Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PowellCampsNAKED

Trolling keys, gas, battery Solution! OH NO!!

26 posts in this topic

Ok we all know with this new fix to team killing, is now moving the trolls to the next available thing which will be grabbing items such as keys or gas and without being able to get killed by others they will purposely just walk around with them to piss people off...why? I don't know why kids do this, maybe because they are mad with their life and it's the only way they can relieve stress!?!?

anyways, 

An idea to make it so people don't troll keys or gas or battery in this situation! What if you can still hit them say 3-5 times  without inflicting damage but they then they kind of jolt / stun for say 2 seconds and drop said item?

And now for my title OH NO part!

will people start abusing the stun or even abusing people just so they start dropping items? I don't know. Will we see a bunch of team non lethal whackers out there with this new fix anyways?? I don't know yet lol

thoughts guys?

So let me get this straight.

You want a system that allows the people holding or trying to complete an objective to be able to be hit and forced to drop an item? I assume you want them marked so as to show if they have keys or a fuse?

Sounds great.

I don't think there is a way the griefer can exploit that at all.

1 hour ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Ok we all know with this new fix to team killing, is now moving the trolls to the next available thing which will be grabbing items such as keys or gas and without being able to get killed by others they will purposely just walk around with them to piss people off...why? I don't know why kids do this, maybe because they are mad with their life and it's the only way they can relieve stress!?!?

anyways, 

An idea to make it so people don't troll keys or gas or battery in this situation! What if you can still hit them say 3-5 times  without inflicting damage but they then they kind of jolt / stun for say 2 seconds and drop said item?

will people start abusing the stun or even abusing people just so they start dropping items? I don't know. Will we see a bunch of team non lethal whackers out there with this new fix anyways?? I don't know yet lol

thoughts guys?

Just draw Jason to your area and hopefully you make it out and they don't. I don't like the stun idea at all.

9 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Just draw Jason to your area and hopefully you make it out and they don't.

Sounds an awful lot like the bannable offense of deliberately helping Jason.

PowellCampsNAKED likes this

14 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Sounds an awful lot like the bannable offense of deliberately helping Jason.

Deliberately Helping Jason is a tricky one...Luring Jason to other counselors most definitely isn't considered that.

Even if you TELL Jason "Hey, they're gassing up the 4 seater right now" it's not considered that...You could easily be lying to Jason as I often do, without any knowledge of what's actually happening at the car. You just say it to hopefully get him to leave in favor of something more important. I say things like "Yeah, go ahead and fix it, he's busy chasing me like a dummy" all the time. You'd be amazed how often it works.

And I'm usually doing this in games where no one else is using their mic. I never intentionally send Jason to where I know the other counselors are. It might happen by coincidence sometimes though. Oh well :P

As far as trolling objectives parts goes...that WILL be easily captured, reviewed, and result in a ban. I've also been in favor of some sort of visual indicator as to who has what parts. It would help for micless teamwork much like emotes. You'd see who has gas/battery/keys and could then know to head towards objectives to provide backup. Especially now that there's no TK, there's no harm in showing it.

Like they said: We can't have nice things. If you play Private it's not even an issue.

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Deliberately Helping Jason is a tricky one...Luring Jason to other counselors most definitely isn't considered that.

Even if you TELL Jason "Hey, they're gassing up the 4 seater right now" it's not considered that...You could easily be lying to Jason as I often do, without any knowledge of what's actually happening at the car. You just say it to hopefully get him to leave in favor of something more important. I say things like "Yeah, go ahead and fix it, he's busy chasing me like a dummy" all the time. You'd be amazed how often it works.

And I'm usually doing this in games where no one else is using their mic. I never intentionally send Jason to where I know the other counselors are. It might happen by coincidence sometimes though. Oh well :P

Any Jason who bases his actions on what a counselor says is a moron. Jason should only be going on audio cues and visuals on the map!

Just now, Vaderspupil said:

Any Jason who bases his actions on what a counselor says is a moron. Jason should only be going on audio cues and visuals on the map!

True. Still works a lot of the time though. There's also the odd time where someone hears my lie over the mic and actually does what I say since they know Jason is busy chasing me, so he'll then leave assuming they did give him some sort of cue.

It's actually one of the more interesting tactics to use. People who catch me doing it on stream find it amusing.

Does this not already occur?  I mean, it sounds like you guys are speculating that this will only occur after the team killing is gone.  What has stop people for doing this exact thing from the beginning? Or are you guys just assuming it would become a bigger issue and happen more frequently than it does?  

PowellCampsNAKED likes this

3 minutes ago, ryanmc564 said:

Does this not already occur?  I mean, it sounds like you guys are speculating that this will only occur after the team killing is gone.  What has stop people for doing this exact thing from the beginning? Or are you guys just assuming it would become a bigger issue and happen more frequently than it does?  

The issue is, before trolls could be killed to drop the items they were playing keep away with.  Now, other than Jason killing them, there is nothing to stop them from picking up items for objectives and preventing anyone from using them.

Just now, Vaderspupil said:

The issue is, before trolls could be killed to drop the items they were playing keep away with.  Now, other than Jason killing them, there is nothing to stop them from picking up items for objectives and preventing anyone from using them.

I understand that, but i saw someone mention about taking items to a room and locking the door behind them and going out a window thats out of reach from the outside. There is literally nothing you can do to counter that, and that could be done from the start, but i have never heard of that being a issue. 

1 hour ago, ryanmc564 said:

I personally think it may become more of an issue for a little bit, once team killing is removed- but it should quickly subside.  I can see these type of players (hopefully) setting up their own private matches to battle each other.

3 hours ago, ryanmc564 said:

I understand that, but i saw someone mention about taking items to a room and locking the door behind them and going out a window thats out of reach from the outside. There is literally nothing you can do to counter that, and that could be done from the start, but i have never heard of that being a issue. 

Oh yeah they could do that in the packanack kitchen, but I don't THINK I've ever come across it...

Could also be done in the Higgins downstairs rooms. Thankfully I don't think it can be done on Camp Crystal Lake.

I really don't see this being anymore of an issue than it is now. People already run items out into the woods and just leave them there or die with them. So it's still not new, but I don't think objective pieces should be marked or anything like that though.

9 hours ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

anyways, 

thoughts guys?

I personally think this is a bad idea. You would have more people just running around stunning legit players than you would having people using it how you intended. If people want to hold onto items after TK is removed, not much you can do. People without mics are already holding your keys and fuse hostage now without even knowing it. I think once TK is removed, most asshole players who are killing will move onto the next big FPS that launches and the amount of key item hostage takers will be very minimum.

My original idea was, instead of taking away team killing just make it when you either do it on accident or on purpose you now have to finish the session with only being able to pick up helpful items, that way no one will ever want to try and do it but it can still happen!

or maybe you go to a holding cell in basement and if no one gets you out you either die from not finishing the session or jason can get you or if the police arrive you automatically go to jail and loose 5,000 xp 

Posted (edited)

Trolls are going to troll plain and simple. Now we cant do anything about it. I would have preferred sticking players with bad teammate kill ratios into bad sport lobbys til they improve their ratios. Its going to be annoying seeing someone in a glitch and theres not a thing I can do about it other than watch them for the remainder of the time. 

Edited by K3ys3r S0z3
Spelling or attempted to

1 hour ago, K3ys3r S0z3 said:

Trolls are going to troll plain and simple. Now we cant do anything about it. I would have preferred sticking players with bad teammate kill ratios into bad sport lobbys til they improve their ratios. Its going to be annoying seeing someone in a glitch and theres not a thing I can do about it other than watch them for the remainder of the time. 

I'm sure trolling in that fashion will be added to the list of bannable offences. Just record them trolling, send to the e-mail given, and they'll be dealt with. And unlike some of the other offences, this will be easy to prove...Capture footage of them intentionally running parts into the woods, away from other Counselors asking for it / leading them to objectives, and poof! Banned.

Plus...people will only do this a few times before the entire lobby turns on them. I think it's an easier problem to deal with than a lot of the stuff we deal with now.

LadySansaLannister likes this

I haven't read all the replies but...

I have never killed another counselor for an item.

Seriously, not once. Never needed to. If they're trolling with parts I haven't noticed. It's not a cool thing to do if they are, but don't you just adapt to the game as it plays out? Fuses still get stuck in the ground. A player told me last night the fuse he had got stuck about 10-15 feet in the air when he was killed. I'm not saying it couldn't potentially be an issue but it would be far less satisfying for trolls than just killing someone. I don't think hoarding parts will ever reach teamkilling levels.

52 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I haven't read all the replies but...

I have never killed another counselor for an item.

Seriously, not once. Never needed to. If they're trolling with parts I haven't noticed. It's not a cool thing to do if they are, but don't you just adapt to the game as it plays out? Fuses still get stuck in the ground. A player told me last night the fuse he had got stuck about 10-15 feet in the air when he was killed. I'm not saying it couldn't potentially be an issue but it would be far less satisfying for trolls than just killing someone. I don't think hoarding parts will ever reach teamkilling levels.

It would get boring after a while to them, and trolls mostly want the quickest method to piss people off. They're probably going to try to compensate by the fixing the cars and running over players with them, but that requires a lot of effort too, especially if you're playing a low repair character.

bewareofbears likes this

If someone has the car keys then there should be a KEY icon above their head, invisible to Jason of course, so we can know who has the car keys. The dev could also limit the time someone can hold the petrol can and battery. We also need to know where these things are once they are removed from there original position. This is because one way cheats help their friend who is playing Jason is to take and keep or dispose of important items by dumping them somewhere on the map. So wherever the petrol can or battery are dropped they should show up on the map. In the Summary they should also say who has keys, battery, petrol and maybe even put the name of whoever fixed things nest to the objective so we know who put in battery etc.

3 minutes ago, Peter1970 said:

If someone has the car keys then there should be a KEY icon above their head, invisible to Jason of course, so we can know who has the car keys. The dev could also limit the time someone can hold the petrol can and battery. We also need to know where these things are once they are removed from there original position. This is because one way cheats help their friend who is playing Jason is to take and keep or dispose of important items by dumping them somewhere on the map. So wherever the petrol can or battery are dropped they should show up on the map. In the Summary they should also say who has keys, battery, petrol and maybe even put the name of whoever fixed things nest to the objective so we know who put in battery etc.

Nahhh I'd rather keep it realistic to find items and ask someone if they have the keys rather than seeing icons

2 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Nahhh I'd rather keep it realistic to find items and ask someone if they have the keys rather than seeing icons

Are the cheats going to admit to you they have the keys? Will they always have and use a mic? Nahhh I don't think so.

I've never encountered anyone doing this, and I don't see it becoming a thing, but if people don't stop bringing it up for no reason...