Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tattooey

Comedy Movie Staring F13 Most Beloved

35 posts in this topic

Heres a fairly new Kane Hodder movie which is horror yes but also a comedy. I'll leave you with the trailer and tell me your opinions.

6 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

Heres a fairly new Kane Hodder movie which is horror yes but also a comedy. I'll leave you with the trailer and tell me your opinions.

None of those people are icons outside of Hodder. Movie looks pretty bad. Was it made for TV or streaming?

4 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

None of those people are icons outside of Hodder. 

Bill Moseley says hello!

I usually cringe at these kinds of horror flicks but if this is ever on Netflix/Hulu/Amazon I'd give it a watch. I was kinda hoping this would have been like Behind The Mask,and this was a giant roadtrip comedy with the actual movie killers.

2moar likes this

3 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Bill Moseley says hello!

I usually cringe at these kinds of horror flicks but if this is ever on Netflix/Hulu/Amazon I'd give it a watch.

Sorry but I didn't think any of these movies were anything special

House of 1000 Corpses (2003), Repo! The Genetic Opera (2008) and The Devil's Rejects (2005) The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (1986)

Best Horror comedies 

Shaun of the Dead

Evil Dead 2

Dead Alive

An American Warewolf in London

4 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Sorry but I didn't think any of these movies were anything special

House of 1000 Corpses (2003), Repo! The Genetic Opera (2008) and The Devil's Rejects (2005) The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (1986)

I hate Rob Zombie films. I love TCM 2. Choptop is legendary.

Regardless of my feelings about House and Rejects,Bill Moseley elevated that character and himself to the level of horror icon.

2 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

I hate Rob Zombie films. I love TCM 2. Regardless of my feelings about House and Rejects,Bill Moseley elevated that character and himself to the level of horror icon.

Dude Rob Zombie created two awesome Halloween remakes that weren't a complete disappointment. Gave us a solid origin story in the first & a closing second.

reisod likes this

2 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

I hate Rob Zombie films. I love TCM 2. Regardless of my feelings about House and Rejects,Bill Moseley elevated that character and himself to the level of horror icon.

I love The Devil's Rejects! I have the Firefly Clan mugshots hanging on my cabinet in my cubicle. Choptop is awesome! My face always wrinkles in disgust as he picks and eats his face! Too nasty!

1 minute ago, Tattooey said:

Dude Rob Zombie created two awesome Halloween remakes that weren't a complete disappointment. Gave us a solid origin story in the first & a closing second.

Here is the part where we agree to disagree/admit that everyone has different tastes  and politely bow out.

But you almost got me to start arguing with "gave us a solid origin story."

;)

6 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Here is the part where we agree to disagree/admit that everyone has different tastes  and politely bow out.

;)

The original Halloween tho had a quick few minute scene in the beginning showing a kid killing his sister and boyfriend that was it.

In Rob Zombies remake he showed this kid living in a broken difficult home being bullied by his moms boyfriend & sister. Also bullied at school for being different & cause his mom was a stripper & which is Mr Zombies wife too btw. So I think it was a solid retailing & detailed in why this young kid cracked & became a lunatic menacing serial killer. Good half of the beginning was based on this kids broken life. Just my opinion.

btw your opinion is valued regardless if it's opposing my views.

reisod likes this

3 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

;)

This is my Michael Myers origin story:

"I met him, fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this six-year-old child with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized that what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply... evil. "

- Dr. Loomis

3 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

The original Halloween tho had a quick few minute scene in the beginning showing a kid killing his sister and boyfriend that was it.

In Rob Zombies remake he showed this kid living in a broken difficult home being bullied by his moms boyfriend & sister. Also bullied at school for being different & cause his mom was a stripper & which is Mr Zombies wife too btw. So I think it was a solid retailing & detailed in why this young kid cracked & became a lunatic menacing serial killer. Good half of the beginning was based on this kids broken life. Just my opinion.

Many people despise it for this. I am of the opinion that "Less is More" with The Shape. The shroud of mystery and mystique makes him more terrifying. My belated brother hated that adaptation. He was a huge Michael Myers fan.

16 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

Many people despise it for this. I am of the opinion that "Less is More" with The Shape. The shroud of mystery and mystique makes him more terrifying. My belated brother hated that adaptation. He was a huge Michael Myers fan.

Fair enough. The way I looked at is a remake is almost always a disaster. Very hard slope to climb specially being more a musician/artist then director. I got to admit in no way is the remake better then the originals of course not but they aren't bad either. I definitely like the Halloween remakes way better then friday remake or nightmare remake with Jackie Earle Haley.

I guess Rob Zombie decided to give us a more extended detailed understanding of the The Shapes upbringing. I definitely liked it. It showed a lot of people what created the monster & why.

Kind of like the Spider-Man reboots. He keeps getting younger & younger. Pretty soon a new spidey will be a squeaker 7 year old wall crawler crime fighting spiduh man. Probably produced by Disney. Now we got Batfleck.

21 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

Definitely, less is more. I liked how the original was just a child from a nice, normal loving family that went...wrong, somehow. No explanation, until they ruined it with the Curse of Thorn. With the remake he had every reason to be a killer. Hell, I wanted his family to die after 5 minutes of that garbage, and I grew up in a similar environment. It was too easy. I hated it as well, and Michael is my second favorite after Jason.

Back on topic. It looked alright. I'll give it a watch, for Kane and Bill at least.

I'm late to the party, but i still wanna play, so I'll try and contribute:

@Tattooey, The trailer looks cool, but still sets expectations low enough to feel like I wouldn't end up disappointed. It is missing some names to be able to be a 'horror Expendables', which is what is what I would LOVE to see.

@thatdudescott, I feel like Rob Zombie has earned his place in horror conversations, but he's not a 'master'.

@Tattooey @Bigfoot and @thatdudescott AND @Ultimusone01 (since you contributed while I was typing) I sincerely wish I had your enthusiasm for ANY iteration of The Shape, but for me, Halloween had always felt like 'eating my vegetables' in the world of horror.

@Manny1985 good list. I feel like Tucker and Dale Versus Evil ought to be in there, but maybe it's too new to earn a spot.

@Tattooey, I'm not trying to start something, but I feel like 'Batfleck' was the first performance of Batman that I felt could believably stand a chance in Gotham's underworld, even though Michael Keaton will always be MY Batman.

I like Ben Affleck. I just like my batman more ninja like the league of shadows. More fast and agile rather then stocky slow rambo looking.

19 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

I like Ben Affleck. I just like my batman more ninja like the league of shadows. More fast and agile rather then stocky slow rambo looking.

Affleck almost looks ok, but I like my Batman to not be a lumbering doofus. Keeton is still my favorite.

Tattooey likes this

1 hour ago, Tattooey said:

I guess Rob Zombie decided to give us a more extended detailed understanding of the The Shapes upbringing.

I carry a pretty big torch for the original Halloween. To me,I didn't need to know about his upbringing. It was actually more terrifying to think that nothing negative happened to Myers as a child. When I watch the first Halloween,Laurie Strode isn't even his sister to me. (because the movie wasn't written with her as his sister)

The movie works so well with me because this child committed such a horrible act and wasted away in an asylum for years. Then he suddenly broke out and went home during Halloween. The idea of a murderer escaping his prison,only to go "home" and hang around the place he murdered his sister,is terrifying.

THEN,Laurie drops a key off and the infatuation begins.

Remember,she technically ISN'T his sister in this one. She just randomly had to drop a key off. The rest of the movie is filled with Michael Myers in the background,stalking her. Maybe he wasn't even going to kill these girls until Annie decided to blurt out "SPEED KILLS!" 

Michael Myers even plays sinister "tricks" on everyone. Dude stole his sisters tombstone and decorated a room with Annie's body.  The head-tilt after pinning Bob to the wall,essentially making him a Halloween decoration...And what was going through his mind when he took a bed sheet,cut the eyes out,and placed Bob's glasses OVER THE EYE HOLES before he strangled Linda to death. 

I gotta stop,I could write about the original Halloween forever. But I didn't stop,because I edited more stuff into this :)

I don't look down on anyone who prefers the remake,but the remake literally took everything I liked about the character of Michael Myers,and threw it out the window.

58 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

@thatdudescott, I feel like Rob Zombie has earned his place in horror conversations, but it's not a 'master'.

Oh don't get me wrong,I don't consider him a master at all. But Bill Moseley's portrayal in those 2 movies,particularly Devil's Rejects,is amazing and I would personally put him in the icons of horror category for Chop Top alone. Also,eat your vegetables!

Horror expendables you say? - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2984576/

Obligatory "back on topic" - 

This movie came out on March 29th 2016 lol,I thought it wasn't even released yet.

12 hours ago, Tattooey said:

Yet Batfleck has better speed feats than Keaton or Bale. Dude took out something like 13 guys in the best live action Bat sequence put to film. Affleck is brawn and speed. 

12 hours ago, Ultimusone01 said:

Affleck almost looks ok, but I like my Batman to not be a lumbering doofus. Keeton is still my favorite.

See above.

On topic, movie looks interesting. I'd give it a view. 

35 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Yet Batfleck has better speed feats than Keaton or Bale. Dude took out something like 13 guys in the best live action Bat sequence put to film. Affleck is brawn and speed. 

See above.

On topic, movie looks interesting. I'd give it a view. 

That's like a semi faster than a lambo.

19 hours ago, Tattooey said:

Sorry, I just had to say something here as I am a big Michael Myers fan. I hated the first one when I saw it in theaters, and the "origin story" was the reason. The bad thing about Zombie's films is that he turns everyone into white-trash, neckbearded, redneck idiots that say fuck every other word. The abused, neglected, broken-home scenario was just too easy, it was lazy writing in my opinion. Since then, I have come to enjoy the first one. I don't love it by any means, but I can sit and enjoy it. 

Caution, there is a plot-point spoiler for H2 below. Don't read if you haven't seen the film.

H2, on the other hand, was absolutely horrible in my opinon. I understand what Zombie was going for here, but he missed completely. That dream sequence crap with Sheri Moon and the white horse was just stupid. Rob's wife wanted to be in the second movie, and he found a way to shoehorn her in there. I won't even go into what they did to Laurie's character. The best scene in that movie was the hospital scene and that ended up being a damn dream sequence! 

I'm glad you like the films, Tattooey, a lot of people do. I personally cannot stand H2. But, that is the great thing about films. It is all subjective.

Ultimusone01 likes this

@Rexfellis Ya that's why they called him White Zombie everything is super trailer trash. I guess a complete mental breakdown with a suburban middle class family would be to challenging. Look at the Texas chainsaw remake was super fucking hillbilly but that's Texas so it's excusable. The second remake was absolutely garbage with the chick finding out it's her cousin & instant best friends hearts & kisses crap.

I liked the original H2 movies to a point. Tho the series ended in utter trash with Busta Rhymes Bruce Lee routine & entire party watching live feed with no interest in calling the police was silly.

I didn't like the dream sequence either. It was non sense & unwarranted but if I'm not mistaken I think Michael Myers was having a hallucination.

On a side note that old man didn't deserve that lol.

1 minute ago, Tattooey said:

Look at the Texas chainsaw remake was super fucking hillbilly but that's Texas so it's excusable.

Easy now. I was born and raised in Texas. I live in New Orleans now. Sure there are a lot of rednecks in Texas, that is kind of why I stayed here, but Texas is still my home. lol

When I said H2, I meant Zombie's H2. I thought the movie was complete crap. I even found the turd with Busta Rhymes more entertaining. I liked The Devil's Rejects and House of 1000 Corpses for what they were. The only problem is that Zombie never moved away from that stereotype in his movies. They are all drunken neckbeards with the intelligence of a rock and the vocabulary of an "edgy" 14 year old. His cinematography is awesome, he just can't write believable dialogue or characters to save his life.