Unclebunt

Your strategy when it comes to Pamela's sweater?

35 posts in this topic

Just wondering what your strategy is for when you are a female counselor and going for a potential kill.

When someone says they are going to try and kill Jason straight away do you grab the sweater as soon as possible or do wait until Jason is demasked and Tommy Jarvis is in play?

Ups and Downs to both sides as if you demask Jason chances are he will guard his shack where as getting is early (when someone is trying to demask) you are more likely to die because he will hunt you to remove the chance or him being killed.

Whats your opinion how do you play :)?

7 minutes ago, Unclebunt said:

Just wondering what your strategy is for when you are a female counselor and going for a potential kill.

When someone says they are going to try and kill Jason straight away do you grab the sweater as soon as possible or do wait until Jason is demasked and Tommy Jarvis is in play?

Ups and Downs to both sides as if you demask Jason chances are he will guard his shack where as getting is early (when someone is trying to demask) you are more likely to die because he will hunt you to remove the chance or him being killed.

Whats your opinion how do you play :)?

I personally don't think it makes a difference when you go for the sweater since Jason gets an audio cue as soon as you enter his shack. 

Just now, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Unless you're holding his mask.

Interesting. I didn't know that.

If you're working with a decent group they can tell you when Jason is down or stunned or beat of all if he just morphed, you don't neee his mask if he's already occupied.  

If you really wanna play it safe you can bring one other with you who will either die in your place while you escape or knock him down to let you escape.  

My group usually knocks his mask off and then bullies Jason while two others set up the other perpetration to kill him.  A good stealth character with the right perks can usually get his mask and hide in time if Jason can't immediately morph to the cabin.

13 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Interesting. I didn't know that.

200w.gif

Couldn't resist. It was between this and the G.I. Joe PSA " now we know." " and knowing is half the battle"

A good strategy is to go to the shack with a gang of Buggzy's and Adams, so when he morphs they ambush him, and the sweater girl runs off till his mask his knocked off.

Even better is to wait for tommy to come back then go to the shack together.

I will only go in the middle of a match to get the sweater If i have a pocket knife, but also when they Jason's mask off 

If you know you can kill Jason, I will go for the sweater immediately because then he has to choose to either go back to the shack and waste a morph, or continue to trap objectives. Either way, there is a threat there that forces Jason to forfeit one object over another. What does he prioritize, the sweater used to potentially kill him, or potentially letting an escape method be built? 

I wait till I hear he morphs to somebody than I enter the shack and I run like hell

Now for using it to escape I wait till the cops arrive to go grab it to use for escaping with but it depends on where the shack is to one of the exits 

Whenever I am Vanessa or Tiffany- I go for the sweater on almost every map.  The only time I will not go for it is when Jason's shack is on the single Island, on Higgins Haven.  When I am all the other female counselors (Deb, AJ & Jen), I will not go for it when it the shack spawns Northwest on Packanack.  That long narrow path to the shack is a death run on the way back, for the less athletic girls. 

Right before I enter the shack, I regain all my stamina and radio out to see if Jason is near any one.  If he is, I tell them I am going for the sweater and he should be leaving them in a few seconds.  Lately it has been 50/50 on whether or not Jason will come to me.  It's interesting because depending on what I am doing as Jason, it is also 50/50 on whether or not I go after the sweater thief.

Stumble upon Jason's shack, grab it for because, run around like an idiot, use it for a brief stun, continue to run around like an idiot.

38 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Stumble upon Jason's shack, grab it for because, run around like an idiot, use it for a brief stun, continue to run around like an idiot.

That checks out.

5 minutes ago, JPops said:

I use my tide pen to keep it clean. That's really about it. 

"Yes. Yes. Clean the sweater, @JPops. Mommy's proud of you."

Does he get an audio cue for every time someone enters the shack, or just the first time?

I wonder.  Cuz an interesting strategy would be to enter it, but don't grab the sweater, run away and hide, wait for Jason to lose interest, and go back in and grab it.

If he does get an audio cue every time, it would be interesting to continually renter over and over again without taking the sweater, just to waste his time.  Think about it.  He would be wasting morphs over and over again while other counselor's fix things and raid cabins.

8 hours ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

Does he get an audio cue for every time someone enters the shack, or just the first time?

I wonder.  Cuz an interesting strategy would be to enter it, but don't grab the sweater, run away and hide, wait for Jason to lose interest, and go back in and grab it.

If he does get an audio cue every time, it would be interesting to continually renter over and over again without taking the sweater, just to waste his time.  Think about it.  He would be wasting morphs over and over again while other counselor's fix things and raid cabins.

If you can get away.

3 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

If you can get away.

As long as you're Vanessa you should have no problems.  Actually, go for the sweater first thing in the game as Vanessa before Jason gets shift.  That way he CAN'T get you.

Also, if he's a Jason like I am, he'll be spending all his morphs early on in the game going from objective to objective placing traps.  It takes a couple of minutes or so. 

Alien_Number_Six likes this

I like to be Vanessa and haul ass outta there once I get the sweater. Most shack locations are too far from cabins to reliably do it with another character. I like to get it early in the match. If it's before Jason gets Shift then he'll likely waste a morph trying to catch me.

3 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I like to be Vanessa and haul ass outta there once I get the sweater. Most shack locations are too far from cabins to reliably do it with another character. I like to get it early in the match. If it's before Jason gets Shift then he'll likely waste a morph trying to catch me.

Voorhees do you have a YouTube channel and if so is this you

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCuCsDD3tPIi0ld0SB5JtXwg

I grabbed it once just because but my strategy is usually to work on other things. But I'm solo most of the time so my goal is to survive/escape and help others along the way. 

I only go for it once Tommy is in and we are ready to go for the kill. That means a bat and machete in place, hopefully a bigzy of Adam with ready to take the mask off. 

I do like the strategy of having a group ready to damask him. I don't see a point in grabbing it unless you can guarantee a smart Tommy is coming back, not someone that doesn't know what they are doing.