bewareofbears

Things That Don't Make Sense In-Game

65 posts in this topic

On 8/7/2017 at 10:33 AM, ZooMalfunction said:

There are usually no kids in the films either. The counselors are normally training, or at the end of a season. They party in their downtime.

Packanack is a 'counselor training facility' according to the sign. Higgins is largely a private residence. Only Crystal Lake is a professional camp.

People could be playing softball with kids. The abundance of bear traps and machettes is more inexplicable.

Part 6 .. cough cough

Why does Jason trap the phone box when he could just rip the phone out the wall?

Why does Part 6 use a fence post when he's also carrying a sheathed machette?

Why does AJ's final top commemorate a band tour from 1980 if she's in 1979 when played on Crystal Lake?

Why is the 2-seater called that when it's clearly a 4-seater, just with junk on the back seats?

My favorite piece of videogame logic in F13 will always be:

Why do the cops (one of whom may or may not be your father, Luke) just shrug and go "Eh, probably nothin' right?" when a panicked teenager gets cut off mid-call during an extensive, expletive-ridden cry for help, detailing how they and all of their friends are being brutally murdered right this very second by a known serial killer at a nearby camping ground?

(Particularly if the last thing they hear before the line goes dead is a whole bunch of screaming, followed by something that sounds suspiciously like a machete being forcibly dislodged from some hapless person's skull.)

Those Crystal Lake cops have seen some shit, man.

They don't even roll out of bed for less than three deaths and an attempted bludgeoning.

matisangry and Dr B DDS like this

when jason's inside a cabin, why does he spend 30 seconds hacking a barricaded door down when it would only take him two seconds to move the barricade?

TheReaper666 likes this

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 7:35 AM, Davidt said:

Why do counselors say "is that a dead body?" Clearly u can see it is a body when u come across one

To be fair, they can see that it's a body but they're probably not sure the body is, in fact, dead.

My question:

Why is Tommy the only counselor that can kill Jason? I'll assume that Jason is easily stunned to the point of dropping to his knees due to the fact that he's distracted by his mothers sweater, which in turn allows for a clean strike to his head. With that being said, is Tommy really the only person that feels comfortable swinging a machete once Jason is at eye level (on his knees)? I suppose what I'm asking is, is Tommy the only person that is willing to pick on someone his own size?

On 8/13/2017 at 10:27 AM, UprightChair said:

Am I the only one who can see the stars when I look at the sky...

Yeah I've always seen the stars, I was always confused when I saw people complaining that there were none, I've been seeing them clearly for 2 months lol

Ahh thank you I was starting to think it was only me.  I was considering taking screen shots.  Maybe it has to do with screen size or resolution etc.

Why would the flashlights run out of power?  The game literally takes place over 20 minutes of real time.  What kind of batteries you think they're using?  ;)
Now if you wanted to ask "where, between the moment they were sitting around the campfire, and the moment they all scattered all over the camp when Jason arrived, did they all get flashlights, that's a fair question.

Also I figured Jason's presence scared off all the wildlife.  

On 8/12/2017 at 2:18 PM, gamerzrul101 said:

it would be cool if the counselors could use bikes not to get away ( too easy) but it would be a better way of getting places instead of running and the bikes could use stamina too like if you were just riding causally it would take as much stamina as it would to jog but if you were peddling fast like youre in a race then it would use the stamina it uses when youre running

I just imagined Tiffany riding circles around Jason until he shift grabs the bike. xd

Jenny being the prototypical final girl, even striking somewhat of image to Chris, who seemed like a pretty bright girl, only having 1 repair. 

Why is Deb wearing a sweater in the summer? 

Why is Brandon and Adam wearing Jackets in the Summer?

Why is Kenny wearing flannel and shorts?

Why does Vanessa wear a track suit to go camping in the summer time? 

Why are couches indestructible? 

Who starts a chimney fire in the summer time? 

Why is Rob Deir killed and resurrected more then Lazarus? 

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:33 AM, ZooMalfunction said:

There are usually no kids in the films either. The counselors are normally training, or at the end of a season. They party in their downtime.

Packanack is a 'counselor training facility' according to the sign. Higgins is largely a private residence. Only Crystal Lake is a professional camp.

People could be playing softball with kids. The abundance of bear traps and machettes is more inexplicable.

Machetes are used to clear brush for nature paths and the bear traps are to cull dangerous predators that are attracted to the camps waste. Since the season is over I assume the traps have been brought back to avoid unnecessary harm to wildlife.

Why can't counselors move the furniture to barricade the doors better? I know low strength counselors wouldn't be able to move couches, but it's not too hard to move a table around, is it?