lHeartBreakerl

maps
Fast paced variant maps

182 posts in this topic

Sounds neat. Not sure it'll really be for me as I prefer the game how it is. I'm not really looking to make it any more "gamey". And that's what this seems like it'll do. Won't be as "authentic" as what we currently have. Still I'm all for new content, whatever it may be. 

gtdjlocker311 likes this

18 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

I seem to remember an ant and a rubber tree plant with "High Hopes". I hope you are right!

There was once a sign in front of the Amityville house that said "high hopes." 

1 minute ago, Super Ty said:

There was once a sign in front of the Amityville house that's said "high hopes." 

They need to put  some fly tape up in that joint.

I remember when the game was in development I thought it'd have a more close quarters hide and seek element rather than Jason having the heat vision esque sense ability, maybe we're going to see some variants in play style? 

TheReaper666 likes this

I've seen so many people complain that the game is too easy now that they know what they're doing and counselors can escape every time.  This seems like a relatively easy way to change the dynamic and maybe make it a little more challenging since Jason's going to be close all the time.

Whitebabyjoker likes this

Coming soon, new smaller no environment maps plus bonus map.  

Shipping container 

• 1v7 in a shipping container. Can you survive the full 20 minutes? 

Big Rig refrigerated cargo trailer

• 1v7 in an 18 wheelers refrigerated trailer. Will you end up on ice? 

Mobile home 

• 1v14 in a gutted double wide. Double the space, double the carnage.

Bonus map: Rust

Rust.jpg

I don't know... it comes off as "arcadey" if such a word existed. lol... Honestly it sounds to me like a move to steal DbD players to come experience Jason in quick style high adrenaline matches! The exact reason why I myself have not dipped into the DbD waters. Friday nailed both the fun good time enjoyment, and the tension and boo scared fill atmosphere surrounding the matches. I almost feel like, slap a hook system on these maps, and rename it Dead by Friday. 

Dont get me wrong... it's free DLC, and I'll take it and try it. Hoping I'm misjudging it. Again, it's just nothing that anyone seemed to be clamoring for. But, in the end I'll reserve judgement after I see it and I know they are trying to build up things here. Just seems misguided paths being chosen on what to make and release

1 minute ago, cruehitman said:

Just seems misguided paths being chosen on what to make and release

Yeah. Really does seem like one big missed high five.

I'll also reserve judgment until I play one of the smaller maps.  On face value, I would assume that it would benefit Jason, since there are fewer places to hide, and he can move around the map quicker.  I can't think of many ways it would make it easier to escape.  Sure, once you started the car or boat, it would theoretically be a shorter ride to get off the map, but it would be harder to even get to that point.  Should be interesting.

I'm actually more excited for the new emotions to be honest. At least that's a positive addition. 

Yeah...don't know where this idea is coming from? Is this something people have been asking for?

I'd much rather see more variation on the existing maps...like things spawning in more random places rather than the current setup, which seems to be a "1 of 3" sort of scenario.

I can't tell if it's because it was the early days of the game and I just didn't know any better or if something changed at some point, but it seems as though items more or less spawn in the same locations now (i.e. Bathrooms have health sprays, etc). Seemed more random before, and and mixing it up as much as possible would help make things less stale. Add items around campfires, even stuff like the battery...

Risinggrave likes this

Well...

They found another way just reuse the same 3 map assets. 

And after telling us how much the game sold...

:rolleyes:

Sweedy likes this

jesus christ, i rushed over here after i seen this shit on facebook

of all the things you could work on.... they CHOSE to make smaller maps

i REALLY REALLY want to know what was going through their minds to make sense of this

This isn't really what we want I think. It's not even really more variety, just gutted maps to make the game easier in finding counselors. I enjoy the big maps. Would rather see new ones than rehashes. Seems lazy.

Unless you get some sweet combat moves or KayEm-14 can pop out with a railgun intermittently less space to evade Jason is not going to be good.

For me this is meh news. I'll try it, but it's not like I'm jumping for joy at this news. I have read that this could be a trail run for Pamela Voorhees. I guess the upside to this is a shorter waiting period if you are killed early in game. 

If they wanted to do something useful with a smaller map, they should have done one for A New Beginning. Only a halfway house, a small garage, a barn, Ethel's house, a diner and a few trailers. Hell the lake wasn't even in that movie, just a stream. Also a boat and spaceship come to mind for keeping it small...

It's something new, i suppose.... If it means i can play more matches in a shorter amount of time which making my  chances to play as jason greater. I'm for it. I still would preferred a new map, but if its free, i'll take two.

I really hope it's harder to be counselors in this new game mode. And I'm saddened to read all the posts with negative thoughts on free dlc. I know it's maybe not what you wanted but that'll come too, probably on Oct 13th. 

Nomadder likes this

not in to it. i dont like the idea of going in to a lobby and having to play on smaller maps. If this is something that is set in private matches only then I can tolerate I guess but would much rather prefer new map, especially when there are 2 perfect logical ones that would not take much to make (being a map for part 4, as well as part 5.)

I get that at this point, with a good wave of counselors now leveled up with good perks and game play experience, that this game is slanted more to counselors. This is not a good way to fix it in my opinion.