedness, and various others. I experiment, but usually come back to perks to help keep fear low. I use A.J. a lot and use the map to plot my course of action to maximize searching away from the other counselors and to keep away from objectives in the first part of the match that Jason will likely morph to.

15 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I currently have 14% Lightfoot and I see pings on A.J.'s minimap, but I don't know if those actually show up for Jason.

14% nice! My lightfoot is 12% and I notice a tiny little ping when sprinting so I have no idea if he can see it. I only sprint when being chased or making a bee line for something...ugh I wish we knew. 

Stealth Tiff=Best Tiff

6 hours ago, PrettyBoyNick said:

14% nice! My lightfoot is 12% and I notice a tiny little ping when sprinting so I have no idea if he can see it. I only sprint when being chased or making a bee line for something...ugh I wish we knew. 

Stealth Tiff=Best Tiff

My light foot perk is a 30% or 20% with 0 negative 

1 hour ago, Moe9999633 said:

My light foot perk is a 30% or 20% with 0 negative 

Wow. I didn't know Light Foot could get that high. Is it an "old" perk?

On 8/9/2017 at 6:31 PM, 2fast4u said:

i like to stack all my epic stealth type perks as deborah. Stack all my epic weapon or stamina perks as bugzy. Stack all epic stamina with vanessa. Helps tremendously.

I'm with you- I use perks to boost the counselors strengths to perfection or near perfection.  It really makes a counselor shine in their respective roles.  Using perks that are not epic to boost a weakness, is a waste of a slot IMO.  Anything below EPIC gives minimal help in a very weak area.  A rare Tinkering perk doesn't even put the likes of Vanessa on the same level as A.J for repairs. It'll give you a couple of less prompts for the QTE, but what good is that when they are all still thin as bread slices?

14 hours ago, PrettyBoyNick said:

Stealth Tiff=Best Tiff

Yeah, the only ping I've seen literally doesn't expand past the edges of my in game cursor on the minimap, and that's at full sprint with some fear, so I think that's enough.

Thick skin always even after the change still like the damage reduction % side note about the change to thick skin bummed me out the most to have 48% and 2% stumble chance to go to 19% and 2% still kind of feel like the negative should have gotten changes a bit as well... but 

Spatial Awareness a perk I think a lot of people consider useless but helps keep Chad and some other stumbly characters from tripping all the time and plus it's eats up the negative attribute from my thick skin.

Medic only because someone elegantly put it that it basically acts like a fourth inventory spot once you have a health spray so it's a numbers game really why not have "4" items in my inventory and this obviously changes to as many as 6 inventory slots if you have 3 health sprays which I would argue is rude to hoard em all but I'm just talking about numbers and perks right now.

I also like to use marathon on Adam and Kenny being able to run a bit longer has definitely been the difference in making it to a cabin in time or not. 

My dads a cop is reserved for El Chappa and Debbie cakes.  I always play random so it's more of a suicide repair game if I draw El Chappa or Deb.

2 hours ago, Ker Juice said:

I'm with you- I use perks to boost the counselors strengths to perfection or near perfection.  It really makes a counselor shine in their respective roles.  Using perks that are not epic to boost a weakness, is a waste of a slot IMO.  Anything below EPIC gives minimal help in a very weak area.  A rare Tinkering perk doesn't even put the likes of Vanessa on the same level as A.J for repairs. It'll give you a couple of less prompts for the QTE, but what good is that when they are all still thin as bread slices?

I wish I knew it was rare when I sold mine during the first week of the game. 

15 hours ago, PrettyBoyNick said:

Wow. I didn't know Light Foot could get that high. Is it an "old" perk?

Nope it was added when the game came out (it wasn't in the beta)

On 8/11/2017 at 10:58 AM, Shadesofjoe said:

For me, every character gets Psychic, Thick Skinned, and Medic.

why psychic? you can usually find a walkie pretty early

5 hours ago, 7theye said:

why psychic? you can usually find a walkie pretty early

I tend to go entire games without finding them sometimes. And I'm pretty good about clearing houses. 

Im sure we can all agree that Thick skin is at the top of the list as most use by mostly lots of players.;)

Depends on what slot is working this week ;) 

just kidding.

I use the chance to avoid sense when crouched, in case Jason pops up and im out doors.

stamina regen

and i switch the 3rd one out from time to time.

My main is Deb. I dont see the point of starting with a walkie or map. Map location is static on all 3 maps and there is usually such an abundance of walkies that usually you find 1 to 2 in each cabin. Or the infamous lone drawer in a ramsacked cabin will have 1 of these 2. And before someone says, "I like to communicate from the start" Usually early game everyone is getting items and also most are hiding from Jason when he is trapping near their cabin, so they are silent on coms til he leaves anyway.