Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neonseraphim

stat points as rewards

6 posts in this topic

To add replay value to the game, and make rewards more exciting I propose that certain progressions can reward you with 1 permanent stat point that you can give to any of the counselors.  Also not will have limitations, like not being able to increase a stat that is already at 10, but you should be able to remove and re-add that point to any councelor to avoid having people complaining that they added it to the wrong counselor by accident. 

Some ideas for the stats are:

1 point - completing all the badges

1 point - for reaching lvl 50

1 point - reaching lvl 99

1 point - obtaining the very first Pamela Voorhees tape

1 point - completing all Pamela Voorhes tapes

So you have a total of 5 points someone to play around, so you have a distictive difference from someone who plays a counselor up to lvl 99 over someone who is lvl 25 who got lucky with a few good perks. 

Yes it is meant to slightly break the balance and favor those who have played the longest.  It is the intention,  just like perks do. But the intention here is not for a random reward.  You can have a lvl 5 newb roll a low profile epic, whom me on lvl 60 still running on a rare or lesser grade perk, just because I been unlucky.  So, you should have random upgrade rewards as well as play time upgrade rewards.  Trust me 5 points will not do that much of a difference, but will feel good to earn them.

I wouldn't mind unlocking perks that could increase stats by one point. They might have to limit it to just one "stat boost perk" at a time because increasing 3 different stats by 1 might break the balance. Or they could have it reduce another stat by 1. Say:

Speed+1/Stamina-1

Repair+1/Strengh-1

Since there are an odd number of stats then they could have these special perks randomize which combo gets buffed and nerfed. You could get any combination.

Quinn FTW likes this

2 hours ago, Super-Luke88 said:

Nah... Each character is well balanced, this would cause an issue with the character equilibrium.

Agreed. Last thing we need is this. If the unlocked clothing isn't enough, maybe any perks common or below are locked once you hit 101. That would help in getting better perks. 

Personally I don't think anything is needed to be done. The game is good as is. We just need bugs dealt with.

Rissiggrave, you are aware that the development team is not the same as the bug fix team?  Sound lime your interest is mostly in the fix if the bugs, I do agree that the game is good as is, but feels Less rewarding the more you play.  My feedback does not make the game bad.  Unlocking clothes, heh, I will not go as far as Calling it that, they are but different textures for existing skins.  I did submitted a feedback for new costumed with different meshes already.  I don't know.  I'm 68 now, rolling crappy perks left and right, have not found a single Pamela tape, and leveling up just does not feel rewarding at all.