lHeartBreakerl

teamkilling
Kotaku article on teamkilling

227 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Bummer. Was hoping to find him on xbox.

Yeah.  We could've written him an angry worded message.  We could've gotten all the xbox players to spam message him.  He deserves it.

9 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Teamkilling should never have existed. The next update should permanently disable friendly fire for QP and put an option for it in Private Matches. 

I disagree! 

48 minutes ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

Yeah.  We could've written him an angry worded message.  We could've gotten all the xbox players to spam message him.  He deserves it.

I've been banned on xbox 4 times and 4 times on this forum for angry worded messages. I was thinking hunting him with a machete or shotgun. 

Chad thinks this guy is a dick.

Chad.

2 people like this

There was a guy that joined my regular group and teamkilled my friend, PoeticPoison22, an awesome player and an awesome driver, for not giving him the keys to the car so he could drive.

Oh yeah, and she happens to be a girl.

When the rest of our group teamed up to kill him for doing that, he rage quit, and apparently made some sort of reddit post or something to get people to come kill her, saying that we just defended her because she was female... and not, you know, because he had teamkilled her for utterly bullshit fucking reasons.

Now, every game, if we allow a random in (i.e. have an empty spot) they go after her and kill her. I have seen it with my own eyes over and over.

It's really, really gross, and just makes me not want to play with people at all. The misogyny in online gaming is fucking disgusting. That people would just read this guys post somewhere, and without knowing anything about the situation but what this lying pile of crap says, go online and hunt down a player, basically just because she's a girl... Ugh. Just fucking ick.

Seriously, some people in this world are just so goddamn disgusting that it makes me want to puke.

Sorry, I know that this isn't the most uplifting of messages. I'm just really, genuinely upset over how freaking awful people can be at the moment...

2 people like this

That is totally obnoxious and disgraceful. I'm really sorry to hear about that, and feel worse still for PoeticPoison22.

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

That is totally obnoxious and disgraceful. I'm really sorry to hear about that, and feel worse still for PoeticPoison22.

Thank you very much. I'm sorry to have made such a post, I'm just genuinely upset by the whole thing, and got emotional for a moment.

You know what, I know it's silly, but if everyone who reads this post and is on XBOX ONE wouldn't mind sending PoeticPoison22 a message, telling her that the game isn't just full of assholes that hate girls, and to just keep being the person she wants to be, I would appreciate it.

Just say you read about the situation on the FRIDAY THE 13TH: THE GAME forum, you don't have to mention me at all. She's being teamkilled over and over by assholes pretty much just for being a girl, so let's show her, in the TRUE spirit of Friday the 13th and it's strong female characters, that Friday fans and gamers aren't like that as a whole.

Thanks ahead of time for anyone that does so.

8 people like this

It's not silly at all, I will absolutely do that.

1 person likes this

27 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

It's not silly at all, I will absolutely do that.

That's awesome. Anyone else reading this on XBOX ONE, please take a moment out of your day to message PoeticPoison22 and tell her that she shouldn't feel like the FRIDAY THE 13TH: THE GAME community hates women just because of a few assholes.

(Yes, I imagine that this kind of crap happens with every online game, but you know, right now I'm just concerned with this one and giving all ya alls a chance to do a good deed for the day and make a genuinely good person not feel persecuted for stupid, STUPID reasons)

Thank you again, for everyone who takes the time to do this.

Seriously, if you could just say something simple like:

"Read about you getting repeatedly teamkilled on the official game forum - just wanted you to know that not everyone that plays this game is a misogynist asspirate and you shouldn;t let the griefers get to you :)"

I would be so, so grateful - AND you'd be doing something nice to help balance out all the people out there doing something mean.

After reading this article,how the fuck do you NOT ban this Solid Snake dude. 

2 people like this

I still don't see team killing as bad for the game overall.

Let me first state, it is not a tactic I employ. On the occasion that Betrayed has appeared in the recap and I had the penalty XP loss, I can only assume it was from a someone wandering into a trap I had laid. The only times I have intentionally swung a weapon at a fellow counselor was in self defense from team kill attempts, and even still, my aim is to reduce the chance of pursuit, not death....except the one time I was in a Private Match and everyone agreed ahead of time to a Battle Royale (Never been in one of those in a Private? You should try it).

This is a horror game, and the uncertainty of the motives of other counselors increases the tension. I have found the battery as a Buggzy and have had to ask a Deborah with the rifle to trade so I can guard her while she installs. I have heard the hesitation in the other player's voice as they weigh out whether or not I sound like I can be trusted. I know that as I ready my weapon they are wondering if I'm going to wait until they start the install and the shoot them. The trust I earned after that made for a great round of teamwork. I have seen players in a dead sprint with a machete in hand with no Jason music and have had to guess whether or not they're going to be trouble. 

The heightened tension and uncertainty of trust comes straight out of the movies this game is based on, and I enjoy it. This is merely my opinion.

Regarding the situation @RKSDooM is describing. This kind of thing kills me. I hate hearing about 'mob justice' built around a lie, whether it's in a game or in real life. This doesn't ruin 'the game', this ruins lives. However in this situation, it sounds like mob justice built around a an obviously rotten core regardless if it was a lie, and that's even more heartbreaking.

@thatdudescott, I don't know that he's necessarily breaking the games ToS, making him ban-able, but I would be interested to know how hard it would be to funnel players with persistent team-kill occurrences into the same lobby.

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I still don't see team killing as bad for the game overall.

You know, I really don't have a problem with it usually. Is it a dick move to just randomly kill someone for no reason? Yeah, it is, but nobody has to play with someone that does that more than once.

And I kind of like the way that shotgunning Jason when he's holding someone is a big risk. Or having to avoid running people over when getting the car away from Jason becomes an insane clusterfuck...

But random people showing up and killing a player over and over again ends up hurting even the sturdiest of feelings, especially when you know its happening, essentially, just because of something like gender or skin color or sexual orientation or WHATEVER.

So, I agree with @NthnButAGoodTime, that teamkilling DOES have its place in the game, I am just decrying this specific instance of it, because it is a repeated targeted thing against a friend who has done nothing to deserve it, and is genuinely starting to hurt her feelings.

1 hour ago, RKSDooM said:

Thank you very much. I'm sorry to have made such a post, I'm just genuinely upset by the whole thing, and got emotional for a moment.

You know what, I know it's silly, but if everyone who reads this post and is on XBOX ONE wouldn't mind sending PoeticPoison22 a message, telling her that the game isn't just full of assholes that hate girls, and to just keep being the person she wants to be, I would appreciate it.

Just say you read about the situation on the FRIDAY THE 13TH: THE GAME forum, you don't have to mention me at all. She's being teamkilled over and over by assholes pretty much just for being a girl, so let's show her, in the TRUE spirit of Friday the 13th and it's strong female characters, that Friday fans and gamers aren't like that as a whole.

Thanks ahead of time for anyone that does so.

Too bad you and PoeticPoison don't play on PS4.  I'd add you both.  I play with a good group of both guys and girls in private matches.

4 people like this

Just now, Vaderspupil said:

Too bad you and PoeticPoison don't play on PS4.  I'd add you both.  I play with a good group of both guys and girls in private matches.

We have a really good group, but you know how it is - sometimes some people go to bed before others or otherwise have life commitments that others don't have, and you end up making a post to fill the empty slots... and, unfortunately, for a couple of days that has resulted in this BS.

2 hours ago, RKSDooM said:

There was a guy that joined my regular group and teamkilled my friend, PoeticPoison22, an awesome player and an awesome driver, for not giving him the keys to the car so he could drive.

Oh yeah, and she happens to be a girl.

When the rest of our group teamed up to kill him for doing that, he rage quit, and apparently made some sort of reddit post or something to get people to come kill her, saying that we just defended her because she was female... and not, you know, because he had teamkilled her for utterly bullshit fucking reasons.

Now, every game, if we allow a random in (i.e. have an empty spot) they go after her and kill her. I have seen it with my own eyes over and over.

It's really, really gross, and just makes me not want to play with people at all. The misogyny in online gaming is fucking disgusting. That people would just read this guys post somewhere, and without knowing anything about the situation but what this lying pile of crap says, go online and hunt down a player, basically just because she's a girl... Ugh. Just fucking ick.

Seriously, some people in this world are just so goddamn disgusting that it makes me want to puke.

Sorry, I know that this isn't the most uplifting of messages. I'm just really, genuinely upset over how freaking awful people can be at the moment...

This is terrible. I feel sorry for that girl, I know what's it like. I have been not only teamkilled but repeatedly sent sexual messages on account of being a female player.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, LadySansaLannister said:

This is terrible. I feel sorry for that girl, I know what's it like. I have been not only teamkilled but repeatedly sent sexual messages by thi

I'm giving you a like for your, very much appreciated, sympathies, but certainly not for the fact that you have to endure sexual harassment from tools when you play.

I'm not trying to "White Knight" or whatever... but COME ON, dudes.... It's freaking 2017, and you are playing a game based around a franchise with female characters that tend to be more capable than their male counterparts. Stop being so freaking gross.

@NthnButAGoodTime - I never ever want to even consider the fact that I have to worry about someone not Jason running after me with a machete. I get that it's a horror game,but its a F13th game and I don't recall anyone hitting Julius with an ax because he grabbed the shotgun. Chuck didn't run up to Shelly with a machete before Jason got to him. Justifying team killing because it gives an extra thrill goes completely against the game's core mechanics of counselors vs Jason. This article points out the most toxic kind of player for this game,someone quoted as saying:

" The game became repetitive and I needed another way to make it fun (unfortunately it would be at the expense of others).”

“You’re just mad because the team killing will never stop. We own this game.”

That is just a deliberate troll out to make everyone else trying to enjoy this game miserable. Team killing is absolutely stupid,and a lot of the people who are okay with it seem to always mention how they never do it,until someone does it to them and I just shake my head. 

If team killing has a place in this game and its to be able to kill team killers,why not remove team killing??

giphy.gif

Wishing for more matchmaking options that could toggle team kill,but.........

I guess I'll give them a few more months to sort it out.

;)

52 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

It's true, I can vouch for that!

49 minutes ago, LadySansaLannister said:

This is terrible. I feel sorry for that girl, I know what's it like. I have been not only teamkilled but repeatedly sent sexual messages on account of being a female player.

44 minutes ago, RKSDooM said:

I'm giving you a like for your, very much appreciated, sympathies, but certainly not for the fact that you have to endure sexual harassment from tools when you play.

I'm not trying to "White Knight" or whatever... but COME ON, dudes.... It's freaking 2017, and you are playing a game based around a franchise with female characters that tend to be more capable than their male counterparts. Stop being so freaking gross.

I've only begun dipping my toes into the social aspect of gaming, thanks entirely to this game, so my perspective on the situation is very limited.

@LadySansaLannister (or anyone else who has been treated this way), in those situations, what action do you take, or what do you recommend other gamers experiencing that could take? Are there things that fellow gamers can do to help? Are there things we should not be doing?

11 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

It's true, I can vouch for that!

I've only begun dipping my toes into the social aspect of gaming, thanks entirely to this game, so my perspective on the situation is very limited.

@LadySansaLannister (or anyone else who had been treated this way), in those situations, what action do you take, or what do you recommend other gamers experiencing that could take? Are there things that fellow gamers can do to help? Are there things we should not be doing?

I suggest to block, report, or kick them if you're the host in a private match.

17 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

@NthnButAGoodTime - I never ever want to even consider the fact that I have to worry about someone not Jason running after me with a machete. I get that it's a horror game,but its a F13th game and I don't recall anyone hitting Julius with an ax because he grabbed the shotgun. Chuck didn't run up to Shelly with a machete before Jason got to him. Justifying team killing because it gives an extra thrill goes completely against the game's core mechanics of counselors vs Jason. 

@thatdudescottI'm copy/pasting from an older post of mine and adding a little, so please pardon the laziness:

There are cowards like Dr. Crews who literally used another character as a human shield to stave off a Jason attack. There are characters like the street thugs in Manhattan in Part 8 or the Bikers in Part 3 who kidnap, drug, sabotage, or do intentional harm to the other characters. Creighton Duke's test for another character was to break his fingers, and arguably the entirety of Jason Goes To Hell is one long team kill match. There are others throughout the series who systematically bully other characters just for fun, their actions often leading indirectly to 'innocent' characters deaths. In A New Beginning Vic straight up axes Joey just because he wouldn't shut up about his candy bar.

I get that that element isn't your preference, but it is not without precedent in the franchise.

11 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I get that that element isn't your preference, but it is not without precedent in the franchise.

I'd prefer to be teamkilled under different circumstances at least.

I don't remember a character (in F13) shooting someone in the back of the head while putting gas in the car. Not to mention screaming "Suck a dick!" while he runs away triumphantly.

1 person likes this

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

I'd prefer to be teamkilled under different circumstances at least.

I don't remember a character (in F13) shooting someone in the back of the head while putting gas in the car. Not to mention screaming "Suck a dick!" while he runs away triumphantly.

It happened in the deleted scenes for Jason Lives. It was right after another deleted scene where Tommy has to scrounge the camp looking for boat parts before he could haul his rock and chain trap out into the lake.:P;):D

1 person likes this

There are a number of things that can be annoying to no end.

1. Team killing (though I honestly haven't had it happen to me much, but that doesn't mean it doesn't need work)

2. Helping Jason

3. Jason toying with the last player because they are a friend or because they want to play Jason for as long as they can...so they deliberately let the last person live a while longer

Things that might make sense...

1. Pooling these types of players together...don't want to play?...good play with people of the same mindset

2. Block party groups in quick play, having one friend play as Jason and the others counselor mixed with randoms doesn't work too well for the randoms

3. Quick match is randoms only, nobody on anyone's friends list can get into games, only randoms

Now mind you. The problem with trolls, is they will always try to destroy everyone elses style of play.

You leave friendly fire, they team kill.

You take friendly fire away, expect a lot of the following

1. Hording objective items and preventing others from using them

2. Fake idling = Pretending not to be there, but moving just enough so they don't get kicked

3. Glitching with whatever glitches work

31 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

@thatdudescottI'm copy/pasting from an older post of mine and adding a little, so please pardon the laziness:

There are cowards like Dr. Crews who literally used another character as a human shield to stave off a Jason attack. There are characters like the street thugs in Manhattan in Part 8 or the Bikers in Part 3 who kidnap, drug, sabotage, or do intentional harm to the other characters. Creighton Duke's test for another character was to break his fingers, and arguably the entirety of Jason Goes To Hell is one long team kill match. There are others throughout the series who systematically bully other characters just for fun, their actions often leading indirectly to 'innocent' characters deaths. In A New Beginning Vic straight up axes Joey just because he wouldn't shut up about his candy bar.

Believe me,they all,especially Dr. Crews and Vic,ran through my head. But none of that fits with the idea of a group of friends who are at the camp suddenly turning this into Battle Royale,trying to kill each other before Jason does. The examples you pointed out do show that some bad characters exist in the F13th universe. But its nothing like if the councelors who were all friends before Jason showed up,suddenly decide to kill each other. Huge difference,IMO.

For all we know it's complete bollocks and is a made up story by a person with an anti-teamkill agenda. Aside from that, who cares?