lHeartBreakerl

teamkilling
Kotaku article on teamkilling

227 posts in this topic

It seems to be a very convenient excuse for anyone deciding to grief other players in any game.  "I do it because I'm bored".  I curious though why they just don't go play another game?  When I'm bored with a game that's usually what I do.

2 minutes ago, pitchfork said:

It seems to be a very convenient excuse for anyone deciding to grief other players in any game.  "I do it because I'm bored".  I curious though why they just don't go play another game?  When I'm bored with a game that's usually what I do.

Reverse the question. Why do you play games where team killing is allowed and become frustrated by it? People don't team kill out of boredom per se. Many want to kill and Jason is rather rare to play as.

1 hour ago, Caliph said:

Well at the pace they update the game if they screw it up it'll be dead before they fix it. If tk is as big an issue as its made that means one person in every game looking to hose the team on parts.

Man, like, how many times in this thread did you rudely say to people "It's here to stay - DEAL WITH IT!"... only to have the developers say they were removing it, like, LITERALLY hours later!

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA! 

So awesome! God I love instant karma! 

_XIkh66FoHRbYTnz2moY9e4yqHIN5_Uh37O0mB1Z

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, RKSDooM said:

Man, like, how many times in this thread did you rudely say to people "It's here to stay - DEAL WITH IT!"... only to have the developers say they were removing it, like, LITERALLY hours later!

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA! 

I lol'd hard when it happened.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Sadly, yes. I defended keeping team-killing in as it didn't solve the actual problem, it just forces the problem to get more creative.

I did too man. And, I still don't believe this is going to solve anything. Like I said, team killing was just a symptom to a much larger disease. I suppose after the patch is implemented and I am forced to play quickmatches due to time constraints, I'll spend most of my time out in the woods looking for parts. Well that, and dodging the rampaging drivers that are sure to come since they can't simply shoot people anymore.

Congrats to everyone that wanted this change to happen. I hope it does work out, but I am not convinced. Assholes are not going to change their assholish behavior just because one tool is taken away from them. They will find ways to ruin public matches for the rest of us.

1 hour ago, RKSDooM said:

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA! 

Well I assumed the dev team stood by their word and design philosophy as well as understood the same reasons they implemented it were still here. But at this point nothing surprises me. When the new form of griefing begins i'll be here to mock and remind you and others of how you should deal with it and you get what you asked for.

Believe me, when i'm counselor any crucial parts I find are staying with me until I die. I've seen people like yourself in every pvp game, particularly EVE, act extra smug until the reality sets in over new changes then they cry the blues. You can't force antisocial people to be sociable. They simply mutate and find a new more painful way to buck the system.

I'll console myself with leaving traps near frequented windows for giggles in between hunting the fuse, keys and propeller down. Should I find either consider that option off the table. Though i'd never announce it. I'd take more delight in letting the search go forth unhindered.

The thing is I never did so before. But since it's only a matter of time before Jason has to ask permission to make a kill I figure i'll just get my fun out of the game now.

Laugh last, last best.

2 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Another day, another update, another thread.

It's like they realize there is a problem and then instead of getting feedback say from an official forum with a feedback section.  They completely ignore it and come up with the least desirable solution.  No TK, guess some a-hole is just go run off with keys and fuse and propeller. 

Imagine if they only had an avoid player list. Sooner or later all those a-holes would only be able to play with each other. Or a bad players lobby where points accumulated from bad play filters you out for a while. Too bad nobody ever suggested such things. 

4 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

No TK, guess some a-hole is just go run off with keys and fuse and propeller. 

I have a feeling that we will see a lot of complaints about this in the future. That's another troll method that I'm sure they'll steep to.

16 minutes ago, Caliph said:

Well I assumed the dev team stood by their word and design philosophy as well as understood the same reasons they implemented it were still here. But at this point nothing surprises me. When the new form of griefing begins i'll be here to mock and remind you and others of how you should deal with it and you get what you asked for.

Believe me, when i'm counselor any crucial parts I find are staying with me until I die. I've seen people like yourself in every pvp game, particularly EVE, act extra smug until the reality sets in over new changes then they cry the blues. You can't force antisocial people to be sociable. They simply mutate and find a new more painful way to buck the system.

I'll console myself with leaving traps near frequented windows for giggles in between hunting the fuse, keys and propeller down. Should I find either consider that option off the table. Though i'd never announce it. I'd take more delight in letting the search go forth unhindered.

The thing is I never did so before. But since it's only a matter of time before Jason has to ask permission to make a kill I figure i'll just get my fun out of the game now.

Laugh last, last best.

Actually, I have specifically said that I didn't want teamkilling removed, so I didn't ask for anything. So I'm really not sure what you would have to mock me about, but hey - have at!

(And, I mean, you could have just said: "Yeah, yeah... I was being a bit douchey there and instantly got my comeuppance. Whatchagonnado?" instead of doubling down. It would have helped to redeem your multitude of HILARIOUS "It's not happening - DEAL WIT IT!" posts!)

It's not implemented yet and further once the issues become apparent it has to stick around. If it doesn't then one could say I knew better.

I know what level of grief is coming, i'm still feeling confident at this point of the outcome.

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

I have a feeling that we will see a lot of complaints about this in the future. That's another troll method that I'm sure they'll steep to.

Between that scenario and locking items in rooms and going out window to make them unobtainable we may have a problem. Honestly, I want to see someone steal as many items as they can and drop them in the same place in the woods or something and take a picture now. It would be like a hoarder. Hoarding mode who can gather the most stuff in 20 minutes without dying. 

Just now, Caliph said:

It's not implemented yet and further once the issues become apparent it has to stick around. If it doesn't then one could say I knew better.

HbxFS4XJ69iNKFngRFpJAUBbxdQrxuwb485Idgtf

1 person likes this

You're going to look incredibly foolish if they don't stick with it. There are a lot of credible community members telling them it's a bad idea.

Just now, Caliph said:

You're going to look incredibly foolish if they don't stick with it.

Yeah, like, I might look just as foolish as the guy who said, "It's not happening, DEAL WITH IT!" over and over again, hours before it, you know, was announced that it was happening.

I would just HATE that!

*snicker*

I don't feel foolish at all. I went off Ben's word regarding team kills. It's like saying when the developers tell you something and stick with it for months on end you were foolish for believing it.

Mislead? Definitely.

2 minutes ago, Caliph said:

Team-killing is here to stay because without there are to many game breaking ways for trolls to ruin the game.

The team-killing is here to stay. Adapt.

Team-killing is here to stay, it's necessary for the game.

The best one is that second quote!

"Adapt." He says!

Oh... so, so good. NOM NOM NOM.

4 minutes ago, Caliph said:

I don't feel foolish at all.

Of course you don't. 

NOM NOM NOM

Are you 12? You know what? Don't answer that. I know the appropriate solution.

It's okay, when I was less mature I tried to deflect away from my own mistakes too! You'll grow out of it and learn to own up to them, one day...

Maybe...

But until then, you will remain HILARIOUS, so you'll still have that! YAY!

(Sorry for derailing the thread, everyone - there are just few things sweeter in this world to me than someone arrogantly asserting "THAT'S HOW IT IS - DEAL WITH IT!" being proven, like, INSTANTLY wrong... and then refusing to own up to their arrogance.

It just - mmmm - it tastes SO GOOD.

But I now return you to your regular thread. I hope those of you distracted by this were able to....

*snicker*

...to....

...ADAPT.)

8p5KfbfaPQ2KMdm7czSgJNe7DjvMqe1Ue2UbqcTm

Calm down, children.

As for people hoarding items...can't people already do that? We already have to double check all the cabins micless people are in. I am not sure there will be much of a difference in gameplay there.

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

Calm down, children.

As for people hoarding items...can't people already do that? We already have to double check all the cabins micless people are in. I am not sure there will be much of a difference in gameplay there.

Dude, don't come in here with your attitude and your fancy clothes and your hula hoops and your MTV music and call ME a child!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go watch cartoons, eat some fruity pebbles and get into a debate about Boba Fett online... 

XBeOvTRXG4z3lZ0tvXdyhLbbuGtmP_RNIyg3O4aX

4 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

You're welcome to join me and my group.

PS4 name is Vaderspupil. :)

Ok is it a mature group? 

I think somebody mentioned it already but what to do about those people/trolls that will just now grab a key item and never drop it? Person helping jason can just take a battery, gas, prop, and never get grabbed because they are helping jason, and never be taken down because friendly fire is now gone.

Now, I have come across a few people that just outright troll, and kill me for no reason, or lead jason right to me. Yes, it is annoying. But guess what? I am not 12, I understand how incredibly shitty and stupid people can be, and I accept that it is GOING to happen, even if it shouldn't or I dont want it to.

Yes, it is annoying to have to leave the lobby and search for another, where the same thing could happen. Especially when host migration is still not solved, and the memory leak still exists on some level.

It is a god damned video game. Made by a new company. I paid money for it, yes I want it to work. It has been quite good to me even though it can have some annoying bullshit. I paid 40 dollars, and while on some level sure that gives me some right to complain and demand a working product, I also know that I just spent 40 dollars while there are fucking children who dont have water or food so the problems of a video game are not exactly a huge deal in the big scope.

I say this because i think in due time things will get figured out. No matter what Gun/Illfonic do, somebody (ALOT OF SOMEBODIES) are going to bitch about it. They have been decent enough to say they are not perfect, that they are essentially learning on the job. Trial and error. Most greatness is found through constant ERROR. You fail and fall short countless times before finding that greatness. Personally, in spite of the problems, I think the game is great. It has become one of my favorite games ever, and in right circumstances, it has provided some incredible experiences and times and stories.

I do not think eliminating TK is the solution, but it is a step closer to it, even if that step is realizing that this is simply a stop-gap measure until they find a better solution, or implementing it.

Yes, report function is awesome idea. Lobbies of shithead players are an awesome idea. I do not know how much more is required to do that versus what is most likely a pretty quick programming code to dismantle the friendly fire. Again, i know NOTHING about programming so it could be just as simple to do either.

i gotta admit i did some messed up shit the other day but it was funny and the kid deserved it. So bascially me and two others spawn right near each other in south higgins haven near the car and with the 4 cabins. One of the other counselors was a kid and he sounded like a prick. he ended up getting keys and gas right off the bat. i got a battery and when towards him and he said ok lets get out of here. i decided to take the battery all the way north to the graveyard. he followed me trying to kill me. i dropped the battery off in from of pamela voorhees grave. this kid raged for the next 5 minutes. gas still in his hands lol. i probably deserved to be killed bit the kid was acting all high and mighty so he deserved it lol. well long story short jason killed him and he rage quit lol

27 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Ok is it a mature group? 

We're pretty mature for the most part. Join us. I'm LadyofCasterlyRo on PS4.

1 person likes this

45 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Ok is it a mature group? 

47 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Ok is it a mature group? 

20 minutes ago, LadySansaLannister said:

We're pretty mature for the most part. Join us. I'm LadyofCasterlyRo on PS4.

@Alien_Number_Six, you and I are already linked. I can vouch for them. They're good folks.

1 person likes this