lHeartBreakerl

teamkilling
Kotaku article on teamkilling

227 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

Lol.  I've been banned on Xbox for messages too!  I couldn't send messages for like 2 weeks.

Same. Banned for abusing glitchers.

34 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

This game is not realistic. The movies were not realistic. It is an unrealistic game based on an unrealistic franchise.

WHAT?!  How can you stand there in your shirt and claim that the movies are not realistic, are you to just sit there in your pants and tell me that a zombie like monster of a man who wears a hockey mask and kills people, is not real?  Well sir, I just don't know what to think any more, I need to sit down and think this through...

2 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Hilariously the decision was made before this article came out. 

Pretty damn funny, honestly.

thatdudescott likes this

41 minutes ago, ryanmc564 said:

WHAT?!  How can you stand there in your shirt and claim that the movies are not realistic, are you to just sit there in your pants and tell me that a zombie like monster of a man who wears a hockey mask and kills people, is not real?  Well sir, I just don't know what to think any more, I need to sit down and think this through...

It's strange that you assumed both shirt and pants, instead of say...a tube top and overall shorts.

I for one am happy with this decision. I haven't been playing lately because of this. It's pretty hard to get eight players into a Private match so I have been playing a lot of quick play. I have been experiencing a lot of team killing so I just haven't been playing. I'm pretty good at the game so I tend to kill the enemy player before it gets me but that isn't what I bought the game for. Anyone got a good community on PS4 I can join?

12 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

It's strange that you assumed both shirt and pants, instead of say...a tube top and overall shorts.

Well, if I were to say that, I would have describe my own outfit today, didn't want assume every one shared my sense of fashion.  

NthnButAGoodTime likes this

11 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I for one am happy with this decision. I haven't been playing lately because of this. It's pretty hard to get eight players into a Private match so I have been playing a lot of quick play. I have been experiencing a lot of team killing so I just haven't been playing. I'm pretty good at the game so I tend to kill the enemy player before it gets me but that isn't what I bought the game for. Anyone got a good community on PS4 I can join?

You're welcome to join me and my group.

PS4 name is Vaderspupil. :)

Alien_Number_Six likes this

48 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Hilariously the decision was made before this article came out. 

So how do you deal with griefers that keep keys and fuses or vital parts? TKs aren't going to suddenly play nice.

1 minute ago, Caliph said:

So how do you deal with griefers that keep keys and fuses or vital parts? TKs aren't going to suddenly play nice.

Another day, another update, another thread.

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Another day, another update, another thread.

Well at the pace they update the game if they screw it up it'll be dead before they fix it. If tk is as big an issue as its made that means one person in every game looking to hose the team on parts.

2 minutes ago, Caliph said:

is this seriously a issue?  I can't say I have come across this problem at all, or at least noticed it was occurring.

Just now, ryanmc564 said:

is this seriously a issue?  I can't say I have come across this problem at all, or at least noticed it was occurring.

You believe that people who teamkill for fun now having that removed and being immune to harm are going to suddenly change behavior?

1 minute ago, ryanmc564 said:

I've never had it done personally but i've heard complaints about it. There's certain rooms where if you lock the door and jump out a window there's no way counselors can get in (most noticeably on packanak). So leaving objective items in those rooms is a way to halt progression entirely on something. And can have you searching for a part and you'd have no idea it's in a locked room somewhere.

It's likely the next evolution. It isn't prominent now, because of team-killing. When someone wants to ruin a game for everyone, and they can no longer team-kill, they'll find other ways to make the game unwinnable. This seems like the next most obvious tactic

10 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

It's likely the next evolution. It isn't prominent now, because of team-killing. When someone wants to ruin a game for everyone, and they can no longer team-kill, they'll find other ways to make the game unwinnable. This seems like the next most obvious tactic

Winner, winner! Chicken dinner.

2 minutes ago, Caliph said:

Winner, winner! Chicken dinner.

Alright. I'll have a three piece, all white, with potatoes, and an ice tea. Which hot sauce do you guys have?

Just now, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Alright. I'll have a three piece, all white, with potatoes, and an ice tea. Which hot sauce do you guys have?

Tapatia's, Texas Pete and Sriracha.

Just now, Caliph said:

oooh... Decisions, decisions... Let's go with Tapatío, today, aaaaaaand should I? ...Nah. No dessert.

23 minutes ago, Caliph said:

You believe that people who teamkill for fun now having that removed and being immune to harm are going to suddenly change behavior?

21 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I've never had it done personally but i've heard complaints about it. There's certain rooms where if you lock the door and jump out a window there's no way counselors can get in (most noticeably on packanak). So leaving objective items in those rooms is a way to halt progression entirely on something. And can have you searching for a part and you'd have no idea it's in a locked room somewhere.

19 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I must be extremely naïve.  I just would never think to do doing something like that, but then again I have always been one to play the game right, and try not to screw people over.  The only time have team killed intentionally was when someone deliberately did it to me and the next match I got my revenge. But any time I find a part if the character I am is not good at repairs or such, I will drop them over near the location.  I guess there will always be assholes I suppose, no way around it.      

I must be extremely naïve.  I just would never think to do doing something like that, but then again I have always been one to play the game right, and try not to screw people over.  The only time have team killed intentionally was when someone deliberately did it to me and the next match I got my revenge. But any time I find a part if the character I am is not good at repairs or such, I will drop them over near the location.  I guess there will always be assholes I suppose, no way around it.      

Sadly, yes. I defended keeping team-killing in as it didn't solve the actual problem, it just forces the problem to get more creative.

10 minutes ago, Caliph said:

What!!   no Dave's insanity sauce, the only hot sauce that on the back label claims can strip waxed floors and remove grease stains off of driveways.   

3 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Sadly, yes. I defended keeping team-killing in as it didn't solve the actual problem, it just forces the problem to get more creative.

You definitely had a solid argument to it, which I agreed a lot with.  The team killing wasn't a huge problem to me and didn't occur as often, but that was only my experience

You definitely had a solid argument to it, which I agreed a lot with.  The team killing wasn't a huge problem to me and didn't occur as often, but that was only my experience

Ditto. I tend to keep a positive outlook, but this change just seems like a win for the trolls more than the community.