lHeartBreakerl

maps
Fast paced variant maps

182 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Gamers are an impatient bunch. It's nothing new.

Look at how much flak the PUBG devs catch for not releasing things "fast enough" even though they patch weekly and have added content at a decent rate. It's just never fast enough for most people.

And I know I keep using the example, but Battlefield games only make these kinds of content updates seasonally. So that's roughly every 4 months, and they always seem to break something new with every patch.

I can appreciate the enthusiasm from the community. But a lot of the anger is due to their own silly expectations. Gun has done just fine in supporting the game so far. I can wait and see what else they'll bring.

I think a lot of the anger is from people burned by past actions of this company and they are still fresh in our mind, because frankly, a lot of the issues still exist. I remember prior to the launch, watching all the beta videos I could and being excited that one of my favorite franchises of all time was getting a release on current gen machinery. I backed this game and really believed in the devs. And from a design point of view and fun factor, they nailed it.

However, The technical bugs and some of the decisions made, have made me somewhat doubtful of the handling of the game. I don't just randomly attack them or hate this game, in fact, most people love this game and that's why they are so passionate about it. Here is a few examples of things that have disappointed me:

* Clothing DLC pack was rather lackluster. Really bummed out, but it is what it is

* streamers got game days before backers and ruined the Jason kill.

* keys were not handed out to the last minute, not leaving enough time to iron out possible problems

* Launch day and the way servers were for days after. Half the people I convinced to buy the game, couldn't play and got database error.

* Playstation backers got Savini weeks after launch while other's got to play him instantly.

*PS DLC clothing 3 weeks after launch

* Savini leaked on PS store

* NO HOST MIGRATION

* the fact that I have to scour 4 or 5 different websites to get official info, even though they have a dedicated forum.

* Roof glitch,cant kill hiding space glitch, and other various glitches that still exist.

* communication failure when things happen ( xbox savini debacle,deleting posts about it, ect)

*taking away new players right to post here

* half finished content such as retro jason not having a intro or closing video.

I could keep going but I think I have proven my point. Some people still remember all this stuff. It doesn't just go away because they throw a free skin or lackluster mini maps at people. Again, I love this game and hope that with time it gets where it needs to be, but until then they will continue to be met with doubt and anger until things get ironed out. I wish them the best, but until they iron out these issues, people will continue to throw shade their way.

1 hour ago, JPops said:

I ask this question sincerely. What exactly has been rehashed? NES Jason? Sure it's a skin but it does the job. It does not have unique kills and stats but it's still NES Jason with unique chase music. I use NES Jason quite a bit because I just like part 3 anyways but I don't feel like I'm playing Part 3. Other than that nothing has been released yet so how can people be sick of it? The game is approaching 3 months and a single player component is coming out. I could understand if this was just a multiplayer game but all things considered 3 months is a short span of time.

@Splatterhouse that's what you have me here for :P yes, it has not been cramed down anyone's throat but it's coming and it's going to be awesome!

I honestly think NES Jason was a huge letdown. It just seems like a lazy color pallete swap. They didn't even bother to change the intro and outro cutscenes. 

2fast4u likes this

39 minutes ago, Ethan said:

I think a lot of the anger is from people burned by past actions of this company and they are still fresh in our mind, because frankly, a lot of the issues still exist. I remember prior to the launch, watching all the beta videos I could and being excited that one of my favorite franchises of all time was getting a release on current gen machinery. I backed this game and really believed in the devs. And from a design point of view and fun factor, they nailed it.

However, The technical bugs and some of the decisions made, have made me somewhat doubtful of the handling of the game. I don't just randomly attack them or hate this game, in fact, most people love this game and that's why they are so passionate about it. Here is a few examples of things that have disappointed me:

* Clothing DLC pack was rather lackluster. Really bummed out, but it is what it is

* streamers got game days before backers and ruined the Jason kill.

* keys were not handed out to the last minute, not leaving enough time to iron out possible problems

* Launch day and the way servers were for days after. Half the people I convinced to buy the game, couldn't play and got database error.

* Playstation backers got Savini weeks after launch while other's got to play him instantly.

*PS DLC clothing 3 weeks after launch

* Savini leaked on PS store

* NO HOST MIGRATION

* the fact that I have to scour 4 or 5 different websites to get official info, even though they have a dedicated forum.

* Roof glitch,cant kill hiding space glitch, and other various glitches that still exist.

* communication failure when things happen ( xbox savini debacle,deleting posts about it, ect)

*taking away new players right to post here

* half finished content such as retro jason not having a intro or closing video.

I could keep going but I think I have proven my point. Some people still remember all this stuff. It doesn't just go away because they throw a free skin or lackluster mini maps at people. Again, I love this game and hope that with time it gets where it needs to be, but until then they will continue to be met with doubt and anger until things get ironed out. I wish them the best, but until they iron out these issues, people will continue to throw shade their way.

Not to mention there are plenty of other great games out right now. Sure every game can get repetitive, but this game is just stagnant. It's hard to find a reason to play this game outside of a few matches every now and then for me. It's all the same one trick pony at this point.

Ethan likes this

3 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

Not to mention there are plenty of other great games out right now. Sure every game can get repetitive, but this game is just stagnant. It's hard to find a reason to play this game outside of a few matches every now and then for me. It's all the same one trick pony at this point.

I agree. There should of been a few more maps and more guts put into the leveling system. Most of the outfits are so so and after achieving level 31, most players dont see the point in leveling higher. This removes the " carrot on a stick" that most games have to keep you playing.

Hell I would of been content with the pamela tapes unlocking every 10 levels as opposed to this state lottery drawing system that exists for the tapes now.

27 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

I honestly think NES Jason was a huge letdown. It just seems like a lazy color pallete swap. They didn't even bother to change the intro and outro cutscenes. 

To much work on their part.  

Cutting corners and taking the lazy way out.  

9 minutes ago, Ethan said:

I agree. There should of been a few more maps and more guts put into the leveling system. Most of the outfits are so so and after achieving level 31, most players dont see the point in leveling higher. This removes the " carrot on a stick" that most games have to keep you playing.

Hell I would of been content with the pamela tapes unlocking every 10 levels as opposed to this state lottery drawing system that exists for the tapes now.

Agreed.

Also @AldermachXI you keep referencing Battlefield and how it only has seasonal updates, I have one rebuttal for you.

Battlefield actually has a sizeable amount of content in the game to warrant long update periods. It actually has a single player, more than 3 maps all of which are massive, better customization, 64 players battles, great gameplay etc etc. It takes longer for them to make more content for that game because of the size and scope of Battlefield. It actually has a good amount of content to hold people for 4 months.

This game? More than 2 months and it's the same 3 maps with the same 6 Jasons and the same 10 Counselors. The gameplay is fine, but it becomes vastly more repetitive than Battlefield more quickly because of the lack of content the game actually has, but even then the basic gameplay is broken in several areas. This games competitor DbD, had about the same amount of content at its launch and they still introduced a new map, killer, and survivor within a single month, and they steadily released patches, content on a regular basis, as well as having much better PR.

What do we get AFTER more than 2 months?  A silly Jason reskin, some damage control CP points, occasional bug fixes that took way too long to fix, emotes, and 3 rehashed maps that make the game even easier for Jason. This is all either fluff content or reused content, and really doesn't do us or them any favors. Good to see that budget went to simply adding barriers or new walls to existing maps.

Sure, gamers are impatient, but that's solely because there are better options available at this time. The player count on Steam can show you that this game isn't holding anyone's interest aside from Forum Users, die hard fans, and boot lickers. We are tired of the game having such huge potential, but at every single turn they just seem to waste it.

34 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

Agreed.

Also @AldermachXI you keep referencing Battlefield and how it only has seasonal updates, I have one rebuttal for you.

Battlefield actually has a sizeable amount of content in the game to warrant long update periods. It actually has a single player, more than 3 maps all of which are massive, better customization, 64 players battles, great gameplay etc etc. It takes longer for them to make more content for that game because of the size and scope of Battlefield. It actually has a good amount of content to hold people for 4 months.

This game? More than 2 months and it's the same 3 maps with the same 6 Jasons and the same 10 Counselors. The gameplay is fine, but it becomes vastly more repetitive than Battlefield more quickly because of the lack of content the game actually has, but even then the basic gameplay is broken in several areas. This games competitor DbD, had about the same amount of content at its launch and they still introduced a new map, killer, and survivor within a single month, and they steadily released patches, content on a regular basis, as well as having much better PR.

What do we get AFTER more than 2 months?  A silly Jason reskin, some damage control CP points, occasional bug fixes that took way too long to fix, emotes, and 3 rehashed maps that make the game even easier for Jason. This is all either fluff content or reused content, and really doesn't do us or them any favors. Good to see that budget went to simply adding barriers or new walls to existing maps.

Sure, gamers are impatient, but that's solely because there are better options available at this time. The player count on Steam can show you that this game isn't holding anyone's interest aside from Forum Users, die hard fans, and boot lickers. We are tired of the game having such huge potential, but at every single turn they just seem to waste it.

When you compare the cost of a Battlefield game + a season pass compared to this $40 kickstarter game, I'd say they're delivering on par with what the product was intended to be.

This was never intended to be a full fledged competitive multiplayer AAA title. It's essentially an Xbox Live Arcade sort of title. Or something like Telltale Games title. It's a small game. It's made for fans and was never going to hold 10K+ players.

So again, overall, I think this game is delivering more than enough for its price point and for what it is. All these expectations and talk of "potential" land squarely on the user and their vision of the game, which is irrelevant.

You can't expect AAA quality from this game or these developers. It's just not what this game is.

Trish and ryanmc564 like this

12 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

Faster games because of a smaller map. That's pretty much the main point, quick fire rounds where you've really gotta move with little quiet time because Jason's going to find you much easier. They haven't said but it could be a good bet that it'll have a reduced time limit as well.

I mean the current vibe of matches is very little "quiet time" and can be pretty fast paced . As stealth/trying to avoid Jason has been proven to not be a working strategy and pretty pointless, people are already running around without worry and getting in Jason's face quite quickly. It would be nice if stealth was more viable on the bigger maps, and the smaller ones would be for an all out battle against Jason.

How about bigger maps so it'll be more difficult for Jason to find you..

58 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

You can't expect AAA quality from this game or these developers. It's just not what this game is.

Basic competence isn't AAA quality, and our current buggy, glitchy mess doesn't meet even that lower standard.

This game is just as repetitive as the forums. I say it has delivered on players' expectations when every topic has the same list of complaints day in, day out. And while I agree with the complaints, it is just as boring reading them over and over as it is playing Crystal Lake every match.

lHeartBreakerl and matisangry like this

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

When you compare the cost of a Battlefield game + a season pass compared to this $40 kickstarter game, I'd say they're delivering on par with what the product was intended to be.

This was never intended to be a full fledged competitive multiplayer AAA title. It's essentially an Xbox Live Arcade sort of title. Or something like Telltale Games title. It's a small game. It's made for fans and was never going to hold 10K+ players.

So again, overall, I think this game is delivering more than enough for its price point and for what it is. All these expectations and talk of "potential" land squarely on the user and their vision of the game, which is irrelevant.

DbD wasn't made by a AAA studio and is less in cost, but has much better support and PR than this game could achieve at it's current rate.

Hell even Deceit, which has a small population itself, still has nearly weekly updates and it isn't AAA either, and is much cheaper as well. You'd think with the higher cost they could outdo a little indie team right?

Saying it was never made for anyone other than fans is allowing tunnel vision to excuse the piss poor state of the game.

The game not being AAA isn't a valid excuse for its current state, when there are other similar non-AAA games that are cheaper, and have much better support.

6 hours ago, Brigadius said:

With the new upcoming patch removing team killing ...

Wait, what? Are you serious? 

4 hours ago, dandop1984 said:

I think this new mode will only be 5 councillors vs 1 instead of 7 vs 1. And the time will only be 10 minutes instead of 20. I imagine Jason abilities will spawn faster, and maybe his coolddowns will be adjusted?

Cooldowns not being faster is about the only thing I can think of to even the playing field short of removing powers entirely. Probably should remove traps too. 

5 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

DbD wasn't made by a AAA studio and is less in cost, but has much better support and PR than this game couls achieve at it's current rate.

Hell even Deceit, which has a small population itself, still has nearly weekly updates and it isn't AAA either, and is much cheaper as well. You'd think with the higher cost they could outdo a little indie team right?

The game not being AAA isn't a valid excuse for its current state, when there are other similar non-AAA games that are cheaper, and have much better support.

And yet, many of us are (more than) satisfied with the current state of this game...

Different people, different expactations, I guess.

But I've been gaming for a loooong time, and this game has surpassed my expectations, for what it is - a small game by a small dev group.

New maps at the current size would've been much better. Even if they werent canon. This feels like the easiest thing they could add along with the reskins.

Just now, AldermachXI said:

And yet, many of us are (more than) satisfied with the current state of this game...

Different people, different expactations, I guess.

But I've been gaming for a loooong time, and this game has surpt my expectations, for what it is - a small game by a small dev group.

My expectations for a small game made by a small company would also warrant a price for what it is. There are cheaper games with more content and better support. For 40 dollars there's no reason, imo, that the game should be in its current state with minimal content available to play with.

18 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Cooldowns not being faster is about the only thing I can think of to even the playing field short of removing powers entirely. Probably should remove traps too. 

Well we'll have to wait and see how the maps are adjusted. 

Maybe Jasons sense is also nerfed a bit.

although I don't really think it's necessary. I view these small maps as a new Mode that's meant to be more difficult.

So Jason is gonna be constantly tracking you, and objectives will have to be completed under more stress and fighting Jason will be mandatory.

I can't wait! 😁

Post patch, and I still get crashes on PS4 with regularity (anyone else still experiencing this, btw? I'd say I'm lucky to get 4 consecutive games in before it happens) so as it relates to the smaller maps, and conceivably shorter timer - I wonder if this is a way to reduce memory leak related crashes, or rather, if it will have a positive/any affect on it?

13 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

My expectations for a small game made by a small company would also warrant a price for what it is. There are cheaper games with more content and better support. For 40 dollars there's no reason, imo, that the game should be in its current state with minimal content available to play with.

It's been 3 months. 

More content is in the way.

personally one reason why I'm so happy about these small maps is I didn't expect it at all! 

I expected JX, J4 , uber jason, Part 4 map , part 8 map,new heros, new kills, single player etc. 

All that stuff is coming, it's just not ready yet. So we get alternate versions, and I can't wait to try them

AldermachXI likes this

1 hour ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I can dig it. I agree actually. Public matches are not the place for those shenanigans. My private matches are unaffected and I'm cool with it. The two-ish people we had pulling shit, we banned. So everything is kosher here.

55 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

Well we'll have to wait and see how the maps are adjusted. 

Maybe Jasons sense is also nerfed a bit.

although I don't really think it's necessary. I view these small maps as a new Mode that's meant to be more difficult.

So Jason is gonna be constantly tracking you, and objectives will have to be completed under more stress and fighting Jason will be mandatory.

I can't wait! 😁

I'll give it a go before I damn it, but I'll be honest, I'm not excited. 

What I want to hear is that glitches are being fixed (particularly the fuse glitching out of the game) and that Savini is being reigned in. 

On August 8, 2017 at 5:16 PM, lHeartBreakerl said:

So 3 smaller variant maps of the existing maps.

I'll hold out on a final opinion on these until I play on them. But I wont get my hopes up.

Yeah Im not overly excited for them either but would like to be wrong. Worse case the disconnect from host will happen sooner. 

jesus christ. people complain about anything. 

it's free content you won't be forced to use. don't like it? don't play on those maps. it's that simple. 

it doesn't mean glitches aren't being worked on. it doesn't mean new maps aren't coming. 

seriously, folks. it's a fucking video game and an indie one at that. i totally agree this release was botched and there's been a ton of fuck ups but some people, especially non-backers, spend an inordinate amount of time bitching and complaining about the stupidest stuff. 

it's august. winter's right around the corner. go outside and do something other than play games. or if you gotta play games and this one pisses you off so much, go play something else. 

why are so many people subjecting themselves to something they seem to hate so much?!? 

3 minutes ago, matisangry said:

jesus christ. people complain about anything. 

it's free content you won't be forced to use. don't like it? don't play on those maps. it's that simple. 

it doesn't mean glitches aren't being worked on. it doesn't mean new maps aren't coming. 

seriously, folks. it's a fucking video game and an indie one at that. i totally agree this release was botched and there's been a ton of fuck ups but some people, especially non-backers, spend an inordinate amount of time bitching and complaining about the stupidest stuff. 

it's august. winter's right around the corner. go outside and do something other than play games. or if you gotta play games and this one pisses you off so much, go play something else. 

why are so many people subjecting themselves to something they seem to hate so much?!? 

More strongly worded than I would have written it, but I'm on board with the basic idea...

matisangry likes this