VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

Hitting Jason through broken doors, walls, & windows - Glitch or no?

Hitting Jason through broken doors, walls, and windows - glitch or no?   31 members have voted

1. 1. Hitting Jason through broken doors, walls, and windows - glitch or no?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

27 posts in this topic

Recently I played with some people that criticized me for hitting Jason through a broken door with a baseball bat, saying it was a glitch. I said no it's not because you can only hit Jason through the door once it has a hole in it. Additionally, to my knowledge, throwing knives can also be thrown through doors and walls that have a hole in them(before they've been fully destroyed). Although strangely Flares and Shotguns cannot fire through these holes, they hit an invisible wall. Must be something weird with the way those guns are coded vs doors and walls.

So is hitting Jason through half-broken doors and walls a glitch or is it not? I say it's not.

I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to hit Jason through a door that he has partially destroyed. The laws of physics applies here. If there is enough of a hole in the door for a bat to fit through, there should be no reason why you couldn't use that to your advantage. I don't think that is a glitch. Honestly, I think the fact that guns can't fire through that space is the glitch. But that is just my opinion.

Quick question, was it the other counselors telling you it was a glitch, or just a butthurt Jason that got smacked through a broken door?

It's fair game in my opinion since Jason can also hit you through the doors while breaking it in combat stance and hit you through windows. Especially a pain in the ass with Part 6 and Savini Jason with those long weapons. 

Ker Juice likes this

I've been in many games spectating, and seen Jason get hit through a partially broken door. I don't think it's a glitch.

Just the other day, I saw Jason get hit through a broken window - first time I've seen this.

I think it's pretty annoying but since both can do it it's somewhat fair. I think it only makes sense for Jason to be able to hit through doors or windows, or a Counselor using a bat through a window.

bewareofbears and DialM like this

58 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

IQuick question, was it the other counselors telling you it was a glitch, or just a butthurt Jason that got smacked through a broken door?

It was the dead counselors spectating that told me it was a glitch and said "people complain about it on the forums all the time."

45 minutes ago, j03audette said:

It's fair game in my opinion since Jason can also hit you through the doors while breaking it in combat stance and hit you through windows. Especially a pain in the ass with Part 6 and Savini Jason with those long weapons. 

I don't mind the weapon going through the door but right now while using combat stance Jason's BODY clips through the door, giving him ridiculous reach. a good 2/3 of his body will phase through the door and you can't hit him back because his range is so long, with a wall between you and him to boot.

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Recently I played with some people that criticized me for hitting Jason through a broken door with a baseball bat, saying it was a glitch. I said no it's not because you can only hit Jason through the door once it has a hole in it. Additionally, to my knowledge, throwing knives can also be thrown through doors and walls that have a hole in them(before they've been fully destroyed). Although strangely Flares and Shotguns cannot fire through these holes, they hit an invisible wall. Must be something weird with the way those guns are coded vs doors and walls.

So is hitting Jason through half-broken doors and walls a glitch or is it not? I say it's not.

Can be done through undamaged door, knives cannot go through a broken door. Even if the knives could you must be afk to get hit by them since they would need careful aiming.

If you do it right you can get flares through a door.

33 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

It was the dead counselors spectating that told me it was a glitch and said "people complain about it on the forums all the time."

I don't mind the weapon going through the door but right now while using combat stance Jason's BODY clips through the door, giving him ridiculous reach. a good 2/3 of his body will phase through the door and you can't hit him back because his range is so long, with a wall between you and him to boot.

Can counter hit that easy. Timing + spacing.

It's likely not a glitch, but a largely unavoidable clipping issue. Almost all games have clipping. It is what it is.

I don't consider it unfair though as it goes both ways. You can just as easy stun Jason through the door too.

2 hours ago, Pappus said:

Can be done through undamaged door, knives cannot go through a broken door. Even if the knives could you must be afk to get hit by them since they would need careful aiming.

I've never been able to land a hit through an undamaged door. Will have to do some testing in private lobby.

2 hours ago, Pappus said:

Can counter hit that easy. Timing + spacing.

Doesn't matter if there's a "counter." No one should be able to clip through doors and walls.

9 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I've never been able to land a hit through an undamaged door. Will have to do some testing in private lobby.

Doesn't matter if there's a "counter." No one should be able to clip through doors and walls.

I've been hit by a counselor through an undamaged door. I think both counselors and Jason being able to make contact through doors and walls is a clipping issue and is not intended game play. I'd call it an oversight by the developers but with clipping it's hard to see sometimes.

For me, this falls into the same category as combat stance to break doors, flares, and traps. It's kind of shady game play and I don't do it, but if you choose to it's whatever. I may call you cheap but only because I got KO'ed and will forget about it in five seconds.

I wouldn't say it's a "glitch" but I feel it's an "exploit". Not as egregious as body-blocking, abduction, and the new Packanack nonsense but an exploit nonetheless. 

You can do it before there's a hole in the door, so yeah it's a glitch. It can be done at anytime if Jason is using combat stance to break the door because he partially glitches through the door. It can't happen when using the door breaking animation, so that should be a pretty good indicator that it isn't supposed to be possible.

If he couldn't hit you back; yeah I'd say glitch but since its a two way street; its just the way it is. Honestly though why wouldn't  you be able to hit each other through an open space?

2 hours ago, rickyount02 said:

I've been hit by a counselor through an undamaged door. I think both counselors and Jason being able to make contact through doors and walls is a clipping issue and is not intended game play. I'd call it an oversight by the developers but with clipping it's hard to see sometimes.

For me, this falls into the same category as combat stance to break doors, flares, and traps. It's kind of shady game play and I don't do it, but if you choose to it's whatever. I may call you cheap but only because I got KO'ed and will forget about it in five seconds.

I wouldn't say it's a "glitch" but I feel it's an "exploit". Not as egregious as body-blocking, abduction, and the new Packanack nonsense but an exploit nonetheless. 

Well if they can update the doors and walls to allow contact once it's  semi-destroyed but not when it's intact then i think that would be fair gameplay. I always wait until there's a hole in it because it would make logical sense to hit Jason through a hole.

Windows are literally an open space so there's no clipping to call foul on in that case.

@DEATH it actually can happen in the door/wall chopping animation, it takes good timing.

I don't mind being hit through a semi broken door if I get too close.  What I despise is being hit through a solid unbreakable wall if I'm up against it.

12 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Well if they can update the doors and walls to allow contact once it's  semi-destroyed but not when it's intact then i think that would be fair gameplay. I always wait until there's a hole in it because it would make logical sense to hit Jason through a hole.

Windows are literally an open space so there's no clipping to call foul on in that case.

@DEATH it actually can happen in the door/wall chopping animation, it takes good timing.

While I agree that it would be fair game play, realistically I think it would be near impossible to hit Jason with any force through that size hole or window for that matter. 

To try to swing a baseball bat with the speed and power to stun Jason through a small hole in a door isn't realistic. Even trying to swing a bat through an entirely open door would be difficult in real life. 

But, if it's not a clipping issue and you're meant to be able to catch him through doors and windows, I'm good with it.

There are two salient points to this issue:

1) It's definitely a clipping problem in a lot of instances. Jasons w/ long weapons and counselors with baseball bats can definitely hit one another through walls and undamaged doors.

2) Developer intention aside, it's one of the few things in this game that is completely fair to both sides because they can both take advantage of it equally. In that respect, I don't have a problem with it.

malloymk likes this

Perfectly said @Shadesofjoe it goes both ways. Plenty of times I've chased a counselor to a window they're jumping through, wait til they stand up and smack them through the window. Nothing to complain about considering it goes both ways 

4 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I don't know. Ask Gun Media. It's not on their official exploit list so........

I'm pretty certain one of the developers stated that using combat stance to break down doors is perfectly fine as long as you understand that you run the risk of getting stunned, compared to breaking it down normally where you are "invulnerable" to those inside the house.

9 minutes ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

breaking it down normally where you are "invulnerable" to those inside the house.

You can still stun a Jason through the door if they're using the intended animation. It makes it easier to do consistently actually since there's no variation.

Just now, konamijudge said:

You can still stun a Jason through the door if they're using the intended animation. It makes it easier to do consistently actually since there's no variation.

I've actually never seen that happen (not saying it can't). I've hit Jason coming through a door with combat stance. I've hit Jason through windows, but I've never seen a Jason stunned through a door while in the regular door-breaking animation. I'll have to test that out.

1 hour ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

I've actually never seen that happen (not saying it can't). I've hit Jason coming through a door with combat stance. I've hit Jason through windows, but I've never seen a Jason stunned through a door while in the regular door-breaking animation. I'll have to test that out.

I can confirm that this is possible. It's happened to me multiple times. 

2 hours ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

compared to breaking it down normally where you are "invulnerable" to those inside the house.

From my experience it is easier to hit Jason in the normal door breaking animation because his weapon range is limited to the door itself, so if you time it where you press attack right when his weapon has landed and has only just started going back for the next hit, you can hit him. Compared to Jason in Combat Stance, with power attacks(the overhead strikes), his body lunges forward and a good 3/4 of his whole body actually clips through the door, providing him a very long range into the house. I've seen it happen where only his feet were still outside the house. Counselors can't clip through doors like that even with their own power attacks. At best only their weapon clips through the door. I'm making a compilation of my footage where Jason clips though doors for this thread. Will post it when it's done.

16 hours ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

I'm pretty certain one of the developers stated that using combat stance to break down doors is perfectly fine as long as you understand that you run the risk of getting stunned, compared to breaking it down normally where you are "invulnerable" to those inside the house.

This is not true. Jason is not invulnerable if he tries to break down the door using the animation. In fact, I have found it easier to stun Jason through the door if he's using the prompt vs. combat stance.