DamonD7

Where do you live?

19 posts in this topic

So, I thought it might be an idea for a thread where people could talk a little about where they live and what it's like. Give you a chance to show your home town / bustling metropolis / barn off to the forum and talk about something you like about it, if you feel like it.

I live in Tavistock, a picturesque market town (population about 12,000) down in Devon on the South-West tip of England. I've lived here for the past 33 years now, with the first seven years of my life just twenty miles or so away in a different town called Liskeard. It's a very pretty town, the kind of thing you'd see on a chocolate box, and despite all these years here I still find it a beautiful, quiet little town to live in. It's definitely why I'm pretty laid back, I think, it's just that pace of life.

tavistock-2_orig.jpg

view-over-the-town-centre-of-tavistock-d

757b31dee61a30236ff6ef213a11ea5a.jpg

AldermachXI likes this

I like this

I am from South Africa - I live in a very central town called Centurion

Contrary to popular belief, I do not ride a Zebra to work... I use the Lion for that. The Zebra is for weekends

Would love to share a photo of my view, but this lovely uploader refuses to let me upload photos from my PC

Do we go full tell the history of where we live or cause I'm not doing that 

I live in Melbourne Australia 🇦🇺 

15 minutes ago, JPops said:

I can neither confirm nor deny that statement. 

Sounds like Jason is practicing politics.

Davidt likes this

I like in Philadelphia, PA. I love my city because of cheesesteaks, pretzels, Italian water ice, multiple museums and art districts, the historical areas, the diversity, and location around most my family. The school district is terrible though, and like any major city, there are very bad neighborhoods but that doesn't make me my home city any less when I'm at university six hours away.

I live in New Orleans. Actually, I live in Metairie, just outside Nola. I moved here from Texas in 2009, and fell in love with the place. The food, the people, the music, the art...there is just so much history behind the city. I'll be honest, I don't go down to the French Quarter anymore unless I have friends visiting from Texas, and I avoid Mardi Gras like the plague now. It is just too crowded and sometimes dangerous. The one time of year that I break my "No Quarter" rule is during October. With VoodooFest and everything else surrounding Halloween, I always make at least one or two trips down to Bourbon St.

1491585581632.jpegREU-USA-61.jpg

bourbon-New-Orleans.jpg

DamonD7 likes this

On 01/08/2017 at 11:35 PM, JPops said:

I live in a van down by the river. :)

We just learned that jPops is a prev me and my friends have a joke about that when we where coming from a footy match my friend bought candy she said to me "do want some candy little girl" in a weird perv voice

9 minutes ago, Moe9999633 said:

We just learned that jPops is a prev me and my friends have a joke about that when we where coming from a footy match my friend bought candy she said to me "do want some candy little girl" in a weird perv voice

Well I suppose that is also associated with vans in remote places but I was going more for Matt Foley Motivational speaker. 

This is the best clip I could find of it. Ignore the end part as that is what 95% of the search results of this video are

On 8/1/2017 at 5:17 AM, Arcanecynic said:

I like this

I am from South Africa - I live in a very central town called Centurion

Contrary to popular belief, I do not ride a Zebra to work... I use the Lion for that. The Zebra is for weekends

Would love to share a photo of my view, but this lovely uploader refuses to let me upload photos from my PC

Use this site. It's easy then paste the link.

https://ctrlq.org/images/

7 hours ago, JPops said:

Well I suppose that is also associated with vans in remote places but I was going more for Matt Foley Motivational speaker. 

This is the best clip I could find of it. Ignore the end part as that is what 95% of the search results of this video are

Sorry who is Matt Foley