Unclebunt

Your strategy when it comes to Pamela's sweater?

35 posts in this topic

Almost killed Jason for the first time legitimately in a Quickmatch round this morning. Jason quit while I was Tommy and had the press E prompt. It's a shame. It was a damn good round.

On 05/08/2017 at 9:16 PM, I ❤️ A.J. said:

Does he get an audio cue for every time someone enters the shack, or just the first time?

I wonder.  Cuz an interesting strategy would be to enter it, but don't grab the sweater, run away and hide, wait for Jason to lose interest, and go back in and grab it.

If he does get an audio cue every time, it would be interesting to continually renter over and over again without taking the sweater, just to waste his time.  Think about it.  He would be wasting morphs over and over again while other counselor's fix things and raid cabins.

Interesting theory.

Grab a buddy and try it out in a private match?

If I get time to try it over the next day or two I'll let you know

On 8/6/2017 at 3:04 AM, I ❤️ A.J. said:

As long as you're Vanessa you should have no problems.  Actually, go for the sweater first thing in the game as Vanessa before Jason gets shift.  That way he CAN'T get you.

Also, if he's a Jason like I am, he'll be spending all his morphs early on in the game going from objective to objective placing traps.  It takes a couple of minutes or so. 

The one time that a group tried to kill me I was Morphing from place to place wondering where the other seven players went. Then I activated Sense and there they were all seven of em running in my direction. It was at that moment I thought "What would Conan do?" So I started swinging my Axe with purpose.  My first three targets were the females in the group. I singled them out and cut them down effectively killing the groups chance to kill me. No girls no killing Jason. The four guys in the group attemped to get my mask off anyway. They did not succeed because I would Morph away if they stunned me and then pull a Sense, Shift, Grab from long range that ate up their pocket knives pretty quick. I finished up everyone but the Adam that was clearly the best player. He ran the clock out on me. He even told me that I was the first Jason player not to panic when they seen the whole group show up for a Jason kill. 

4 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

The one time that a group tried to kill me I was Morphing from place to place wondering where the other seven players went. Then I activated Sense and there they were all seven of em running in my direction. It was at that moment I thought "What would Conan do?" So I started swinging my Axe with purpose.  My first three targets were the females in the group. I singled them out and cut them down effectively killing the groups chance to kill me. No girls no killing Jason. The four guys in the group attemped to get my mask off anyway. They did not succeed because I would Morph away if they stunned me and then pull a Sense, Shift, Grab from long range that ate up their pocket knives pretty quick. I finished up everyone but the Adam that was clearly the best player. He ran the clock out on me. He even told me that I was the first Jason player not to panic when they seen the whole group show up for a Jason kill. 

I've never seen a group run after me head on.  The only time they fight me is if they have to, on the defensive.  And I don't even think I'm that good of a Jason.  My shift grabs aren't that good.  I probably have around a 15% success rate on grabs coming directly out of shift.

17 minutes ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

I've never seen a group run after me head on.  The only time they fight me is if they have to, on the defensive.  And I don't even think I'm that good of a Jason.  My shift grabs aren't that good.  I probably have around a 15% success rate on grabs coming directly out of shift.

Use Sense to light up the enemy like the Predator first. I found that I was missing most of my grabs out of shift when I started playing the game because of the tunnel vision aspect of Shift limited my sight. But with my target lit up like a Christmas tree it was a lot easier to aim Grab. Now with part 3 I can activate Sense see a target and Shift to it from extreme range. Shift kind of reminds me of flying a fighter in Star Wars: Rogue Squadron. Weird I know but hear me out. In Rogue Squadron your fighter is always moving forward even if you hit the air breaks. Shift is always moving forward too in the same way. I never push the stick forward when Shifting. I only steer left or right around obstacles. I think pressing forward moves you faster in Shift but brings you out of Shift quicker but I don't know for sure. If I am right you don't need to move faster in Shift unless your a low Shift Jason because in Shift your already faster then the kids your hunting and you could over shoot. 

52 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Use Sense to light up the enemy like the Predator first. I found that I was missing most of my grabs out of shift when I started playing the game because of the tunnel vision aspect of Shift limited my sight. But with my target lit up like a Christmas tree it was a lot easier to aim Grab. Now with part 3 I can activate Sense see a target and Shift to it from extreme range. Shift kind of reminds me of flying a fighter in Star Wars: Rogue Squadron. Weird I know but hear me out. In Rogue Squadron your fighter is always moving forward even if you hit the air breaks. Shift is always moving forward too in the same way. I never push the stick forward when Shifting. I only steer left or right around obstacles. I think pressing forward moves you faster in Shift but brings you out of Shift quicker but I don't know for sure. If I am right you don't need to move faster in Shift unless your a low Shift Jason because in Shift your already faster then the kids your hunting and you could over shoot. 

I've started to have more success with shift/grab by way of flying ahead of them and then abruptly canceling out so they run head on into me for a nice grab.

Alien_Number_Six likes this

53 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Thanks I'll keep that in mind.

1 hour ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Does that help with preventing from accidentally going into combat stance when coming out of shift?  It's really frustrating when you line up the perfect shift grab only to not be able to grab because you've gone into combat stance while you were trying to steer.

On 07/08/2017 at 3:17 AM, SaltyWinnets said:

Interesting theory.

Grab a buddy and try it out in a private match?

If I get time to try it over the next day or two I'll let you know

Tried this last night. Gives Jason the audio cue EVERY time

On 8/7/2017 at 3:29 PM, Vaderspupil said:

Does that help with preventing from accidentally going into combat stance when coming out of shift?  It's really frustrating when you line up the perfect shift grab only to not be able to grab because you've gone into combat stance while you were trying to steer.

It may but that is a playstyle issue.