bewareofbears

Things That Don't Make Sense In-Game

65 posts in this topic

Here's a late-night/early-morning post of random observations. Most of this has come up in conversation with @Ban_All_Music in-game.

• Where are the stars? If you've ever been camping, or anywhere away from the light pollution caused by a big city, you would remember seeing a shitload of stars.
  • Why is Chad at Crystal Lake? He's a rich Momma's boy- I get that. Why would he ever, in a million years, be a camp counselor? The only possible parallel in the films is Trent in the remake and Trent was not a counselor.
  • Why is there only one thing in a drawer? Has anyone ever opened a drawer in real life to find one single thing inside of that drawer? Who puts one thing in a drawer?
  • Why are the car keys never on the key racks? I get we're supposed to scavenge but wouldn't a key rack be the logical place for keys?
  • Why are there TVs at a summer camp? Does anyone remember watching TV at summer camp? Could you even get reception at Camp Crystal Lake?
  • Why isn't a Camp Crystal Lake t-shirt a clothing option? A counselor shirt should be available for all counselors to wear. The game specifically states they're counselors but none of them can dress the part.
  • Why are all clothing options late-80's-to-early-90's when the game is based in the late-70's-to-early-80's? Self-explanatory.

These aren't complaints, they're just oddities that don't make sense. Anyway, that's it for now. I know I had others but I'll think of them later.

Feel free to add to this list.

DialM, PrettyBoyNick, huuru and 5 others like this

• Why can't the Counselors just hop on the bikes? Seriously they're just sitting there for the taking lol

Why are all the radios portable? Surely portable radios weren't this readily available during this time period. You'd figure they'd need wall sockets since batteries aren't something you usually bring for camping (aside for flashlights)

• Speaking of, why are all these flashlights infinitely powered?  It would make things more interesting if flashlights ran out of power, requiring you to find batteries for it.

Why is Part VII the weakest Jason?

Why is the battery sometimes in a kitchen?

Why does the boat propeller never spawn at the boat house?

Why does Jason reveal himself to the counselors only to morph back to his cabin immediately?

Who gave any of the counselors driver license?

Why are there saw benches randomly strewn in the woods?

Why do half the counselors dress for winter and half of them dress for summer?

Who swapped Pamela's tombstone with Jason's?

What is the story behind the solitary aid spray in the cementary?

2 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Why is Chad at Crystal Lake? 

Maybe, he needs extra curriculars for college or he likes giving back to the community. 

Why is there only one thing in a drawer?

Better than nothing, which is exactly what's in most drawers. 

Why are there TVs at a summer camp?

I could see them in common areas(lunch room or meeting areas), main house, and counselors quarters. Even without cable rabbit ears should get you some reception. 

2 hours ago, weirdkid5 said:

Why are all the radios portable?

Yes, I knock out power and radio keeps blaring. The thing is they don't look like portable radios. 

Speaking of, why are all these flashlights infinitely powered?  

Well, they would be some pretty shitty batteries if they couldn't even last 20 minutes. 

Why can't the Counselors just hop on the bikes?

Yes, annoying that there are bikes everywhere but completely useless. 

2 hours ago, Davidt said:

Why are the cars missing batteries?

Jason stole them while everyone was partying and instead of destroying them he just hid them because he likes a challenge. 

2 hours ago, Davidt said:

Why do counselors say "is that a dead body?

A better question is,  "why aren't stingers attached to body instead of kill location?" walking in a room and jumping at nothing because the body has been kicked halfway down the road is annoying. 

Now my questions.

Why is there beer placed throughout the camp? This is a camp for kids, right? Seems like very poor counseling if the kids can just grab a tallboy anytime they want. 

Why are there no bath houses on the other two maps? It would take forever to get everyone through a shower without a bath house. Not to mention emergency situations which require immediate toilet access. 

Where is the baseball field?  With the number of bats laying around surely there is a baseball field. 

What's with the amount and lack of weapons laying around?  There are guns, flare guns, machetes, wrenches,  pipes, bats, knives, etc just laying out in the open for kids to get a hold of. And where are the camp specific weapons? There are bats but no balls, targets but no bows and arrows and row boats but no oars. 

Why are there so many flare guns in a forest environment? Smokey the bear has been around a long time and surely would have said this was a bad idea. 

Why does Tommy always arrive through the Higgens cemetery? Seems a little out of the way to get to packanack or crystal lake

Why does Tommy show up with ONE shotgun shell?  If he is truly prepared to stop Jason at any moment, wouldn't he bring more ammo?

As someone else said, why are batteries out of cars?  If you want me to suspend disbelief, then it would make much more sense for Jason to sabotage car by slashing a tire.

RandallFlagg likes this

11 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Maybe, he needs extra curriculars for college or he likes giving back to the community. 

Better than nothing, which is exactly what's in most drawers. 

I could see them in common areas(lunch room or meeting areas), main house, and counselors quarters. Even without cable rabbit ears should get you some reception. 

Yes, I knock out power and radio keeps blaring. The thing is they don't look like portable radios. 

Well, they would be some pretty shitty batteries if they couldn't even last 20 minutes. 

Yes, annoying that there are bikes everywhere but completely useless. 

Jason stole them while everyone was partying and instead of destroying them he just hid them because he likes a challenge. 

A better question is,  "why aren't stingers attached to body instead of kill location?" walking in a room and jumping at nothing because the body has been kicked halfway down the road is annoying. 

Now my questions.

Why is there beer placed throughout the camp? This is a camp for kids, right? Seems like very poor counseling if the kids can just grab a tallboy anytime they want. 

Why are there no bath houses on the other two maps? It would take forever to get everyone through a shower without a bath house. Not to mention emergency situations which require immediate toilet access. 

Where is the baseball field?  With the number of bats laying around surely there is a baseball field. 

What's with the amount and lack of weapons laying around?  There are guns, flare guns, machetes, wrenches,  pipes, bats, knives, etc just laying out in the open for kids to get a hold of. And where are the camp specific weapons? There are bats but no balls, targets but no bows and arrows and row boats but no oars. 

Why are there so many flare guns in a forest environment? Smokey the bear has been around a long time and surely would have said this was a bad idea. 

Why does Tommy always arrive through the Higgens cemetery? Seems a little out of the way to get to packanack or crystal lake

There are usually no kids in the films either. The counselors are normally training, or at the end of a season. They party in their downtime.

Packanack is a 'counselor training facility' according to the sign. Higgins is largely a private residence. Only Crystal Lake is a professional camp.

People could be playing softball with kids. The abundance of bear traps and machettes is more inexplicable.

Why can't you escape on foot? Even if you make it to the exit points you can only escape in car or if the police are there.

Why is Lachappa already in full on fear mode by Packanack Lodge? During the intro, everyone is partying, chilling, and hanging out by lodge. But Lachappa is already scared out of his mind before Jason even shows up. That afraid to talk to girls?

How are so many triplets, quadruplets, etc at these camps all the time? And why do their parents all name them the same thing? I mean, I can't tell you how often I see 3-4 AJ's and 2 Deborah's, and 2 Bugzy's at these camps! Who knew these camps only catered to siblings like this! And their parents couldn't name them differently?

How can Jason break doors, stop moving cars, smash fences, yet get royally defeated by end tables? I guess even Superman had kryptonite right?

How do all these counselors miss the knives imbedded into posts and walls everywhere? I mean Jason grabs them from all over, yet counselors run by and can't touch them. Too much work to stop and gather them! Or maybe they'd just rather use pots and pans!

Personally, I've preferred to imagine disgruntled bikers siphoned all the gas out of the vehicles... like in Part 3.

And that the car batteries are spare batteries, since in the movies most of the getaway vehicles have a tendency die or not start.

And Tommy shows up with only one shell because he stole the shotgun from the sheriff's department and in his haste didn't think to grab more shells? I know, sounds like a crazy thing to do, but keep in mind he did spend some time in a mental institution... before he got contacts and plastic surgery...

RandallFlagg likes this

1 hour ago, cruehitman said:

How do all these counselors miss the knives imbedded into posts and walls everywhere? I mean Jason grabs them from all over, yet counselors run by and can't touch them. Too much work to stop and gather them! Or maybe they'd just rather use pots and pans!

I think I read somewhere in some sort of instruction that the knives are supposedly just out of the reach of counselors. 

RandallFlagg likes this

5 hours ago, Malevolence said:

Why does the boat propeller never spawn at the boat house?

It can spawn at the boathouse.  When it does, it appears on the oil drum approximately in the middle of the boathouse on the lakeside. 

1 minute ago, Vaderspupil said:

It can spawn at the boathouse.  When it does, it appears on the oil drum approximately in the middle of the boathouse on the lakeside. 

It also spawns on a chair in the corner closest to the boat. 

Where are the actual heads of the camp? Did they go to the nearby town bar like Steve Christy for a drink and leave poor Kenny behind to manage a bunch of teenagers because he's the head counselor? Kenny doesn't look that much older than the teens, and teens tend to not take authority seriously if they're only a few years older than them.

Why does Tommy does say "What the fuck is happening?" When he arrives? My guy, I just called you on the radio two seconds ago about this mass murdering man child, that you've encountered before, slaughtering my friends, what the fuck do you think is happening?

Why does he also say "I gotta get outta here!"? Asshole, I called you on the radio two seconds ago so you can help me and my friends get out of here! What did I call you for, then?

Why would nerds like Deborah and Eric know how to repair cars, phones, and boats? Just because a person is super intelligent doesn't mean they can fix anything, especially heavy machinery like cars and boats. And I'm confused at AJ having high repair too. Who knew rockers could repair anything?

What does J.R stand for anyway? 

Why is there a random toilet in Jason's shack?  With all those years being forced to live on his own, I doubt that Jason gives a shit about basic plumbing and he probably shits all over the woods. And I seriously doubt that the zombie Jasons give any shits about taking a random shit when they're undead and are only concerned with killing at this point.

SnakeSound222 and RandallFlagg like this

9 minutes ago, LadySansaLannister said:

Junior Richard aka little weenie. School showers are the worst for nicknames. 

12 minutes ago, LadySansaLannister said:

Why is there a random toilet in Jason's shack?

It answers that old adage does Jason shit in the woods. 

RandallFlagg likes this

1. Why are there so many typewriters? Are they writing novels or going to summer camp?And if they are going to summer camp, why are there so many typewriters instead of pencils and paper to write home with?

2. Why are there so few beds? How few kids go to these camps and where are they sleeping? Why would they put three beds in one cabin that you have to hike to? The counselors can't even jog to it without needing to catch their breath!

3. Why would you put the kids so far apart? What if there was an emergency? Like a masked mass murderer on the loose. No one would ever know. Who would send their kids to Camp I Know What You Did Last Summer?

4. Where do they eat? There are tables and such, but only one small kitchen per camp. What do they eat?

5. Even if they got TV at Crystal Lake, why would you put it beside of the few beds you have? The kids are already sharing beds! Let them sleep!

6. Did the TARDIS explode again? Is that why there are no stars? There is no wildlife either. Why is this camp so dead before anyone actually dies?

7. Why would no one know where a phone is? Seems like someone would have said, "The phone is in the cabin furthest away from the center of the camp for...reasons."

bewareofbears likes this

Why is Part 6's shoulders all messed up in the character selection screen.

Why does Jenny often have a mutant right shoulder in hers, but sometimes doesn't?

Why does LaChappa's elbow joints often bend the wrong way in his, but again, sometimes don't?

47 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

6. Did the TARDIS explode again? Is that why there are no stars? There is no wildlife either. Why is this camp so dead before anyone actually dies?

It's a bright full moon and the camp is very well lit. The human eye can't see stars under those conditions as your pupils need to be very dilated in order to see stars. For that reason, due to the reflected light off the surface, you can't even see stars when on the moon.

Regarding wildlife, wild animals tend to avoid bright lights and commotion.

2 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Why is Part 6's shoulders all messed up in the character selection screen.

Why does Jenny often have a mutant right shoulder in hers, but sometimes doesn't?

Why does LaChappa's elbow joints often bend the wrong way in his, but again, sometimes don't?

It's a bright full moon and the camp is very well lit. The human eye can't see stars under those conditions as your pupils need to be very dilated in order to see stars. For that reason, due to the reflected light off the surface, you can't even see stars when on the moon.

Regarding wildlife, wild animals tend to avoid bright lights and commotion.

You'd still see stars. These aren't the newer light bulbs and from how yellow they are, nothing is particularly well-lit.

13 hours ago, weirdkid5 said:

• Why can't the Counselors just hop on the bikes? Seriously they're just sitting there for the taking lol

Why are all the radios portable? Surely portable radios weren't this readily available during this time period. You'd figure they'd need wall sockets since batteries aren't something you usually bring for camping (aside for flashlights)

• Speaking of, why are all these flashlights infinitely powered?  It would make things more interesting if flashlights ran out of power, requiring you to find batteries for it.

1. Dunno. Same could be asked why all the cars are missing batteries and gas.

2. Umm...we had walkie talkies back then. I had a set as a kid in the 80's. You could buy them pretty readily. There was no internet and cell phones were the size of bricks, but walkie talkies were no-biggie.

3.  Don't know of any flashlight that uses up all the juice after being on for 20 minutes or less. Even in the 80's.  LOL.

7 hours ago, LadySansaLannister said:

Where are the actual heads of the camp? Did they go to the nearby town bar like Steve Christy for a drink and leave poor Kenny behind to manage a bunch of teenagers because he's the head counselor? Kenny doesn't look that much older than the teens, and teens tend to not take authority seriously if they're only a few years older than them.

Why does Tommy does say "What the fuck is happening?" When he arrives? My guy, I just called you on the radio two seconds ago about this mass murdering man child, that you've encountered before, slaughtering my friends, what the fuck do you think is happening?

Why does he also say "I gotta get outta here!"? Asshole, I called you on the radio two seconds ago so you can help me and my friends get out of here! What did I call you for, then?

Why would nerds like Deborah and Eric know how to repair cars, phones, and boats? Just because a person is super intelligent doesn't mean they can fix anything, especially heavy machinery like cars and boats. And I'm confused at AJ having high repair too. Who knew rockers could repair anything?

Why is there a random toilet in Jason's shack?  With all those years being forced to live on his own, I doubt that Jason gives a shit about basic plumbing and he probably shits all over the woods. And I seriously doubt that the zombie Jasons give any shits about taking a random shit when they're undead and are only concerned with killing at this point.

1. I think Kenny got screwed.:lol:

2. Good question. Maybe Tommy has short term and long term memory loss.

3. He survived for a reason. In game he seems about as heroic as Ash in the Evil Dead.

4. Duh. They're nerds. Embrace the stereotype dammit! LOL - Maybe they had crappy cars like I did as a youth and needed to repair them all the time just to get to school and back home.

5. Junior perhaps? Might be the initials of the person who contributed his likeness to the character in game.

6. Jason had a toilet in Part 2 in his shack. Better than crapping in the woods I'd suspect.;)

reisod likes this

13 hours ago, Davidt said:

Why do counselors say "is that a dead body?" Clearly u can see it is a body when u come across one

I just thought they were performance artists.

With Shelly playing pranks all the time, maybe they thought it was a staged gag and were going to have a laugh. 

This sure did seem to be one Wet, Hot, American Summer.

Why is the phone fuse always taken out? Are the kids calling 1-900 #s or can they not reach out to their parents like Kamp Krusty?

Is a motorized propeller blade the safest item to leave in a cabin for children?

Does anyone wash their clothes out here? No clothing lines, no wash machines. They barely have showers. 

What is the active ingredients of the first aid spray?

It removes stains, seals wounds, completely heals? No tetanus, no Aids. All clear?

Do the counselors on the phone with the cops ever listen to the cops or Do they scream at them the whole time?

How does the car fix itself if you simply turn it off and on again like a mediocre IT guy? When I crashed my car, I didn't just restart it and it stopped smoking and the hood corrected itself. It's like a Hot Wheels car where you roll the door to show damage one side, and fixes on the other. Yeah, I am old. 

how can jason get knocked on his ass when a little nerd hits him with a frying pan while she can take three hits with an axe and keep trucking along like she was on the receiving end of a really hard slug bug?

Alkavian likes this