lHeartBreakerl

teamkilling
Kotaku article on teamkilling

227 posts in this topic

http://kotaku.com/in-friday-the-13th-the-real-killer-isn-t-jason-it-s-yo-1797603404

"Solid_Snake7 was not cowed, instead putting forth a bleak picture of days to come for the unlucky ones who end up in a lobby with him: “You’re just mad because the team killing will never stop. We own this game.”"

first off, fuck that guy.

the articles worth the read.

bewareofbears likes this

42 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

http://kotaku.com/in-friday-the-13th-the-real-killer-isn-t-jason-it-s-yo-1797603404

"Solid_Snake7 was not cowed, instead putting forth a bleak picture of days to come for the unlucky ones who end up in a lobby with him: “You’re just mad because the team killing will never stop. We own this game.”"

first off, fuck that guy.

the articles worth the read.

That sucks, like @Whitebabyjoker said- the game is theirs until there's a fix.

This game has so many problems... :wacko:

Handmaid Warrior likes this

Hence why team killing SHOULD be a bannable offense. At the very least progressively longer time outs should be handed out to repeat offenders. Of course there will be the occasional accidental killing but that's rather easily sorted out from blatant tk'ers. Or we could turn friendly fire off entirely. 

Well look at how people conduct themselves on the internet. This will probably never change. In any game I've ever played that has the ability to inflict damage on another player there is always people being a mega Chad. (douche) :P I think player vs player is interesting as well as frustrating if it happens but I play a lot of quick play and I've only been screwed over once by it. While they did not kill me Jason showed up and they hacked me a few times so I was limping waiting to die as they scurried away. It sucks but also adds to the uncertainty to can you even trust one another. Most times I separate from the groups. If you all want to hang out together and make cabins like up like Xmas trees that's on you. 

It's probably why a good portion of games I am the last one alive if I am unable to find items for objectives. 

Solid_Snake7 plays like that? Wouldn't mind if TK was ban worthy. An accident is an accident, and shouldn't be grounds for a ban. But this guy is the bane of all things fun about F13. Playing like that is the best thing he can do with his time? Repeat offenses should at least be in the account database and cause an automatic visual flag to show up on his characters in the lobby. At least then, the host could boot his @$$. What a jerk.

5 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

Solid_Snake7 plays like that? Wouldn't mind if TK was ban worthy. An accident is an accident, and shouldn't be grounds for a ban. But this guy is the bane of all things fun about F13. Playing like that is the best thing he can do with his time? Repeat offenses should at least be in the account database and cause an automatic visual flag to show up on his characters in the lobby. At least then, the host could boot his @$$. What a jerk.

What's his platform? I can't tell from his picture. It looks like an X for PS4, but it might be an A for XB1. If anyone sees him in-game, they should TK him or tell Jason about him. Maybe he won't like get repeatedly killed and being hunted relentlessly and will either quit or change. 

Ker Juice likes this

2 minutes ago, SnakeSound222 said:

What's his platform? I can't tell from his picture. It looks like an X for PS4, but it might be an A for XB1. If anyone sees him in-game, they should TK him or tell Jason about him. Maybe he won't like get repeatedly killed and being hunted relentlessly and will either quit or change. 

I suggest people block his profile, hard to kill teammates when there are none.

Ker Juice likes this

57 minutes ago, SnakeSound222 said:

I think it's an X picture is pretty bad quality though. 

Kotaku is clickbait trash, and this player is likely nothing more than an attention seeking 12-year old getting rewarded for acting like the insecure child he is.

Don't click the clickbait, and don't feed the trolls. They're just pathetic, lonely kids, and they thrive on this kind of oxygen. I don't even bother messaging TKers anymore. Our group simply makes sure we get host, and we instantly collapse the lobby if we encounter any idiots.

Quinn FTW likes this

Good for him. Solid_snake7 is clearly over compensating for something that's lacking in his life.

what a sad individual.

1. Put teamkillers in their own playlist of teamkillers. Give them progressively longer temporary bans. 1st offense(killling 5 or more people within 2 days) 1 day. 2nd offense(5 or more people within one day) 3 days, 3rd offense(killing 3 people within one day) 13 days, after that, permanent ban. Each time with a very stern warning that continued teamkilling will get them banned. This would force them to endure being teamkilled themselves by people that don't care about being banned if they truly want to stay as a part of the community.

If they want back in the game, not only do they get a timeout, but once they're back in they must endure no less than 13 complete matches in the teamkilling list without killing a teammate themselves in the first offense. If they betray even one person, their penance starts over and they have to endure 13 matches without teamkilling in the teamkilling playlist again. Their second offense is 33 teamkilling playlist matches without teamkilling. 3rd offense is 130 matches in the teamkilling playlist without teamkilling. Then permanent ban.

2. If you get betrayed or attacked, leave immediately. Report them if you can. Record them if at all possible. Expose them on all forms of social media that you can.

^^^ yes to above 

I personally like the excitement team killing can bring, or mainly accidental team killing. But excessive TK needs to be punished.

Trolls like solid_snake7 are just crying for attention, and frankly he's an idiot. Idiots like solid_snake7 are the reason you can't have nice things. 

Because of this article I won't be surprised if Gunmedia caves and removes team killing.

So poor solid_snake7 will need to find another game to Troll and fill the hole in his life.

And the game loses an exciting aspect of it. Wether you liked it or not the accidental team killing made for some great games. 

Quinn FTW likes this

I've encountered a few but I honestly don't find Team killing a problem. Remember if you got someone trying to swing a weapon at you, go into combat stance and block them or you can hide in a closet, under a bed, etc. Normally you can tell if you got someone following you around but if they got the shotgun, gg. But there have been some moments where I've been shot while being grabbed by Jason and I've been run over by the 4 seater, with 1 person in it. I wouldn't trade them for anything. I just know if friendly fire is removed, people will stand in front of the car after it's fixed and not move, preventing you from leaving. 

2 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Teamkilling should never have existed. The next update should permanently disable friendly fire for QP and put an option for it in Private Matches. 

Yeah, a pack of mindlessly-spamming shotguns/melee attackers anytime Jason grabs someone, and trolls fucking with anyone who enters a room with one door/no windows. That's just what this game needs.

Boredom is a shitty excuse for teamkilling. If you're bored then STOP PLAYING THE GAME and play something else instead of ruining other people's experiences.

On another note: This is pretty bad publicity for the game in general. Anyone who is on the fence and was waiting for it to be patched up fully would be further distanced after reading this. Hopefully Gun step up!

5 hours ago, StarLordTitus said:

I typed in his name on psn and he showed up.

Bummer. Was hoping to find him on xbox.

Idk why this person doesn't just stop playing.  He's toxic.  If you're bored.  Quit.

I never liked the friendly fire in this game.  It should be made optional, with default set to off.

They got most of the bugs fixed.  Now it's time for gun to actually start working on the game.  Content.  Single player.  More maps.  More options or game modes.  More customization.  More variety.