bewareofbears

Things That Don't Make Sense In-Game

63 posts in this topic

I know that some of the questions have already been answered. I just thought I would put them all in one post and give my take on them. I'm sure many won't see it the same way.

Where are the stars?   As was pointed out above the brightness of the moon could make it difficult to discern the stars. More likely, the programmers may have been running out of time and resources and stars probably weren't deemed important enough to add.

Why is Chad at Crystal Lake?   There could be a multitude of reasons. His parents told him to go out and earn his own money, he's trying to get community service credit for college, he's actually not as much of a spoiled brat as everyone believes and wants to earn his own paycheck.

Why is there only one thing in a drawer?  Again, trying to avoid the obvious "game mechanics" answer, in most of the movies, the camp is being set up or refurbished. Nothing may be stocked yet. Just the random items that were in the drawers that were shipped with the tables. I'm kind of reaching here.

Why are the car keys never on the key racks?  Maybe one of the counselors hid the keys from everyone else to take a car out later? Honestly, I don't have a good answer for this one.

Why are there TVs at a summer camp?  In the late 70's and early 80's, rabbit ears and antennae were just about the only way to get TV reception. Especially in rural areas. Cable TV was not that prevalent. 

Why isn't a Camp Crystal Lake t-shirt a clothing option? Good question. Maybe in DLC?

Why are all clothing options late-80's-to-early-90's when the game is based in the late-70's-to-early-80's? Actually, a lot of the clothes match the late 70's to early 80's style. Tiffany is wearing almost exactly what Daisy Duke wore on the Dukes of Hazzard. I think the clothes are fairly time-appropriate.

Why can't the Counselors just hop on the bikes?  Yet again, a very good question. I hope this is fixed with DLC as well.

Why are all the radios portable?  If you are talking about the walkie-talkies, they were a thing in the early 80's. Even if you lived in a small town without a Radio Shack, you could get a set at any local hardware store. If you are talking about the am/fm radios placed in the cabins, portable radios were very big during that time frame. A lot of kids walked down the street with their "boom-boxes".

Speaking of, why are all these flashlights infinitely powered? I believe it was mentioned before, but each match is 20 minutes. I wouldn't consider that infinite battery life.

Why are the cars missing batteries?  My guess is that the cars have been sitting a while, and the batteries have died.

Why do counselors say "is that a dead body?" Shock, pure and simple. I do agree that, much like the opening scene, they could implement a few more and randomize it.

Why is Part VII the weakest Jason?  Unfortunately, I think that is just an example of, "It looks balanced on paper", and the actual gameplay experience is different. Maybe with some tweaks to where grip strength and water speed have a greater impact, he will become more viable. I hate that he is the weakest too, he's the only one with the damn machete!

Why is the battery sometimes in a kitchen?  Again, in most of the movies, they are getting the camp ready for the kids. They probably just threw stuff down after they got it in the cabins.

Why does the boat propeller never spawn at the boat house?  It does, in two different places. The drum in the corner, and the chair by the opening.

Why does Jason reveal himself to the counselors only to morph back to his cabin immediately? Jason kills the guy, the counselors scatter, he decides to go back to the shack and get a couple of knives and take care of this nuisance. And maybe he wants to give mommy's shriveled head a kiss. 😘

Who gave any of the counselors driver license? Have you been on the highway? They drive as well as a lot of people I've seen out there. Actually, who says they have drivers' licenses? You don't need a license to drive, all you need is keys. (And gas and a battery in this case). My 12 year old nephew once took my brother's car out for a joy ride. He did as well as the counselors...he ran into a cinder block wall.

Why are there saw benches randomly strewn in the woods?  Assuming that the camp is being fixed up for the summer camp season, it makes total sense.

Why do half the counselors dress for winter and half of them dress for summer?  I remember seeing some douchebags wearing denim and leather jackets even when the weather was warm back in the day. Just because it looked "cool"

Who swapped Pamela's tombstone with Jason's? Maybe Jason, or Tommy? I honestly don't know.

What is the story behind the solitary aid spray in the cementery? As far as I know, there isn't a story. Just a random thing.

Why is there beer placed throughout the camp?  As I said before, most of the movies take place before the kids actually show up. Of course the counselors would be partying at night.

Why are there no bath houses on the other two maps?  I don't know about everyone else's experiences with summer camp, but we had outside showers. Maybe that is the explanation for all of the saw horses around the camp, construction of the shower stalls are still under way.

Where is the baseball field?  With the lack of baseballs around, the bats may just be there for defense. Even if there isn't a homicidal maniac around, there is wildlife. You can kill a snake with a bat. And, people with enough imagination can turn any empty space into a baseball field with just a little ingenuity.

What's with the amount and lack of weapons laying around?  

There are guns, flare guns, machetes, wrenches,  pipes, bats, knives, etc just laying out in the open for kids to get a hold of. And where are the camp specific weapons? There are bats but no balls, targets but no bows and arrows and row boats but no oars. 

Guns for protection, they are out in the wild. Flare guns are a standard part of many survival/emergency kits. Machetes are used to clear vegetation. If they are trying to get the camp ready for the kids, it makes sense. The wrenches and pipes are probably there to repair any plumbing leaks.  As far as bats, see above. Knives? I always carry a knife with me when camping. And Jason's throwing knives are part of his personal defenses. The rest of the weapons (wooden plank, frying pan, etc...) are just common items.

Why are there so many flare guns in a forest environment?  See answer above.

Why does Tommy always arrive through the Higgens cemetery? It just happens to be the direction he is coming from? 👍

Why does Tommy show up with ONE shotgun shell? Well, he was called at the last minute by somebody who was panicking. He probably just grabbed what he could and headed out. I also think that, over the years, Tommy has received more than one frantic radio message considering how big of a legend Jason is around there. He probably thinks it is another false alarm.

Why can't you escape on foot? This is another weak answer. Because it would make it too easy to escape.

Why is Lachappa already in full on fear mode by Packanack Lodge? During the intro, everyone is partying, chilling, and hanging out by lodge. But Lachappa is already scared out of his mind before Jason even shows up. That afraid to talk to girls? That is my guess. Being surrounded by all of the pretty girls just causes him a lot of anxiety.

How are so many triplets, quadruplets, etc at these camps all the time? And why do their parents all name them the same thing? I've actually wondered about this. I wish they would implement a system like Rainbow Six: Siege has. There is a list of the counselors, and if you want one, you have to pick it quickly or someone else would take it. Of course, with all of the rage-quitting because people don't spawn as Jason, that would probably be a really bad idea.

How can Jason break doors, stop moving cars, smash fences, yet get royally defeated by end tables? Being rather simple-minded, I think that Jason gets "tunnel vision". He see's the counselor in front of him, and the only thing he is focused on is killing that person. In his rage, it doesn't occur to him to simply smash the table. There were a few times in the movies that characters implemented this strategy.

How do all these counselors miss the knives imbedded into posts and walls everywhere? I don't believe any of the counselors can reach them.

Where are the actual heads of the camp? If the camp is being readied for the campers, there is no reason for them to be there. I'm sure they think that Kenny can handle the simple preparations. 

Why does Tommy does say "What the fuck is happening?" When he arrives? As I said above, I'm thinking since Jason is such an urban legend that Tommy has heard it all before. A case of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf". He didn't think anything would actually be happening and when he shows up, he finds out that he was wrong.

Why does he also say "I gotta get outta here!"? I'm thinking it's a simple case of temporary panic when he figures out that it is all real and happening again.

Why would nerds like Deborah and Eric know how to repair cars, phones, and boats? Actually, we are talking about installing a battery, pouring gas, installing a fuse, and putting a prop on a boat. None of them are really extensive repairs. 

What does J.R stand for anyway?  You could ask the backer who the counselor is based on.

Why is there a random toilet in Jason's shack?  Everybody's gotta poo! 😂 He probably put the toilet in when he first built the shack. One of the comforts of his old life.

Why are there so many typewriters? Well, there has to be tons of paperwork to be done to care for a camp full of children. This was before the days of PC's and word processors were hella expensive back in the day. Typewriters were the way to take care of paperwork.

Why are there so few beds? How few kids go to these camps and where are they sleeping? Why would they put three beds in one cabin that you have to hike to?  Again, my theory is that this is the state of the camp before it is finished. Maybe they were planning to move more beds in before the kids arrived.

Why would you put the kids so far apart? What if there was an emergency? I doubt they expected much to happen way out there in the woods. And that was a time that kids would stay out all day without their parents knowing where they were. I'm guessing that the camp was split up into different groups, with each group having it's own cabin and counselor(s). Also, they would have to separate the boys and the girls.

Where do they eat? Again, I am relying only on my own camp experiences. We did a lot of our own cooking over campfires. Of course, we didn't have cabins either. We all stayed in tents. As far as "What do they eat?", again, I don't think the pantries are stocked yet. I'm thinking the counselors probably have ice chests full of food somewhere. Also, that is a big lake. Maybe the camp is intending to teach the kids to catch, clean, and cook their own fish.

Even if they got TV at Crystal Lake, why would you put it beside of the few beds you have? I hate to keep going back to the same answer. But, I don't believe that everything is in it's place yet. I'm sure they are planning on adding more beds later.

Did the TARDIS explode again? Is that why there are no stars? There is no wildlife either. I touched on this before but honestly, I think both are a result of running out of time and resources to add little touches like stars and wildlife. I think the absence of stars can be (thinly) explained away with the bright moonlight making it difficult to see them. As for the wildlife, maybe they were scared away. I know, that is kinda weak too. I think adding wildlife would be quite a bit of programming that they just couldn't fit in.

Why would no one know where a phone is? I hate to sound like the old guy, but phones at a camp really weren't a big deal back then. Phone service in rural areas was actually hard to come by. I'm more shocked by the fact that they don't know where the damn radio is. That would actually be their main contact with the town. At the very least, Kenny should know exactly where to find it.

Why is Part 6's shoulders all messed up in the character selection screen.
Why does Jenny often have a mutant right shoulder in hers, but sometimes doesn't?
Why does LaChappa's elbow joints often bend the wrong way in his, but again, sometimes don't?

🙄 Well, those 3 are just graphic glitches. There are tons of those. Why do the counselors occasionally have hair that just freaks out all over the place? Why do dead people float 3 ft off the ground? Why do legs, arms, and weapons stick through doors and walls? etc...etc...etc...

Well, those are just my thoughts on the questions that were brought up. Hope everyone has a great night.

Who swapped Pamela's tombstone with Jason's? Watch the opening scene from Part VI.

5 minutes ago, reisod said:

Who swapped Pamela's tombstone with Jason's? Watch the opening scene from Part VI.

Pamela is not buried in the same graveyard as Jason. Pamela is a small cemetery on the side of the road. Jason's is in the middle an expansive cemetery.

Malevolence likes this

18 minutes ago, reisod said:

Pamela is not buried in the same graveyard as Jason. Pamela is a small cemetery on the side of the road. Jason's is in the middle an expansive cemetery.

This is true. But that is a cool scene. Let's check it out:

B0bZomb1e likes this

On 07/08/2017 at 9:07 PM, bewareofbears said:

Here's a late-night/early-morning post of random observations. Most of this has come up in conversation with @Ban_All_Music in-game.

• Where are the stars? If you've ever been camping, or anywhere away from the light pollution caused by a big city, you would remember seeing a shitload of stars.
  • Why is Chad at Crystal Lake? He's a rich Momma's boy- I get that. Why would he ever, in a million years, be a camp counselor? The only possible parallel in the films is Trent in the remake and Trent was not a counselor.
  • Why is there only one thing in a drawer? Has anyone ever opened a drawer in real life to find one single thing inside of that drawer? Who puts one thing in a drawer?
  • Why are the car keys never on the key racks? I get we're supposed to scavenge but wouldn't a key rack be the logical place for keys?
  • Why are there TVs at a summer camp? Does anyone remember watching TV at summer camp? Could you even get reception at Camp Crystal Lake?
  • Why isn't a Camp Crystal Lake t-shirt a clothing option? A counselor shirt should be available for all counselors to wear. The game specifically states they're counselors but none of them can dress the part.
  • Why are all clothing options late-80's-to-early-90's when the game is based in the late-70's-to-early-80's? Self-explanatory.

These aren't complaints, they're just oddities that don't make sense. Anyway, that's it for now. I know I had others but I'll think of them later.

Feel free to add to this list.

I think all the counsellor should be campers instead of counsellor like Tiffany wants the $=D but we looks really young she looks about 16\17 (like Deb) and Chad looks 18

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 6:32 AM, weirdkid5 said:

• Why can't the Counselors just hop on the bikes? Seriously they're just sitting there for the taking lol

it would be cool if the counselors could use bikes not to get away ( too easy) but it would be a better way of getting places instead of running and the bikes could use stamina too like if you were just riding causally it would take as much stamina as it would to jog but if you were peddling fast like youre in a race then it would use the stamina it uses when youre running

7 minutes ago, gamerzrul101 said:

it would be cool if the counselors could use bikes not to get away ( too easy) but it would be a better way of getting places instead of running and the bikes could use stamina too like if you were just riding causally it would take as much stamina as it would to jog but if you were peddling fast like youre in a race then it would use the stamina it uses when youre running

With all the little rocks lieing around I would be straight over the handlebars. Jason could have a cool decapitation kill like Roy did though. 

gtdjlocker311 likes this

9 minutes ago, Southernboy85 said:

I love the Titans mask my dude! @RAGEVIRUS

Cheers. Been a fan since the run and shoot in Houston mate. That choke job against the Bills in the playoffs still haunts me.

11 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Cheers. Been a fan since the run and shoot in Houston mate. That choke job against the Bills in the playoffs still haunts me.

It still haunts me too. I grew up as a Cowboys fan. You kinda had to in my house, or I would have been, as Eddie Murphy said "A 7-year old, walking the dog, no house-having motherfucker!" So, the 92-93 season had me pumped! I thought I was going to get to watch the first ever All Texas Super Bowl! That BS comeback broke my damn heart! Fuck you Jim Kelly!

RAGEVIRUS likes this

14 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

It still haunts me too. I grew up as a Cowboys fan. You kinda had to in my house, or I would have been, as Eddie Murphy said "A 7-year old, walking the dog, no house-having motherfucker!" So, the 92-93 season had me pumped! I thought I was going to get to watch the first ever All Texas Super Bowl! That BS comeback broke my damn heart! Fuck you Jim Kelly!

Haha. That's not good. Guess your not happy with young Zeke at the moment? It was. Was listening to it on armed forces radio which was the only way back then in England. Got to see the highlights later. Just needed to run the damn ball. Really thought when Bubba Mcdowell took the int to the house, at the beginning of the 3rd quarter to make it 35-3, the game was done. Oh and its fuck Frank Reich but Im not gonna hold that memory slip against you.😉 The fact that he done it and not Jim Kelly makes that collapse even more unfathomable. 

21 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Haha. That's not good. Guess your not happy with young Zeke at the moment? It was. Was listening to it on armed forces radio which was the only way back then in England. Got to see the highlights later. Just needed to run the damn ball. Really thought when Bubba Mcdowell took the int to the house, at the beginning of the 3rd quarter to make it 35-3, the game was done. Oh and its fuck Frank Reich but Im not gonna hold that memory slip against you.😉 The fact that he done it and not Jim Kelly makes that collapse even more unfathomable. 

I'm not happy with Jerry Jones, and I haven't been since the mid-late 90's. That man needs to write checks, shut the fuck up, and just sit in the box with his hookers and champagne. :lol: His golden boy, Tony Romo, should have been gone years before he was. I've worked all over the United States and the Cowboys are universally hated. I actually have fun with that. When the Cowboys beat the Saints during New Orleans' Super Bowl run, my wife and I went to the game with Cowboys jerseys on. It was a good time, with a lot of shit talking!

You're right, Jim Kelly was out. In Frank Reich's defense, he may have been the best backup quarterback of his time. I watched that entire game, and there were some very pissed off Texans in my living room, Houston and Dallas fans. 

1 hour ago, Rexfellis said:

I'm not happy with Jerry Jones, and I haven't been since the mid-late 90's. That man needs to write checks, shut the fuck up, and just sit in the box with his hookers and champagne. :lol: His golden boy, Tony Romo, should have been gone years before he was. I've worked all over the United States and the Cowboys are universally hated. I actually have fun with that. When the Cowboys beat the Saints during New Orleans' Super Bowl run, my wife and I went to the game with Cowboys jerseys on. It was a good time, with a lot of shit talking!

You're right, Jim Kelly was out. In Frank Reich's defense, he may have been the best backup quarterback of his time. I watched that entire game, and there were some very pissed off Texans in my living room, Houston and Dallas fans. 

Agreed. He definitely gets way to involved in matters that he has no business too. Thats what happens when you make yourself gm. That shit too saying 500 coaches could of won those superbowls Jimmy won. Cant blame him for leaving. Also agree about the Cowboys being hated, but I was rooting for you in those games and strangely really enjoyed your beat down of the Bills.

Romo was a walking accident for his last few years.

Your a lucky person being able to go to games in person. Luckily my gf is up for a holiday to Nashville next year hopefully to watch a game.  

And yeah, Frank could of started on a lot of teams.

As far as flashlights being infinite, yes I know any good flashlight can easily last longer than 20 minutes. But this would simply be for gameplay purposes. Some games flashlights barely last 4 minutes before you need to replace the battery, simply for added stress. This would also make it harder to maintain your fear. You would need to replace the flashlight batteries at least once in a match. I don't think that would be too bad and would add another small layer to the gameplay.

12 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

As far as flashlights being infinite, yes I know any good flashlight can easily last longer than 20 minutes. But this would simply be for gameplay purposes. Some games flashlights barely last 4 minutes before you need to replace the battery, simply for added stress. This would also make it harder to maintain your fear. You would need to replace the flashlight batteries at least once in a match. I don't think that would be too bad and would add another small layer to the gameplay.

I'm sorry, but that would stack a needless amount of coding onto the programmers who have more than enough to deal with right now for a game mechanic that doesn't make sense. If the player controlling Jason is doing his job right, there should be plenty of stress on the counselors. Most of the games you are talking about where the batteries run out take place over an entire night, or several days in game time. (i.e. Resident Evil 7, Prey) This game takes place in real time, and the matches are 20 minutes long. As I, and several other people, have said, it doesn't make sense for flashlight batteries to run out in that time period.

27 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

Definitely not into having flashlights running out of battery. Its hard enough for me too see when they're working.

On 8/7/2017 at 6:07 AM, bewareofbears said:

Why is Chad at Crystal Lake?

Because there are hot chicks there?

My question: where are Tommy's eyebrows, and why didn't he bring more than 1 shell?

2 minutes ago, CowardlyBadger said:

Because there are hot chicks there?

My question: where are Tommy's eyebrows, and why didn't he bring more than 1 shell?

I think Chad's tastes are likely more "refined" than camp counselor gals. He likely is on a never-ending hunt for the perfect trophy wife which I'm sure he can no doubt accomplish at his prep school or college/university of choice.

How does Jason manage to carry around numerous traps?

Why would Tommy not alert the authorities when he has been contacted?

2 hours ago, ArkhamCV said:

How does Jason manage to carry around numerous traps?

Why would Tommy not alert the authorities when he has been contacted?

1. Big pockets

2. Well, he only brought one bullet to kill Jason so that should give you a hint of his intelligence. I think they need to rework his stats and give him 1 in intelligence. 

4 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I think Chad's tastes are likely more "refined" than camp counselor gals. He likely is on a never-ending hunt for the perfect trophy wife which I'm sure he can no doubt accomplish at his prep school or college/university of choice.

giphy.gif

Chad from scream queens

StarLord likes this