7theye

Is anyone actually buying Dead Alliance?

61 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I 1000% on your side of the fence on this one. My question is, and this could come from being new to forums in general, does Ben's response sometimes get buried in the dogpile of other comments? Do people miss his comment and mistake their oversight as silence?

I mean anything is possible but people generally are pretty good about re-quoting responses as soon as an answer is put out. What I have seen on any response is a mixed bag of results. There are those that say thank you for the clarification and move on and then there are others to the tone of this isn't good enough. It's in those moments there is not much you can do. Ben is responsible for the social media platforms on FB and Twitter. He also addresses reddit, discord, steam forums, instagram, YouTube, email inquiries ect. There is thousands on emails alone sent daily. That is a lot of ground to cover. While I don't work for gun it's why I exist in my capacity. I help manage the forums, handle disciplanry issues here and review reports. Which multiples come in daily. Also there is a single player game that needs to be tended to. There are only so many hours in the day. There was admittedly a period of silence as other issues were being addressed but a communication was made on this forum that going forward that this would be worked on. 

I think some people expect someone who sits solely on the forums and engages in the back and forths here. That's not realistic and no community manager does that. The game is moving in the right direction and while it is not at the blazing speeds of AAA companies who have hundreds employed it is getting there. It's hard to be patient especially if someone feels they have an axe to grind and you don't get immediate answers. Everyone is hard at work to make this game even better. But I think some feel everyone is sitting around in the office counting money and twiddling thumbs. 

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Sounds like a lot of work....

http://forum.f13game.com/index.php?/profile/1-gunmedia_ben/content/

...let me know when you're finished. :D

Yeah way too many pages to find it ?

Now that I think about it though it may have been the original topic where people expressed fears of the new game.

Not sure if it got deleted but people were complaining about the silence and then a news article popped up saying "gun media have gone silent" then Ben popped in and said "I'm not ignoring anyone blah blah blah, I sent a strong worded message to those news sites blah blah blah etc".

Then he went back to ignoring everyone until that savini scandal.

Think this was the follow-up 

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, JPops said:

I mean anything is possible but... 

Thank you for your response. As one satisfied customer and forum member, I appreciate the participation from the team that IS put in, and the work put in by you and the others to moderate and clarify.

19 minutes ago, Seeker said:

Yeah way too many pages to find it ?

Now that I think about it though it may have been the original topic where people expressed fears of the new game.

Not sure if it got deleted but people were complaining about the silence and then a news article popped up saying "gun media have gone silent" then Ben popped in and said "I'm not ignoring anyone blah blah blah, I sent a strong worded message to those news sites blah blah blah etc".

Then he went back to ignoring everyone until that savini scandal.

Think this was the follow-up 

We are still talking about multiple posts from Ben in a month. My previous experience with official game forums was Star Wars Battlefront, where I was a lurker, not a participant. There, we were doing good to get multiple posts in a fiscal quarter. That experience likely informs my patience here, but again, my experience is limited.

Edited by NthnButAGoodTime
decided I hadn't been inclusive enough

6 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Thank you for your response. As one satisfied customer and forum member, I appreciate the participation from the team that IS put in, and the work put in by you and the others to moderate and clarify.

We are still talking about multiple posts from Ben in a month. My previous experience with official game forums was Star Wars Battlefront, where I was a lurker, not a participant. There, we were doing good to get multiple posts in a fiscal quarter. That experience likely informs my patience here, but again, my experience is limited.

This is the only official game forum I have been to.

I have been on other forums but not game related. Lol

8 hours ago, JPops said:

Well what is clear is how we will not see eye to eye on appropriate responses. If you look through threads on big issues Ben usually pops in and addresses the issue. It's just that people are so jaded that they will not accept the answer as a response. I don't know the controversy behind the game cited in this video but it is a response that I do not see how it has gone above an beyond anything other than a statement.  

F13 had made some money but it also took a lot of money invested initially and also reinvested into the game for the future. It was also said that they have expanded the team but again it is still a small company even if they have expanded. This one game did not bring them into riches. Game development is expensive. I do not have a P and L report from gun but looking at what amounts we can confirm it was not a cash windfall where anyone is using cash as TP because they can. 

I see more times than not issues are non issues and some would like to beat a dead horse and consistently tag the devs as to coherce a response. There is something to a mob mentality. I am not the only one to say that or see it but often times people appear to be waiting in the wings for the anything they can jump and bash on the developers. The large issues that have poped up I have always seen communication on. 

You and I will always be on different sides of the fence bears. It's been this way for a long time but that's OK these are our opinions. 

I agree we don't see eye-to-eye on this. It's something we've debated in the past and will likely do so again in the future.

The response in the video by those developers wasn't above or beyond- it was adequate and appropriate. That was my point. No one is asking the forums be catered to but jumping on to stomp out a fire once in a while would be nice. The answers provided lately by Ben don't hold as much weight around here, or anywhere, because people have lost their trust in him. Not everyone but obviously a lot of folks. In the Discord thread, Ben acknowledges neglecting the forums because he considers us "the least of his worries". So again- not looking for special treatment but how about something on par with the F13 Discord?

I will agree about the mob mentality. There are users here, and every other forum, who jump in to kick Gun while they're down. It goes both ways though. I've seen folks kiss their asses too, for no reason at all.

On the subject of money- if what they've made in the last two months is not considered an incredible sum of money then they have much bigger problems than public relations.

16 hours ago, SciGuy said:

They won't be getting her, unfortunately. It's not even up to her. The company responsible for casting decided to go non Union. Speculation dictates they are going this route because they want people that could not only do the voice acting, but mo-cap as well.

Too bad :( Alysson was perfect for Claire. 

So about Dead Alliance...

Lots of players are saying that the game is an absolute buggy trashfire. 

At this they had the good sense to label it a "beta."

;)

I'm gonna pass on dead alliance.

There's enough of them out there (zombie games. So. Fucking. Many.). Some way better than what i've seen from dead alliance.

I'll stick to Left 4 Dead 2 for my zombie shooter fix.

On 7/29/2017 at 5:36 AM, Seeker said:

I won't be getting it 

Ditto.

Played the demo on Xbox live.  Didn't really do anything for me.  Saw it's $39.99 CAN. to buy and that sealed it's fate.  I might have been excited for it about 10 years ago but I'm so over generic shooter games.  But I hope it does do well for them and I wish them nothing but the best!

On 7/29/2017 at 8:23 AM, 7theye said:

Geese grammar police. Need to make yourself feel smart or something?

I do.

OUfv6DJ9YSN1y71TEsp02R84WaSSrRoYyIxPD5k0