lHeartBreakerl

maps
Fast paced variant maps

182 posts in this topic

So 3 smaller variant maps of the existing maps.

I'll hold out on a final opinion on these until I play on them. But I wont get my hopes up.

I am wondering the reasoning for these? smaller maps don't really seem to add anything to game play, except making it easier for Jason to find councilors? Is the time clock reduced? I'm sure there will only be 1 car to fix? why this instead of a different map?

1 person likes this

Yeah just saw this. Honestly not sure how I feel about that. Changing things up on current maps, spawn points, moving things so they're not always in or next to objectives... those are all things I would have approved (outside of brand new map of course!) 

but cutting size almost in half... honestly don't know if I like that at all

i mean, with everything that has been asked for and suggested, don't remember seeing people clamoring for this

1 person likes this

ok Good But we want New maps if there smaller that means jason will be on you quicker and you will have less chance to survive. but i will give it a go. still need new maps more.

Yeah, I was not thinking, "You know the problem with the existing maps? Too big!"

I'm guessing they make it so every cabin cluster has an objective, and a lot less woods. I don't think it's for me.

1 person likes this

Part 7 would benefit a lot from this concept if he's not altered at all.

It also sounds like an alternative option/hence variant, its not replacing the existing maps.

Its free and I think its the right approach. They would be killed if they made these types of things paid content.

1 person likes this

Meh. It's cool, I guess. I think the current map sizes are fine the way they are. But, I guess we'll wait and see.

2 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

It also sounds like an alternative option/hence variant, its not replacing the existing maps.

I just think we were all expecting a new map. Not a smaller version of the exiting maps <_<

I would like to have seen more random clusters on the same maps. As of now, most players can easily figure out where objectives are just from playing the same maps so many times. I believe there is 4? variant clusters. maybe up that to 8?

:/ is this what they consider new maps?... 

1 person likes this

Great. Friday the 13th: Arena. At least it's free.

Free DLC is Good but we want some Premium new maps and New jasons i dont mind paying for it.

Smaller maps will be for smaller groups of players, one would think. Which is good, because the matchmaking pool on PC is shrinking rapidly.

This seems to be an "easy" mode. With smaller maps, every cabin probably has at least some important objective and it would make finding and killing counselors easier for beginner Jasons. It will also cut down match times.

It sounds interesting.

1 minute ago, Bigfoot said:

Great. Friday the 13th: Arena. At least it's free.

Déjà vu

maxresdefault.jpg

2 people like this

16 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:
So 3 smaller variant maps of the existing maps.

I'll hold out on a final opinion on these until I play on them. But I wont get my hopes up.

14 minutes ago, Ethan said:

I am wondering the reasoning for these? smaller maps don't really seem to add anything to game play, except making it easier for Jason to find councilors? Is the time clock reduced? I'm sure there will only be 1 car to fix? why this instead of a different map?

I seem to remember reading that the game would have to be restructured to include Pamela... something about distance between cabins...

4 people like this

Also, WTF aren't these being announced on the game's official forums first? It's like someone lobotomized the game's community manag...oh, yeah, got it.

Just now, Dr. Lecter said:

It's like someone lobotomized the game's community manag...oh, yeah, got it.

Glad you're up to speed :lol:

1 minute ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I seem to remember reading that the game would have to be restructured to include Pamela... something about distance between cabins...

I seem to remember an ant and a rubber tree plant with "High Hopes". I hope you are right!

4 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

I seem to remember an ant and a rubber tree plant with "High Hopes". I hope you are right!

Maybe I just have A Hole in the Head.

1 person likes this

Kinda like a quick play mode, I guess. Agreed that perhaps the timer will get cut down too.

Since these are proposed as variants on existing maps, I'm not assuming anything on new regular maps.

7 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I remember too...maybe this is leading to a Pamela mode after all.

Hey! Maybe it'll be Capture The Flag with Pamela's Head! I seriously am curious how this will play.

I've taken the liberty to post the 3 top Reddit comments to get an idea of how the rest of the community feels about this.

"When are new, original maps going to be released?"

StBernardoftheSander

"So, instead of host-migration or brand new maps, we're getting the same maps we already have, but... smaller?

...what even is this?"

NeoJadan

"WE WANT A NEW MAP"

AndrewDaMan

Glad i'm not the only one.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

Hey! Maybe it'll be Capture The Flag with Pamela's Head! I seriously am curious how this will play.

I would play the pants right off of that game mode!!!